Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Todays Annoucement Revenue Collecting Property Tax

• 24-07-2012 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

With todays annoucement revenue are set to collect next years property tax-more then likely we can expect it to be deducted at source from people-since that annoucement on most Internet forums all I see is people moaning about it I don't see many comments on what people actually want to about it-my thoughts on what should be done its up to everyone here that's opposed to property taxes to gather up all their workmates go to the local union rep let the union rep know property taxes being deducted at source is not tolerable-from there Industrial action/work stoppages need to be organised-more people need to get Involved with anti austerity groups in their areas-mass pickets outside fg/lab tds clinics on a weekly basis-on the day the budget is annouced there needs to be mass protests in dublin-the time for moaning on Internet forums is over people need to start taking to the streets in mass numbers like the Spanish are currently doing-the suggestion by the IMF last week about medical cards was met by threats of protests from age action-if the Eldery hadn't of protested about the medical cards a few years ago there wouldn't of being a u turn done at that time.some of us prob weren't born in 1979 the time of the tax marches hundreds of thousands took to the streets demanding reform of the tax system-a repeat of the 1979 tax marches in mass numbers is now needed.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Lets all vote Fianna Fail back into power, they will sort it out and line their pockets at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I propose a "paragraph tax"

All opposed, type in block form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Am Chile wrote: »
    With todays annoucement revenue are set to collect next years property tax-more then likely we can expect it to be deducted at source from people-since that annoucement on most Internet forums all I see is people moaning about it I don't see many comments on what people actually want to about it-my thoughts on what should be done its up to everyone here that's opposed to property taxes to gather up all their workmates go to the local union rep let the union rep know property taxes being deducted at source is not tolerable-from there Industrial action/work stoppages need to be organised-more people need to get Involved with anti austerity groups in their areas-mass pickets outside fg/lab tds clinics on a weekly basis-on the day the budget is annouced there needs to be mass protests in dublin-the time for moaning on Internet forums is over people need to start taking to the streets in mass numbers like the Spanish are currently doing-the suggestion by the IMF last week about medical cards was met by threats of protests from age action-if the Eldery hadn't of protested about the medical cards a few years ago there wouldn't of being a u turn done at that time.some of us prob weren't born in 1979 the time of the tax marches hundreds of thousands took to the streets demanding reform of the tax system-a repeat of the 1979 tax marches in mass numbers is now needed.

I'm going to see your post and raise you some comma's,full stops and a couple of paragraph's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I propose a tax on property tax threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

You know that a property tax is generally considered to be a fair, progressive tax and probably in line with left-wing thought?

• Advertisement
Advertisement