Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Sorry synster I have no experience there, I would hope if you made an apt to speak with someone they would go through your options? They have to help you out somehow I'm sure?

Holding - as you've been working are you not entitled to maternity benefit? Worth looking into aswell...

My fingers and toes have turned in bunches of bananas! It's actually quite painful. I've resigned my wedding ring and engagement ring to the drawer for fear I'd have to cut them off. Eternity ring is on for now but will have to give it up soon..... To be replaced by a barn brack style adjustable ring for the duration of this pregnancy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Holding you should qualify for maternity benefit or if not you should get job seekers benefit which is not means tested so it doesnt matter what your husband earn. Congrats on your wedding btw:-)

SS it's very harsh for you to be called into that meeting after such a short space of time. Try not to worry about it. You and baby comes first.

Was with consultant this morning. Baby is measuring 31-32 weeks (im 30weeks). Unfortunately this doesnt mean I'll go early and fingers are crossed that he/she wont be massive when born!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Thanks girls, I'll look into it. I didn't think I would be entitled to anything as I'm not in permanent employment. This current contract was 6 months, there was a break of a month before that, then a six month contract before that... not sure where I stand really but will get someone to go thru it with me in the SW office.

Thanx Nead :D

Girls I've been watching One Born Every Minute on 4 on Demand online, on the advice of a friend. Can highly recommend it! She said it was worth a million ante natal classes. I'm 4 eps in and already feel really informed. It's not as gory as I thought it would be - no gore at all really - and it is great at making scary procedures 'normal' if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Will look into my options next week after the meeting (wont have them say I didnt make an effort)
    as for Holding you should have some entitlements such as stamps you'v worked up you should get something. Also congrats on getting hitched and baby

holding wrote: »
    Girls I've been watching One Born Every Minute on 4 on Demand online, on the advice of a friend. Can highly recommend it! She said it was worth a million ante natal classes. I'm 4 eps in and already feel really informed. It's not as gory as I thought it would be - no gore at all really - and it is great at making scary procedures 'normal' if you know what I mean.

I literally just said to my husband last night I have not gotten my head around the fact that this baby will have to come out of me somehow. As in I know she's there and she kicks away like mad but my brain hasn't accepted that fact yet or processed it. I should prob start watching these programmes as a result!

I have started to put a few bits together for the hosp bag. On advice of my mums friend whos a midwife I got the BV mat pads from www.inhealth.ie
    2.99 for a pack of ten so got 5 packs (have no idea how many I'll need!!) in case any of ye are planning on buying :)

Also I have been rubbing coconut oil into my belly and it's great, they seem to go wild for it on alot of pregnancy websites. Some people swear by it for stretch marks of which I have none yet thankfully, possibly the oil is warding them off, plus it smells delicious!!

• Advertisement

P.s congrats on the wedding Holding, very exciting year for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

well girls it is getting close to bag packing time,i'm 33 weeks tomorrow,had consultant today who informed me baby has been breech all along and he was hoping she would have turned by now,but not to worry,He will scan me at 37 weeks and if she hasn't moved it's a section at 39 weeks-MOVE baby MOVE:(,Have any of you had any mention on position yet or so far?

Quick question, is it the liquid coconut oil or the hard stuff that's a bit like a bar of soap?

My little guy has had his head facing downwards and his feet up towards my bust since 28 weeks. They did say that he could still move around, and might not stay in that position though. I'm 30 weeks atm.

Quick question, is it the liquid coconut oil or the hard stuff that's a bit like a bar of soap?

It kind of comes solid and melts with heat :)

Been breech all along too mm. Consultant not concerned until 36 weeks.

• Advertisement

thanks girls,need to relax and not stress about it,what will be will be,in the meantime I will do the all fours thing and pelvic tilts and hope for the best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    thanks girls,need to relax and not stress about it,what will be will be,in the meantime I will do the all fours thing and pelvic tilts and hope for the best:)

Hi mm, delighted things are going along nicely for you. Was sorry to read you'd been unwell recently.... Not easy with a little one at home. Have you a birthing ball to bounce or exercise on to try and coax the baby around from breech?

Thanks Yellowhen,i'm almost better,antibiotics have been extended until wednesday as my chest is slow at clearing up but midwife assured me it's going around and her patients are finding it hard to beat and a longer dose of antibiotic is nessasary!!
    I have been on my ball and doing pelvic tilts for weeks now as part of my physio,I have been continuing with them and also walking and rocking back and forth on all fours,consultant suggested putting frozen peas on top of my belly and then going on all fours and maybe the cold on baby's head will coax her out of position.I will try all safe and natural ideas at home and hope for the best:)I could be joining you in the march club if not,section will be 28-30th(an easter baby) of march if she is stubborn and stays in place:)
    Well we have a xmas girl so why not an easter one also:)I'm getting my head around it slowly and will be a major bonus if she turns:)

So I'm clearly nesting. Up since half 8 baking scones, then performed an epic clean of the kitchen and now I have hubby painting it!

Was with consultant last week and he told me that baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead. To my disappointment this doesn't mean I'll go early, and to my relief it doesn't mean I'll have a massive baby at birth :-)

Nead you are welcome to come nest over at my place, you would be in heaven ;) dying to get this kitchen done, have a list of things I want to bake, scones included! My mum dropped some home made brown bread down earlier.... Nom nom nom!

My friend has measured 4 weeks ahead :O on her little boy since her 20 week scan and is now currently (unhappily) a week overdue! Her first boy measured big too and she went 2 weeks over so you are right in saying measuring big def does not mean going early, would Prob be a dangerous mindset to get into as the last weeks could drag then! My baba was measuring bang on last week anyway, now all she needs to do is flip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Back in Ireland with the hubby! He's on holidays til march 5th when he needs to go back to start his new job but at least I have him with me now. The 8 hour + flight was nightmarish. Didn't get a wink of sleep! And then add the drive down from Dublin... Yuck.
    Nice to be back home with the fam. Until baby arrives I see myself being very bored though!
    Hubby wants to visit his friend in wales for a few days while he's here. I want to go with him too seeing as I won't see him for 3 months + :(
    I'm 32 weeks now, I feel grand to travel. It's not a long flight of course! Just gonna check with the doc today.

Welcome home pinkheels! Enjoy the time off with hubs :)

Pinkheels I feel for you, I had to take a 5 hour flight there the other week and it was a nightmare. I was on inside window seat, my legs were so restless and crampy, and I couldn't get out to the loo that much without disturbing the other people. Could not wait to land.

Girls how is everyone doing. I'm 32 weeks today, couldn't get a 32 week appt til next week though as they are so busy. The appts are coming thick and fast now! The GP the week after that. Am finding it difficult to bend over or move - like tying my shoelaces and getting in and out of the bath are becoming really hard to do! I think it will be slip on shoes and showers only for the next few weeks. I was saying to OH today that if I'm ever pregnant again, I'll time it so that the last couple of months are spent in summer, where I can just wear flip flops and a big floor length kaftan or something!

Girls how is everyone doing. I'm 32 weeks today, couldn't get a 32 week appt til next week though as they are so busy. The appts are coming thick and fast now! The GP the week after that. Am finding it difficult to bend over or move - like tying my shoelaces and getting in and out of the bath are becoming really hard to do! I think it will be slip on shoes and showers only for the next few weeks. I was saying to OH today that if I'm ever pregnant again, I'll time it so that the last couple of months are spent in summer, where I can just wear flip flops and a big floor length kaftan or something!

I'm 34 weeks this week had gp appointment last week! Got the clinic next week see if baby is still a week ahead. DH has to help me in and out of the bath and even puts on my socks for me! It really ain't easy to say the least! Roll on the next 6 weeks

• Advertisement

Yep at 32weeks things are definitely getting harder now. Bending is harder and had to get my husband to tie my laces yesterday.

Holding I was just saying I'd love some spring weather to wear some pumps instead of boots/shoes. I've also grown out of my winter coat so would love to get into some jackets. I'm sick of layering up my maternity tops to keep warm.

I have an all day antenatal class tomorrow and then my 32week appointment with consultant on Wednesday.

Time is flying girls,34+3 today and feeling every bit,lots of low pressure and hard to walk,Couldn't put my boots on this morning and gave up and put on pumps-frozen feet on way to school:(...the next few weeks will be busy,have breastfeeding class tomorrow and gp this week,then aneasthetic consultation next week and consultant following week when a plan of action will be decided,depending on babies position....
    Heartburn is just desperate,all weekend I got very little relief,nothing seemed to work,slighly better today:)
    Did any of you go to the breastfeeding class?

MM I have a breastfeeding class March 15th in the hospital.

Not been to breastfeeding class yet. I have an app on my phone and it's rather good it had 6 min video with great tips on bf and covered all the ups and downs and how to get around certain problems! It said things I never knew about. Will be seen by the woman over the bf at the hospital I'll be attending she's ment to be fantastic and doesn't give up or discourage you

MM, I have my name down for a breast feeding clinic, but I don't know when it takes place yet. Waiting on midwife to tell me at next apt I guess. I find that Gaviscon liquid keeps the heartburn at bay for about 2 hours, and then I have to take it again. It's a real pain isn't it. I find as well that if I get it at night, then sleeping while propped right up on pillows helps, like I'm sitting up in bed. Will not be sorry to see the back of the heartburn!

34 weeks wed here! Am so done with heartburn too, I got up last night at 1am and down to the couch, gaviscon just doesn't touch it for me anymore. I seem to be constantly bunged up in the tummy with indigestion etc, baby's movements are really strong and fast lately so am assuming she's having a great time pushing everything upwards. Have any of ye felt hiccups? My lady gets them a lot lately, makes me giggle :)

Back with consultant in two weeks, just hope she's moved into the right position by then. Trying Accupuncture at the end of this week but what will be will be!

Am in desperate need of new clothes but with just 6 weeks (hopefully) to go it seems like a waste of money! A friend of mine is two weeks overdue and is being induced tomo. She measured 4 weeks ahead all along... Poor thing is huge!! Am dying to get a squeeze of her baba :)

Digs wrote: »
    34 weeks wed here! Am so done with heartburn too, I got up last night at 1am and down to the couch, gaviscon just doesn't touch it for me anymore. I seem to be constantly bunged up in the tummy with indigestion etc, baby's movements are really strong and fast lately so am assuming she's having a great time pushing everything upwards. Have any of ye felt hiccups? My lady gets them a lot lately, makes me giggle :)

Back with consultant in two weeks, just hope she's moved into the right position by then. Trying Accupuncture at the end of this week but what will be will be!

Am in desperate need of new clothes but with just 6 weeks (hopefully) to go it seems like a waste of money! A friend of mine is two weeks overdue and is being induced tomo. She measured 4 weeks ahead all along... Poor thing is huge!! Am dying to get a squeeze of her baba :)

Oh yeah the hiccups at least 4 or 5 times a day can even watch the belly bounce with each one it's very funny!! My cousin is a week over due and she is massive and so narky so everyone is staying well clear! She's like that when not pregnant but so much worse now. Wish I was due now too iv another cousin due in 2 weeks time again I feel left out! The one that's over due is weeks ahead too on the measurements

Hiccups here too with belly bouncing. :)

Lucky I don't have the dreaded heartburn, only getting touches of it now and again so nothing like you poor ladies are experiencing. Anyone getting pain in their pubic bone? This only started yesterday really.

I get sudden jolt like pains but I think it's baby's head hitting low down! Get plenty of pressure baby's head is down and feet are always kicking the ribs

• Advertisement

I didn't breastfeed 1st time around and am pretty clueless so i think the 2 hour class tomorrow will fill me in a bit,
    I hear you on the gaviscon,it worked up until now,saturday night was pretty bad after a feed of spicy fajhitas....walked the house for an hour drinking milk and burping,chugging gaviscon!!!Got back into bed propped by 6 pillows and managed to fall back to sleep,all signs we are nearing the end I guess:)-oh and no more spicy food from now on-bland I think all the way:(
    I have also had the dreaded pubic pain come back today,makes it hard to walk but has improved throughout the day:)
    I went to see a friend last night whose baby is 3 weeks old,he arrived 3 weeks early at 5lbs 10 oz and now weighs 8 lbs but he's oh so small:)You just forget how tiny they are at the start and so cute:)Also her waters broke while she was asleep in bed at night at 37+2,she had no warning,no pain,discomfort or nothing and it's her 1st so it hit me from here on out anything can happen!!!

Advertisement