Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lillies

• 24-07-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I have lillies that are growing great, some have flowered and flowers have died off.

Will I cut the dead flowers and cut back the green leaves to help flowers regrow.

I have fed them last week aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are we talking daylillies, asiatic, calla or canna lillies here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

pwurple wrote: »
    Are we talking daylillies, asiatic, calla or canna lillies here?

Calla lily sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Good old callas. They don't need much at all. I wouldn't bother cutting back the green. Take off the faded flowers if you don't like the look of them. They can flower for most of the year just letting them be.

If they get a bit crowded, maybe dig up and divide?

pwurple wrote: »
    Good old callas. They don't need much at all. I wouldn't bother cutting back the green. Take off the faded flowers if you don't like the look of them. They can flower for most of the year just letting them be.

If they get a bit crowded, maybe dig up and divide?

Thanks, ya I might divide them.

Looking for best food to give lillie's, taken off their frost protection and they are just peeping up thru soil now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I divided up a particularly nice lily I had last year and now have six of it growing in the greenhouse :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I think it should be possible to divide (during dormant phase) the plants which tend to become a bit bloated every 2-3 years.

Also have you tried restricting the root development and growing the plant within a container in the ground? It works wonders for better and longer lasting flowering for agapanthus which also produces interesting flowers but lots of foliage too and unfortunately also another big slug magnet!

Advertisement