Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Nead21 wrote: »
    It's Friday Digs. Really looking forward to it, but also kind of nervous at the same time. Three clinics to go to Friday afternoon, and have to book in with antenatal classes.

Brilliant! Best of luck with it, will make for a great weekend :) hope you get a good look at babs. Ours was too comfy and stayed facing me the whole time, only got a clear pic of her foot which she was very proudly sticking out!!

Have booked my antenatal classes in holles street for mid feb. Have my husband terrified he'll have to watch a video of a woman in labour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Thanks for the messages about my scan yesterday girls, it went great! And it's a little dude I'm having! Saw his teeny little penis lol!! He was moving around so much, grabbing his feet to play with them, and waving above his head and everything, it was just *amazing* to watch. Everything is grand and healthy and where it should be too, such a relief.

Reading about the pregnancy yoga above - I feel so guilty, I paid up for 8 classes but only went to 2 before I dropped out. Just totally not my thing! I am just not a relaxy, listen to your breath type person I think. It was stressing me out, lol! I've bought a pregnancy exercise video but have yet to get off my behind and do it - so lazy :/

Also, had first ante natal class last week. Really eye opening, wow.

Aww congrats holding! That's two girls and a boy for April babas now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Digs wrote: »
    Aww congrats holding! That's two girls and a boy for April babas now :)

And another boy! :) my half Irish quarter Greek quarter Palestinian baby showed us his teeny weeny in our last scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Congrats holding and pinkheels on your scans and baby boys:)That's 2 and 2 so far I think for the april girls:)Hope everyone is keeping well:)

I am doing well,can't complain,we have come out of a hard week,my little one ended up in a&e with bad chest infection and the vomiting bug,her little body was struggling with both things and fever was very high and I couldn't manage it,she is back to health again thank god,she is almost 4 and has been on an antibiotic once so it was a scary time for us as she's never sick.I hope that's our lot now for the winter.Almost at week 23 and baby is growing by the day as is mommy:)

• Advertisement

Congrats pinkheels!! Even stevens for the april babies so far :)

MM sorry to hear you had a rough week, glad your girl is on the mend though that must have been frightening for you :( Hope that's the end of sickness for your house!

Had a really active baby last night, husband finally got to feel my belly jump, he is delighted with himself! Have a bit of discomfort down low today, niggling pains and an achy back. Am telling myself it's just stretching etc would love to go to bed with a hot water bottle!!!

I know how you feel Digs,I made the mistake of drinking a glass of water right before bed last night.I was up at 1am and 5am for the loo and baby was very active both times for about an hour after which ment no sleep for me,I guess it's preparation for things to come:)My stomach musels which are now just under my boobs are really sore today,I can kind of see them through my skin,it's like they are seperating,never had this last time but I suppose things are not as tight this time around!!Here I go and here was me thinking I had nothing to moan about:)

The kicks are so great Digs,my OH and little one both got to feel it this week,there faces were priceless:)

It really is the oddest sensation, took me a while to get used to them. Had one or two big thumps last night which nearly took my breath away. Nothing like it to convince you there is actually a little person growing inside you!!

Moan away MM, sure that is what we are here for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Im 5 ft 8 and my fertility clinic said that my height and weight were fine and I didnt need to loose weight before trying for a baby. Im having my 4th scan in 4-5 weeks and I'll be weighed so If there aint much change I'll be asking what I can do to make sure its all healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Congrats Holding and Pinkheels :D

Had scan yesterday and everything looks great. According to the sonographer, we have a very happy little baby. Such a relief to see everything developing well. Lots of movement and was even sucking its hand. It look her ages to see the face, as baby was playing peek-a-boo and kept putting its hands over its face.:) We were delighted as we got loads of pictures too. She asked us if we wanted to find out the sex, and having said all along we'll wait till the birth, we were VERY tempted!! We held off though, so it's still a surprise. (Have been convinced it's a boy from the start).

According to the scan it's measuring for April 17th instead of 22nd, but she said it might be just well developed at this stage.

We also saw the midwife, and she was lovely. Went through everything, and was very easy-going. She signed me up for the antenatal classes, and there's breastfeeding workshops in the New Year.

I was very happy overall as I'm quite nervous about the whole hospital end of things, but yesterday did a lot to put my mind at ease.

Kicks have been getting progressively stronger too, and some could even be described as little thumps! OH was delighted when he felt some.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear all is well with your little one Nead. Such a relief to get past that milestone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Phew very happy that 20 week scan all over and all seems to be very well in there... plus it's a girl! Another girl for us, and another girl for the April thread! :)

congrats nead and chuchu on your scans,great news and another little girl to add to the thread,we must be near a record:)

Awww another little woman congrats Chuchu!

THINK that's us all done with the big scans?? We are getting there girls :D In between heartburn, sore hips and pelvis and short sharp jabs to my bladder (my little one seems to be camping out on mine :D) I am getting really excited, beginning to believe it's all happening...surreal feeling really!

Hi girls how are you all doing?I have a question,are you all taking iron supplements?I had my bloods done at 12 weeks,when I went back at 18 weeks she said bloods were great and iron level very good but we want to keep it that way so I will recommend some iron supllements for you,well she never did and I forgot about it too.I never took iron tabs with my last pregnancy and it was never brought up in US.I am taking my pregnacare vitamin which has a small bit of iron,
    Well i'm 24 weeks on saturday and overall i'm feeling great but I have been completely shattered especially in the evening,just that total exhaustion I had at the beginning,I'm suprised as thought I had a few more weeks to go before that would set in again so i'm wondering if it's an iron thing,have appt next thurs but was just wondering how many of you take iron tabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi mm, I don't take them. My bloods have been normal at each test so iron had never been mentioned to me since my first visit when they told me i didn't need it. I take my pregnancare too so am just going to keep doing that for now. As regards exhaustion, I go through pockets of that. Was great for the last 4 weeks but this week I am absolutely hanging. Think it might just be the start if the last trimester effects!

Thanks yellowhen,yes was shocked to see in my book this week that I have 2 more weeks left until i'm in the 7th month...time is flying,I had bloods done at 12 weeks and my doc did bloods at 21 weeks as my hands were very itchy and she wanted to check liver function,they came back fine,maybe I just need to realise that the last trimesters coming up,i'm lucky in a way that I am sleeping like a log at night but need 10 hours,I hope your well,I have been keeping track of the march forum:)Who would have imagined this time last year we would be here-it's great:)

meggysmom wrote: »
    Thanks yellowhen,yes was shocked to see in my book this week that I have 2 more weeks left until i'm in the 7th month...time is flying,I had bloods done at 12 weeks and my doc did bloods at 21 weeks as my hands were very itchy and she wanted to check liver function,they came back fine,maybe I just need to realise that the last trimesters coming up,i'm lucky in a way that I am sleeping like a log at night but need 10 hours,I hope your well,I have been keeping track of the march forum:)Who would have imagined this time last year we would be here-it's great:)

It is so great indeed!! This time last year I was off week recovering from the laparoscopy. Touch wood, this pregnancy had been a dream so far, I feel so lucky. I'm getting my gt test this morning and there are a few girls who, at 27 weeks, can't kept the lucozade down. Heard one telling the nurse that she has been off work since 18 weeks! Makes you realise how hard done people have it for 9 months.

Yes we are very lucky,some people have it very bad,I was talking to a girl the other day and she has 3 boys under 5!!!She said she has no issues getting pregnant but she has a very hard time during pregnancy so maybe we had our dues:)
    Is the GT test a one hour one?I had a one hour one last pregnancy but was brought back in for the 4 hour one where you drink something and get bloods done every hour for 4 hours-not pleasent,turms out all was fine in the end,I haven't had mine here yet,maybe it will be mentioned at next weeks appointment!!

Yes we are very lucky,some people have it very bad,I was talking to a girl the other day and she has 3 boys under 5!!!She said she has no issues getting pregnant but she has a very hard time during pregnancy so maybe we had our dues:)
    Is the GT test a one hour one?I had a one hour one last pregnancy but was brought back in for the 4 hour one where you drink something and get bloods done every hour for 4 hours-not pleasent,turms out all was fine in the end,I haven't had mine here yet,maybe it will be mentioned at next weeks appointment!!

It's a 3hr test. Due last bloods at 20:35 and then I get my little token for tea and toast :) have never been so excited to see toast!

• Advertisement

3 hours:(I'm sure you will be very ready alright:)Good luck with it,Do you have a scan today?

Hi MM - I amn't taking iron. Had my bloods done at 14 weeks and haven't heard from the hosp so assume they're ok. I am taking pregnacare but only every second day or so as they give me headaches!

I was chatting to my cousin who is a GP last weekend and the first thing she asked me is if I'm tired. Which I am, all the time, and have been since day one. She said alot of women are just tired in pregnancy with no explanation to it, it's all about how it takes its toll on your body.

I am having a few days again where I am absolutely ravenous and her nibs is being alot quieter than usual. I remember you saying MM that with your last girl she had quiet weeks were you put it down to her having a growth spurt.....think that's what my lady is at at the mo!

I finally have my first consultant apt next Tues, will be 24 weeks the following day woo hoo!! A good friend of mine gave birth at 23weeks 6 days and he turns two next April, it hasn't been easy for them but he is such a beautiful special little boy and is doing great. It is amazing what they can do these days, no way would he have survived a few years ago. I always have 24weeks in my head as another milestone anyway, baby has a greater chance of survival then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I was taking iron for a couple of weeks but it made me really constipated so i stopped taking it. Haven't noticed a difference since so i dont think i really needed it. Had bloods done last week and have next appointment with consultant first week of jan, so will ask about it then.

Mmm what's the GT test??

Nead21 wrote: »
    I was taking iron for a couple of weeks but it made me really constipated so i stopped taking it. Haven't noticed a difference since so i dont think i really needed it. Had bloods done last week and have next appointment with consultant first week of jan, so will ask about it then.

Mmm what's the GT test??

It's the glucose tolerance test. It's to find out if you have gestational diabetes. Think only certain women are tested for it, if diabetes runs in the family or they display risk factors.... Weight etc.

Hi MM - I amn't taking iron. Had my bloods done at 14 weeks and haven't heard from the hosp so assume they're ok. I am taking pregnacare but only every second day or so as they give me headaches!

I was chatting to my cousin who is a GP last weekend and the first thing she asked me is if I'm tired. Which I am, all the time, and have been since day one. She said alot of women are just tired in pregnancy with no explanation to it, it's all about how it takes its toll on your body.

I am having a few days again where I am absolutely ravenous and her nibs is being alot quieter than usual. I remember you saying MM that with your last girl she had quiet weeks were you put it down to her having a growth spurt.....think that's what my lady is at at the mo!

I finally have my first consultant apt next Tues, will be 24 weeks the following day woo hoo!! A good friend of mine gave birth at 23weeks 6 days and he turns two next April, it hasn't been easy for them but he is such a beautiful special little boy and is doing great. It is amazing what they can do these days, no way would he have survived a few years ago. I always have 24weeks in my head as another milestone anyway, baby has a greater chance of survival then :)

I am the exact same as you digs,so hungry and baby was quiet last few days,had little tickles but no major kicks but last night she started up again,it does play on your mind and definitly effects my mood,like when she has a good kick around my mood perks up a lot!

I wonder if we know the same girl digs,I have a friend who gave birth the exact same time to her boy and he is doing great:)I do have that in my mind also about getting this far although I would never hope or wish for it!

It's the glucose tolerance test. It's to find out if you have gestational diabetes. Think only certain women are tested for it, if diabetes runs in the family or they display risk factors.... Weight etc.

I didn't know that it wasn't done for all women here,I must ask at my next appointment.I had it last time in US at 28 weeks but was putting on a lot of weight by then every week so maybe thats why i had it done,my weight was all fluid though as I had lost 2 thirds of it by my 6 week post baby check up!!

I didn't know that it wasn't done for all women here,I must ask at my next appointment.I had it last time in US at 28 weeks but was putting on a lot of weight by then every week so maybe thats why i had it done,my weight was all fluid though as I had lost 2 thirds of it by my 6 week post baby check up!!

I think here its only done if there's diabetes in your family, the mum is carrying a lot of extra weight or she has a history of giving birth to large babies. I didn't hear from the hospital in the end so I think that means I'm ok. Thank god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Hi girls how are you all doing?I have a question,are you all taking iron supplements?I had my bloods done at 12 weeks,when I went back at 18 weeks she said bloods were great and iron level very good but we want to keep it that way so I will recommend some iron supllements for you,well she never did and I forgot about it too.I never took iron tabs with my last pregnancy and it was never brought up in US.I am taking my pregnacare vitamin which has a small bit of iron,
    Well i'm 24 weeks on saturday and overall i'm feeling great but I have been completely shattered especially in the evening,just that total exhaustion I had at the beginning,I'm suprised as thought I had a few more weeks to go before that would set in again so i'm wondering if it's an iron thing,have appt next thurs but was just wondering how many of you take iron tabs?

Hey meggysmom! I'm taking iron supplements in addition to the iron rich multivitamins I'm on. My last blood test showed my iron had dropped a bit but was still in the normal range for a pregnant woman. I was however getting some dizzy spells because my blood pressure is a little low, I think most of this is related to me being a petite mommy now carrying a round belly! :)

Wow MM it might well be that we do, my friend is in Australia though so chances may be slim?? This world is way too small sometimes so wouldn't be suprised :D I agree with you while it's comforting no way would I wish baby be here that early. My husband was just saying last night in relation to our friend and their baby that would be like our baby being here on Tuesday.... terrifying :(

RE baby going quiet while she's growing that is the only time I have used the doppler.... just a little reassurance that all is ok when she's quiet. When I hear the hb there's usually a flurry of noise and whooshes which I know is her moving and I imagine her to be saying leave me alone I'm trying to sleep in here!!! ! That's why I can't bring myself to do the light on the belly thing (on the net it says babies can react to this). I hate having the lights turned on while I'm asleep so wouldn't do it to her :p

I am exact same with my mood, that's funny! I tend to be very subdued and quiet and then when I get a big kick it all changes :)

• Advertisement

Wow MM it might well be that we do, my friend is in Australia though so chances may be slim?? This world is way too small sometimes so wouldn't be suprised :D I agree with you while it's comforting no way would I wish baby be here that early. My husband was just saying last night in relation to our friend and their baby that would be like our baby being here on Tuesday.... terrifying :(

RE baby going quiet while she's growing that is the only time I have used the doppler.... just a little reassurance that all is ok when she's quiet. When I hear the hb there's usually a flurry of noise and whooshes which I know is her moving and I imagine her to be saying leave me alone I'm trying to sleep in here!!! That's why I can't bring myself to do the light on the belly thing (on the net it says babies can react to this). I hate having the lights turned on while I'm asleep so wouldn't do it to her :p

well Digs not too far away,she's in New Zealand:)Thankfully all went ok with her and baby in the end but it was a very frightening time.I never thought of the light on the belly thing,I had a doppler last time round but think it got lost in the move,I used it a lot on my 1st too,i'm definitly a lot more relaxed this time around which I guess comes from experience:)

Advertisement