Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

I'm 35 weeks... I thought the morning sickness would be over by now :( I was thinking the last few days how lucky I was that I was sleeping the whole night through and not tossing and turning anymore. I slept about 5 hours last night and woke up with tummy pains, next thing I know I'm getting sick! Now wide awake since 6am...

Also have the baby's name narrowed down to 2 names! Going back and forth in my mind between the two constantly. Hubby won't be there for delivery so he says I should decide when I see the baby! I thought naming my puppy was hard! :o I have the added annoyance factor that both names that we've chosen are Arabic and I know my family will turn their noses up at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I got my scan for next Friday so least now I know when and I'm not waiting on that part but seemingly another week for the results to come in. What a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

The waiting is absolutely the worst part, Synyster Shadow, at least once you actually know, you can deal with it one way or another. Friday isn't too long to go. Do you have some thing to distract yourself with until then?

Pinkheels we picked the name out at 16 weeks I think and have been using it since! Really early I know. I hope he comes out looking like the name we picked now!

At the moment I don't but I will have to find somethin! I was lookin up recipes for muffins and cakes and stuff so I'll go with all that I could prob sell it all by time I'm finished. I'll prob only eat a tiny bit in the end but I used to love baking

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Glad you got your scan SS,the wait must be terrible though,I love baking too when I get a chance to myself,it can be a real de-stresser!

My friend who is a midwife in a different hospital than I attend called this morning and did a little external exam of tummy,and sure enough all the movement is just all the limbs at the front,still head up and butt down,but she commented on nice size bump and baby feels good size so i'm happy with that,will see what thursday brings,hope you new moms to be will get pampered or a nice lunch on sunday:)

• Advertisement

Most defo hubby cooking and got my favorite dessert too :-) yummy!! He gets to be a dad for fathers day. I get to be a mum to be for mothers day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Happy Mothers Day to all the mammys and the soon-to-be mammys like myself.

Hubby treated me to blueberry pancakes this morning Yum :-)

Yummy!!! I just can't wait for dinner and dessert black forest gateaux how I do love it!

Happy mothers or mother to be day to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hope ye all had lovely weekends girls. I had a really lovely one. Hubby surprised me with a night away Saturday in a spa hotel, then brought me to what I thought was lunch with my mum in my fav restaurant on Sunday which was actually a surprise baby shower. Talk about complete shock! The thought of a shower never crossed my mind, didn't think they'd caught on here yet! Was really lovely although its unsettling the people closest to you can plan something so big behind your back for months without you suspecting a thing haha! I def have everything for baba now, will be the best dressed girl in town :)

Baby is super active today, having a party in there and I am wrecked, typical! Back to hospital tomorrow to see if she's turned and check up. Girls we're getting so close, cannot believe it.

Aw Digs what a lovely weekend!! OH talked to me about celebrating the day but I thought it was better to wait til next year. Visited my own mum instead, and she got to feel the baby move for the first time (after months of her trying! I don't know why he always stopped moving when she came near lol). So she was delighted :D

• Advertisement

I agree Holding, if someone had asked me did I want a shower I would have said no but that's the beauty of a surprise, friends and family wouldn't let me away with it, and I really really enjoyed it! Hubby scored major brownie points with the night away, just what the doctor ordered, he really is an absolute pet. I felt like a bit of a fraud yest as I have no baby yet but they even have mammy to be mothers day cards now, Hallmark think of everything :P

I would have loved to plonk myself on the couch with my mum and a movie yest, so nice your Mum got to feel baba, it's so exciting!

Is anyone feeling less and less mobile with each passing day?! It is a major thing for me to get up now from a lying down position or from picking something up from the floor say. And turning over at night sounds like the biggest operation ever, I'm like a car doing a five point turn!

Oh yeah I even had hubby laugh when I was walking back to the car where he was sitting and I asked why he was laughing he said your very pregnant today I was walking like a duck. If I drop somethin on the floor it really has to stay there and hubby helps me up from the couch or chair and bed. Crazy to think I could do so much up until now and then it's all gone I'm helpless

Was thinking the same thing this morning Holding!! Major effort needed now to get up from lying down or even sitting sometimes. Worst of all i feel like i've gotten really clumsy so everything is dropping out of my hands :-( Doesn't help that i am totally exhausted and could have happily stayed in bed all weekend.

Only 6weeks to go now...kinda scary how little time is left. Only 4 weeks left in work and they're all short :-)

We are all in the same boat girls,feeling very big,the last month is hard,i remember the 8 days i went overdue last time feeling like a month....Don't think this will happen this time though,back at hospital thursday to find out what plan is,looking like i have 3 weeks left as it stands although i'm not sure they schedule sections at easter weekend whch is when i'm 39 weeks!!
    Had a lovely mothers day,another few things ticked off the list,got hair done,eyebrows waxed and a lovely family lunch:)
    Digs your suprise shower sounds lovely,i had one in the states 1st time around and I really enjoyed it,also you get to make shopping list beforehand so you get everything you need,it's a nice idea which seems to be coming more popular here:)
    I second turning in bed,it's so hard and takes forever when all i want to do is sleep!!

MM I think I remember one of the girls from a thread around Christmas being told she might be brought in for induction Christmas Day so you may well go in Easter weekend! Very exciting, it's so close!

I also feel every syllable of the term heavily pregnant. Feel like a hippo. Whether baby is still breech or not she def hasn't dropped as my breathing is still bad, freaks my husband out esp at night. Enjoyment of food is also a thing of the past between nausea and there just being no room! Can't wait to enjoy a glass of vino and a curry again :D

Oh my god do not mention wine, I miss it so much, am DYING for a glass! :D

I'm the same and I thought when baby comes ill have one not thinkin bout breastfeeding so now I know it will be longer to wait for that glass

Don't forget soft cheeses and oh god a runny egg to dip toast in!! First thing i'm having when i get home from hospital.

Had GP appointment this afternoon. Everything good and head is still down but not engaged. He said he wouldnt expect this for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

SS you can have a drink or two or even (go crazy!) three when you breastfeed. I used to feed my son just before having a drink so the alcohol would've left my system by the time he wanted to feed again which was around 2.5hours.

At the very beginning I could only have one drink and it went straight to my head but after a few weeks I could have one or two with dinner.

Btw beer is supposed to be good for milk supply!! So there's a good reason to have a cold beer in the evening!

• Advertisement

How strange we were told this at our breastfeeding class,pretty much everything in moderation and also feed baby 1st and then have a glass which was good to hear....

Digs I think you have your appointment today,let me know how things go,good luck,hope baby has moved for you:)
    I'm starting to get anxious about thursday,I know baby is still breech and by thursday I will be 36+6 so I have a feeling I will get date for c section,although I have prepared myself mentally as much as possible,i fear when it is actually confirmed I may get a little freaked out,I know i'm feeling emotional the last few days as D day gets closer so maybe it's just that....I keep reminding myself of how much I can't wait to meet our new little girl and the feeling we had when meeting our 1st,it calms me down:)

MM thanks for thinking of me! Happy days mini digs flipped herself, am just thrilled and am giving her lots of belly rubs to say thanks :) . Tried moxibustion last week and last night and had a niggling feeling last night she'd turned as I have the horrible stabbing pains in the cervix/lowdown area and still this morning! OH commented my belly looked different last night although i couldnt see what he was on about so he's chuffed with himself for seeing it! If your little one hasn't moved by Thurs looking on the bright side you'll get to meet her very soon :) will keep my fingers crossed for you, that all works out!!

I didn't get to see my regular consultant today which I was a bit upset with. It was a woman and I think I was in there for all of two minutes. Took bp, and then mini scan for position and told me to come back at 38 weeks - talk about revolving door! I know I'm being completely precious but have a case of the weepies the last few days and been feeling weak, nauseous and short of breath so was just looking for reassurance and she was having none of it, didn't ask me how I was so I didn't bother asking any questions, was a bit uncomfortable. Really like my usual guy too as he has a good long chat and a bit of a giggle with you, puts you at ease. Hey ho, that's how it goes I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yeah for flipping baby digs!!!!

Thanks DL! Between moxi and the tips you gave me she headed south :D

Anyone else get a weak feeling in there heart nearly feeling of sick in your chest? Hard to describe it really but baby doesn't kick during these episodes and when baby starts kicking again the feeling goes. I'm worried blood pressure is goin down and up or somethin. Due for doctors visit tomorrow so gonna mention it just wonder if it's normal

Yeah:-) ,great news digs,delighted for you,did you actually feel the flip happen?
    It can be so annoying to wait 4 weeks for an appointment and then be treated like a number on a list,hopefully you will meet your own guy on all your next visits,

As,i get very breathless now and have a racing heart at times but it passes,I'm not sure if that's similar,but I'm sure doc tomorrow can reassure you:-)

Funnily enough I had been commenting on how active she was the past few days and how strong the movements were. The way she was moving reminded me of myself trying to turn over on the couch, all elbows and knees, so maybe she was trying to right herself!

Last hospital apt was 6 weeks ago at 30 weeks so felt a bit rushed alright, although holles street was insanely busy today so I'm prob better of out of it. From 38 weeks the apts are weekly... (I think) so hopefully ill get to see him from then.

MM I'm sure the excitement with your daughter looking forward to her new sister is unreal. Imagine you might have your little one before the month is out!

Im delighted for you Digs...super news :-) You must be so thrilled.

Thanks Nead I am really relieved :) between that and finally getting my hospital bags sorted and packed today I think I will sleep well tonight :)

• Advertisement

Thrilled for you Digs!

Advertisement