Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

yeah i'd never heard of it either, we love the colour of the room so we will not be changing it unless of course we get a massive surprise when the baby arrives and its a girl even tho we have scan pics of babys bits that consultant printed off for us :D:D
    Our Box room is the nursery, its big enough for a box room so its just perfect as we plan on moving in about two years so weren't gonna go mad doing the spare room up, we need it for friends and grandparents for when they stay over :)
    The light lemon sounds gorgeous and especially with the pink and browns. we are getting all our carpets professionally cleaned upstairs in the next 3 weeks and once that is done we are going to collect the nursery furniture. Its all really exciting now making it feel all the more real, cant wait for him to be here now counting the weeks 8 wks 6days to due date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

ahh I know time going so fast....10 weeks on friday,I think when you get to single digits in the weeks it starts to become very real:)So you could possibly be a march or april baby?I'm april 6th so anytime within the 1st 2 weeks of april bar april 1st would be nice:):)

Yes i could be, but im hoping and praying he arrives between my dates and the hosp dates my date is the 18th and hosp date is 25th so any time between then would be perfect :) i know im asking way too much and he'll prob arrive in April :) Although he is bigger than average so im going to discuss birth and labour at my next consultant appt in 2 weeks as she asked me the last day if i had any questions but i felt it a bit soon and that i'd leave it until the nxt appt so will be 33+4 at nxt appt. I've had 4 laparoscopys with this consultant due to endo so i'm wondering is she considering c-section plus with baby been big. I'd preferably like Vaginal birth as recovery is quicker but if a section is required im open to it!

I feel the last two weeks dragged in, just hope the rest of the weeks go quick enough, i cant wait to finish work. I've another 6 and a half weeks left!

elly123 wrote: »
    Yes i could be, but im hoping and praying he arrives between my dates and the hosp dates my date is the 18th and hosp date is 25th so any time between then would be perfect :) i know im asking way too much and he'll prob arrive in April :) Although he is bigger than average so im going to discuss birth and labour at my next consultant appt in 2 weeks as she asked me the last day if i had any questions but i felt it a bit soon and that i'd leave it until the nxt appt so will be 33+4 at nxt appt. I've had 4 laparoscopys with this consultant due to endo so i'm wondering is she considering c-section plus with baby been big. I'd preferably like Vaginal birth as recovery is quicker but if a section is required im open to it!

I feel the last two weeks dragged in, just hope the rest of the weeks go quick enough, i cant wait to finish work. I've another 6 and a half weeks left!

yea thats a lot of laps alright,I would be interested to hear what they have to say to you about that,i've had just the one about 4 months before this pregnancy,consultant asked about it at the start of the pregnancy but it hasn't been mentioned since.I am really hoping for a vaginal delivery too,I had one with my daughter and it went really well so fingers crossed.The recovery is definitly quicker and less painful I would say judging on the recovery from the lap anyway!

meggysmom wrote: »
    yea thats a lot of laps alright,I would be interested to hear what they have to say to you about that,i've had just the one about 4 months before this pregnancy,consultant asked about it at the start of the pregnancy but it hasn't been mentioned since.I am really hoping for a vaginal delivery too,I had one with my daughter and it went really well so fingers crossed.The recovery is definitly quicker and less painful I would say judging on the recovery from the lap anyway!

I read in the book "what to expect when expecting" under the section "endometriosis" that sometimes if you have had surgery especially down low they will suggest a section. I had my last one in March so 3 months before i conceived and im sure it helped in some way :) I'm very lucky that i have the same consultant for both the endo and now the pregnancy and im public, well I switched from SP to public for the pregnancy on the request of my consultant as she only deals in the public so even tho im public im being well looked after i cant fault the system so far at all and i dont mind the waiting at appts. Im back with her on the 1st of Feb so i will let you know what she says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

elly123 wrote: »
    I read in the book "what to expect when expecting" under the section "endometriosis" that sometimes if you have had surgery especially down low they will suggest a section. I had my last one in March so 3 months before i conceived and im sure it helped in some way :) I'm very lucky that i have the same consultant for both the endo and now the pregnancy and im public, well I switched from SP to public for the pregnancy on the request of my consultant as she only deals in the public so even tho im public im being well looked after i cant fault the system so far at all and i dont mind the waiting at appts. Im back with her on the 1st of Feb so i will let you know what she says.

Will be interested to hear what she says. I hadn't even thought Bout the impact my lap would have on the delivery method. I had mine done about 6 months before conceiving. I told the consultant but he didn't seem bothered at the time.

I just read the section in the book again and it says if you have had uterine surgery the consultant may opt to deliver via c-section. Not sure having the lap involves uterine surgery.....I'll ask consultant her opinion and experience and see what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Oh dear Lord I had forgotten about these from last time but woke up in the middle of the night last night screaming with..... LEG CRAMP!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    Anyone else get these? They are AWFUL!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Yep the first time I got one I couldn't straighten out my leg or foot, husband had to do it for me ....agony :(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Thanks Nead... it's so painful and hard to explain unless you've had them. My OH thought I was having a heart attack or something!!
    I hear bananas and baths are good, a bath of bananas might be in order tonight! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Chuchu wrote: »
    Thanks Nead... it's so painful and hard to explain unless you've had them. My OH thought I was having a heart attack or something!!
    I hear bananas and baths are good, a bath of bananas might be in order tonight! :D

Lol I have a serious cravings for oranges lately, lidl do gorgeous big juicy ones, can't get enough of them so your fruit themed bath sounds lovely!!

oh they are a killer,I sometimes feel one coming on and doing light stretches eases them so it doesn't come full on,they haven't been as bad this time around thank god.....
    Same here Digs,can't get enough of fruit the last while especially oranges,strange we are both at the same stage and craving the same thing:)

oh they are a killer,I sometimes feel one coming on and doing light stretches eases them so it doesn't come full on,they haven't been as bad this time around thank god.....
    Same here Digs,can't get enough of fruit the last while especially oranges,strange we are both at the same stage and craving the same thing:)

No way that's so funny!! I suppose we could be craving worse things :) I am beginning to think there is something to be said about the old wives tales. I am a textbook example of someone pregnant with a girl if they are to be believed! Citrus cravings, covered in spots, morning sickness and a wide neat bump! People are killed telling me how tired I look (they say girls steal all your beauty haha) Although I am sure they are just a bit of fun really :)

I get the odd cramp at night but the restless leg is a killer, it's the most bizarre feeling!

Digs wrote: »
    No way that's so funny!! I suppose we could be craving worse things :) I am beginning to think there is something to be said about the old wives tales. I am a textbook example of someone pregnant with a girl if they are to be believed! Citrus cravings, covered in spots, morning sickness and a wide neat bump! People are killed telling me how tired I look (they say girls steal all your beauty haha) Although I am sure they are just a bit of fun really :)

I get the odd cramp at night but the restless leg is a killer, it's the most bizarre feeling!

Dito on everything,are you sure we are not the same person?-ha ha,maybe there is something in the old wives tale afterall about carrying girls:)

That is too funny MM. We are pregnancy twins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Meggysmom and digs I'm craving big juicy oranges constantly too! I'm at 29 weeks. However my doc tells me I'm having a boy so not sure bout the old wives tales!
    I was craving red onion for the first few months. Literally couldn't get enough of the stuff! Thankfully I passed that phase.

Getting pretty nervous as the weeks pass by now. I'm scared I'm gonna have to go through this without my hubby by my side now because he's switching jobs and will be on 3 month probationary period when it's baby popping time :( I can't imagine doing this without him and especially while he's on othe other side of the world...

Did anyone get the anti d injection? My husband is a negative and I'm a positive so I'm getting vaccinated this week. Really don't know enough about this stuff.

Also my doc mentioned I have a low positioned placenta. This is stressing me out quite a bit. Anyone else going through this?

Pinkheels ya poor thing, that's lousy bout your hubby! Hope you will have someone close to you with you if hubby has to be away?

I am Rhesus neg and in Ireland anyway it's only women who are neg need the injection as we can produce the antibodies that could affect subsequent pregnancies if baby is positive. Here if the woman is positive she doesn't need the injection regardless of the husbands blood type. Double check with your doc, I wouldn't be happy getting the injection unless absolutely necessary!

I had my 30 week hosp apt today. Have to say I love my consultant, Gerry Agnew, seriously nice man and for all people give out about the public system I have had 3 apts and have seen him each time. SPD is becoming unbearable, I moved in bed on sat night and heard a massive click and pain has seriously stepped up a notch ever since, can barely open the car door. He was brutally honest and said the only thing that will cure it is child birth, end of story. Physio can give good tips etc but generally doesn't help (and not to tell them I said this haha), I had come to that conclusion myself after my last physio apt though. It's nice when someone just tells it as it is, helps you kind of suck it up and get on with it! He said to request crutches though as they can make life a bit easier! I move from couch to bed nowadays, meggysmoms I don't know how you manage the toddler and SPD, hope you're coping ok!

He also got me to do the glucose intolerance test today. Apparently pcos is a risk factor, I hadn't a clue.

Pinkheels ya poor thing, that's lousy bout your hubby! Hope you will have someone close to you with you if hubby has to be away?

I am Rhesus neg and in Ireland anyway it's only women who are neg need the injection as we can produce the antibodies that could affect subsequent pregnancies if baby is positive. Here if the woman is positive she doesn't need the injection regardless of the husbands blood type. Double check with your doc, I wouldn't be happy getting the injection unless absolutely necessary!

I had my 30 week hosp apt today. Have to say I love my consultant, Gerry Agnew, seriously nice man and for all people give out about the public system I have had 3 apts and have seen him each time. SPD is becoming unbearable, I moved in bed on sat night and heard a massive click and pain has seriously stepped up a notch ever since, can barely open the car door. He was brutally honest and said the only thing that will cure it is child birth, end of story. Physio can give good tips etc but generally doesn't help (and not to tell them I said this haha), I had come to that conclusion myself after my last physio apt though. It's nice when someone just tells it as it is, helps you kind of suck it up and get on with it! He said to request crutches though as they can make life a bit easier! I move from couch to bed nowadays, meggysmoms I don't know how you manage the toddler and SPD, hope you're coping ok!

He also got me to do the glucose intolerance test today. Apparently pcos is a risk factor, I hadn't a clue.

I had my glucose test 2 weeks ago. I felt so nauseous after drinking the syrup!

Just noticed I wrote I was rhesus positive in my last post I meant the other way around! I was so angry because the doc I've been seeing all along never mentioned it to me. I read about it online! Just like he didn't mention if I have a low lying placenta it's not safe for me to fly!

I have my family back in Ireland. My mom will be with me if my hubby isn't but every time I think about being away from him through all this I start welling up! :(

I had my glucose test 2 weeks ago. I felt so nauseous after drinking the syrup!

Just noticed I wrote I was rhesus positive in my last post I meant the other way around! I was so angry because the doc I've been seeing all along never mentioned it to me. I read about it online! Just like he didn't mention if I have a low lying placenta it's not safe for me to fly!

I have my family back in Ireland. My mom will be with me if my hubby isn't but every time I think about being away from him through all this I start welling up! :(

Ya poor pet, take it easy on youself. I can only imagine how you're feeling, I would hate the thought of not having hubs with me. Will your Mum come out to you or are you coming home to have babs?

I can sympathise with the anger over the rhesus neg. But for I rang the hospital I'm attending to check on my bloods I wouldn't have found out until 24 weeks at my first apt. They say if you have a fall or a bleed to come in straight away for the shot but how would we have known to? Re the placenta, I have no experience myself but my friend had complete placenta praevia and was eventually sectioned as it's safer. I think they only become concerned at about 34-36 weeks and if placenta doesn't move by then you would possibly be sectioned. Has your doc mentioned this or has he been monitoring you with ultrasounds etc?

There is alot to be said for the comforts and familiarity of home. Sorry to hear you're feeling so rotten, I hope thinks start to look up :o

Pinkheels you poor thing :-(. You must feel so abandoned, by your doctor and then especially if your husband misses out. *hugs*.

Digs and MM, I can't even imagine the pain of spd :-(. I keep getting a cramp in my left leg and the pain woke me up again last night. Feels like someone is trying to snap my leg in half and now finding it difficult to put weight on it.

Doctors appointment today and back with consultant in 2weeks for 30week appointment....time is flying by. Was getting changed last night and caught sight of myself in the mirror and I swear my bump is growing by the day now!!

• Advertisement

Pinkheels I hope things improve for you,sorry you are having a rough time!The last trimester is really hard and emotional too without added stress!

I had my last physio on monday,not much they can do really just keep up the exercises at home,I have to say they do help and the ball is great.Although I still have bad days!She gave me some tips on avoiding the agony of the pelvic seperation,your suppose to tighten you pelvic musels and buttocks before say stepping into the shower or out of the car,now it's hard as you go about a busy day to remember to do this everytime!She showed me a skeleton of the pelvis and how all the musels around it work together which was interesting.I am very determined to work hard after this pregnancy to tighten everything up if only just for the bladder control!!!
    I have GP today and consultant on valentines day at 33 weeks so will really be on countdown then.Have nursary painted and things are starting to come together.My mother in law is taking a bag of washing for baby today as getting things dried in this weather is hard and as everything was stored for nearly 4 years it all had to come apart(bouncer covers) and that,washed,dried and ironed:)
    Got a nice pair of pjs for after delivery in mothercare with buttons down the front for breastfeeding.They are lovely and comfy and I will feel comfortable when visitors come that I am covered up mostly:)

Nead pain in any shape or form is seriously not fun in pregnancy, hope you are getting the few hours sleep in? Does it relate to the side baby is lying on do you think?

MM - my physio is all about the kegels, he was really firm about doing them and said I'd be thankful afterwards. I am only realising now how much we use the pelvic muscles in day to day life as they are giving me so much pain now. Like opening doors and getting in and out of the car.....tis mad but I have a new found respect for their role in our bodies :p

We have just had our bedroom and nursery drylined and plastered. Next stop is painting and floors down. I got a lovely wall decal of a tree with owls and animals from the US for babies room which will add a bit of colour as we are painting it cream. We are also in the middle of having our kitchen completely re done, never a dull one and the house is a tip, but will be nice to have the it all done and looking well given I will be home to enjoy it.

Anyone else suffering from continuous heartburn? The only thing that helps me is a cold glass of milk! This baby of mine is coming out with one serious head of hair!

yes pinkheels definitly got a lot worse this week and last,pouring gaviscon down my throat to avoid tasting it-ugh I hate it but works,got up twice last weeks during the night and was sick with heartburn....I was the same on previous pregnancy in final weeks,I had it all through labour which made me vomit a lot throughout,my daughter was a bit of a baldy though so I'm not sure about the old wives tale:)Had almost instant relief after delivery so just a few more weeks of buring to go:)

yes pinkheels definitly got a lot worse this week and last,pouring gaviscon down my throat to avoid tasting it-ugh I hate it but works,got up twice last weeks during the night and was sick with heartburn....I was the same on previous pregnancy in final weeks,I had it all through labour which made me vomit a lot throughout,my daughter was a bit of a baldy though so I'm not sure about the old wives tale:)Had almost instant relief after delivery so just a few more weeks of buring to go:)

Judging from my half Greek half Arab hubby, I'm pretty sure he's gonna have a thick mane! :o

aww how cute,we are both fair so i'm pretty sure we will have another baldy little girl:)...We were both doe eyed last night at this little new born on tv with a thick coat of black hair,so adorable:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My yoga teacher showed us a great pose for the pelvic muscles. Sit on the floor with some cushions under your bum. Bend your legs so your knees are out to the sides. Bring the soles of your feet together and try to relax your knees to the sides as you breathe out. Hope that makes sense! Anyway she said you're actually working the pelvic area while in that position.

I'm finding the orange rennie tablets great for heartburn. they taste like refresher sweets!

My yoga teacher showed us a great pose for the pelvic muscles. Sit on the floor with some cushions under your bum. Bend your legs so your knees are out to the sides. Bring the soles of your feet together and try to relax your knees to the sides as you breathe out. Hope that makes sense! Anyway she said you're actually working the pelvic area while in that position.

I'm finding the orange rennie tablets great for heartburn. they taste like refresher sweets!

Hi How Strange where did you pick up the orange rennie? they sound tasty im starting to get bad heartburn now at 32+ weeks, i was puking last night with it. I dont particularly like milk on its own and i haven't tried anything else as i imagine the gavisgone to taste vile but might try these orange rennie if i can get my hands on them.

Nead pain in any shape or form is seriously not fun in pregnancy, hope you are getting the few hours sleep in? Does it relate to the side baby is lying on do you think?

I don't know Digs. The baby in head down and has been since the start really. Last scan confirmed this and doctor said the same thing today....hopefully the baby stays like that now!! Asked my doctor about the leg cramps and he said that drinking the fortified milk can help them or taking some calcium.

I can't really complain though. It's not happening all the time and am sleeping better now than last week. I've also avoided the dreaded heartburn so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

elly123 I got it in a pharmacy. It's the best thing ever! I really hate gaviscon and find milk just isn't enough to stop the heartburn and reflux.

Advertisement