Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Contract Problems

Options
  • 24-07-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Rant time....
    I've been with 3 on a bill pay for over a year now having signed up may last year. When I got the phone I signed up on an 18 month contract but according to Three it's now a 2 year contract. The shop I bought the phone from is closed down and Three say they can not supply me with a copy of the 2 year contract signed by me. I am insistent that it was an 18 month contract however I cant locate my copy of the contract. If I remember my consumer law correctly the onus is on Three to have copies of all signed contracts available for viewing for the term of the contract and 2 years after, someone might correct me on that.

Their customer service has been a joke, I made 2 calls today one was over 20 minutes long involving 5 transfers to different people including business support in the UK & Three broadband connection support, being thrown from Billy to Jack around all their call centres in Ireland, England and India is so frustrating. The second call was all with one guy as I would not let him off the phone. I explained all the problems and his response was that I was in a contract and if I withdrew I would be facing a fine in court???? WTF, how dare he threaten me like that. He then refused to transfer me to cancellations as I was unwilling to pay any cancellation fee's. At that point I just hung up on him.

Has anyone else come across this crap before? I have worked in retail management and would be well versed in consumer law, all be it from a few years back but I cant see it changing that much.

As far as I can gather, or from what I can think might have happened is the fella in the phone shop sold me on the 18 month contract, signed me up for the 2 year contract and pocketed the difference of about €100 if I recall correctly. Would this be a possible scenario???

sorry for the looooooooong rant but jasus, if any of them had been within arms reach today I wouldn't have been responsable for my actions. :mad:
    Any suggestions on what to do now?????

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement