Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gáis - When do they disconnect you?

Options
  • 24-07-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hello

Not sure if this is the correct place for this.

I'm in a apartment where the gas bills come in the name of a former tenant. He's away for a year and the current housemates (including me) and him agreed to keep it in his name and pay it as normal.

W got a bill in April which was an estimate and it was paid, apart from €50 as we were a little short and were told the next bill would be an actual reading.

That came in June (it was an actual reading) - The amount was due mid June and was paid then, apart from €40 which we are paying this week (when we get paid)

My heating isn't working tonight :o It may be an issue with the boiler, it came on briefly and then went dead seemingly!

Would they cut us off with no warning? The name on the bill isn't contactable by phone if they were trying him on that?

I had thought we'd get some notice or demands by letter even?

I tried ringing them previous but they wouldn't speak to me so I'm sure it won't be any different now.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Generally you have to be 2/3 months in arrears and then they will send a letter to make a payment plan by phone if you don't keep up the payments I think they send a 10 day notice. I can't imagine them disconnecting you for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Generally you have to be 2/3 months in arrears and then they will send a letter to make a payment plan by phone if you don't keep up the payments I think they send a 10 day notice. I can't imagine them disconnecting you for €40.

Thanks. Might just be the boiler acting up, haven't had it on for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Hi Nojunkmaill, I'd say it's very highly unlikely they've disconnected you - it would take a lot more and a lot longer. And yes, paper correspondence, even if they're also contacting the account-holder by phone/email. If you find it hard to pay in full when the bill arrives, you can pre-pay bits and bobs into the account prior to the bill to keep on top of it. :)

Advertisement