Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    had a little chuckle there as knowing my track record baby will stay in way past again,it's just so unpredictable really,i've started on the red raspberry leaf tea and bouncing on ball as much as possible,I'm so ready to see her little face,it is by far the most amazing thing in the world to see there little face for the 1st time,i feel very blessed that we get to experience that all over again:)

Counting the days is a little shocking though,it has gone by so fast but I am ready to not be pregnant anymore and move to the next phase-breastfeeding:)

Sounds like your little lady could appear sooner than expected mm!!! Will be keeping a close eye on you and digs going off the radar!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Yellow hen sorry for butting in I am due June but do hav look at all threads! I am hoping breast feed and scared i won't be able! Do u still hav long cluster feeds and from when do u think u can express so can give odd feed from bottle?
    Would u buy pump before baby or wait and see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Have also started on rasberry leaf tea...drinking one as i type :-)

I have no idea why but for last few weeks or months i have had this feeling im going to go early. Ive nothing at all to base this on, just a feeling. I think ive dropped a bit and sorry if tmi, but there been a bit of a change in the discharge....not sure if that means anything??

BH are getting very intense lately...huge pressure.

MM, sounds like you're hitting the last lap..
    Easter baby maybe!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

lynda18 wrote: »
    Yellow hen sorry for butting in I am due June but do hav look at all threads! I am hoping breast feed and scared i won't be able! Do u still hav long cluster feeds and from when do u think u can express so can give odd feed from bottle?
    Would u buy pump before baby or wait and see?

Hi Lynda, I'm absolutely no expert and until 2 weeks ago was exactly like you!! I tried breastfeeding and sound it painful for the first 3 days. I also was exhausted as my baby wanted to constantly feed and I couldn't cope with it. The lactation consultant in the coombe came to me and helped me get the latch right which relieved the pain. Now two weeks on, I actually just take it in my stride. It's sore for the first 30seconds when he latches on but easy after that. He had been cluster feeding but that is already spreading itself out now. Definitely give it a go, don't put any pressure on yourself though. My feeling always was that if I was finding it too difficult and stressful, it wasn't worth it as I couldn't enjoy our new baby.

Re pump, I wouldn't buy one as you mightn't even want to express. I expressed in the first week as our baby was starving and it gave me a break. He took to the bottle no bother so I'm glad I did. I decided to hire a Medea pump which the coombe used. It was €95 for the month and we worth the money in my opinion. Your hospital will probably advise you on this.

Best of luck with everything! Remember just do what feels right for you!!!!

Was with consultant this morning and everything was fine. He said baby's head is already really low. Wasnt even going to mention about the change in my discharge until hubby said it. He then asked me about having pains so told him about bad BH contractions. So had my first internal and got a shock when he said that my cervix has shortened and softened. Im now in hospital under observation for 24hours as consultant was afraid that if i went into labour it might be very quick.

Im a bit shocked and trying my best to remain calm. Hubby has just gone home to get bags on case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Nead21 wrote: »
    Was with consultant this morning and everything was fine. He said baby's head is already really low. Wasnt even going to mention about the change in my discharge until hubby said it. He then asked me about having pains so told him about bad BH contractions. So had my first internal and got a shock when he said that my cervix has shortened and softened. Im now in hospital under observation for 24hours as consultant was afraid that if i went into labour it might be very quick.

Im a bit shocked and trying my best to remain calm. Hubby has just gone home to get bags on case.

Wow I'd prob be anxious but think at same time I'd love to think I'm near done. How many weeks you got left??

Im 35weeks but baby is measuring 36+4. Was a bit worried but midwives seem happy that baby is a good size and weight. If nothing happens between now and tomorrow i should be sent home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Omg Nead good luck!! Great baby is a good size, hope you both are doing well. You are in the best place so think happy thoughts, you could be the first April mum :)

Am 37 weeks today so technically full term and quietly happy for baby to come anytime now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Best of luck Nead,baby is a great size,interesting to hear your consultants view on cm change and pains,i'm bet you are glad he did the check now,i don't reckon many would at 35 weeks:)keep us posted and rest up:)

Digs wrote: »
    Omg Nead good luck!! Great baby is a good size, hope you both are doing well. You are in the best place so think happy thoughts, you could be the first April mum :)

Am 37 weeks today so technically full term and quietly happy for baby to come anytime now :)

Second that digs,37+5 and any minute now would suit just fine,on my way to gp:)

• Advertisement

Well if midwife thinks baby is at good weight you should breath easy! I'm 37 weeks today and I too would love to go. I'm gettin more pressure than ever since last night and BH fingers crossed body is gettin ready and baby too

Id say so SS i was getting loads of pressure and getting really sore last week so it must have been due to baby moving down.

this baby may feel free to move down and out at any point now :P

would you like to have it all done and dusted or would you rather get home for another few weeks?

this baby may feel free to move down and out at any point now :P

would you like to have it all done and dusted or would you rather get home for another few weeks?

Im kinda in two minds. In one way id like to go into labour and have it all done. But on the other hand i wouldnt mind having another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Nead, just read this, the very best of luck!

Im kinda in two minds. In one way id like to go into labour and have it all done. But on the other hand i wouldnt mind having another couple of weeks.

Yeah I'm anxious of the whole labour part but the outcome is what I'm lookin forward to I'm at the stage the pain is worth gettin under way

I get to go home this morning. Im not allowed go back to work and have to take it easy. If i have more pains like i did last night ive to ring hospital/consultant and they may bring me in again.

That's good nead,rest up now and baby will be here soon,enjoy the free time:)

Glad to hear alls ok Nead!

MM hope GP went well yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

I'm 36+6 today! Time is starting to slip by fairly quick isn't it?! My sleep has become very broken this week. I'll wake up at like 5am and be lying awake for like 2 hours before I can force myself back to sleep. I guess this is mother nature's way of preparing me for what's to come.
    Also pelvic pain has started, ESP at night. Like sharp jabbing pains you know where that come and go.

• Advertisement

Very sore last 2days. Bump feels like it has done a workout from all the tightness and contracting. If im already 1cm dilated and cervix has shortened and softened ...maybe i wont have long to wait?? So uncomfortable compared to last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Very sore last 2days. Bump feels like it has done a workout from all the tightness and contracting. If im already 1cm dilated and cervix has shortened and softened ...maybe i wont have long to wait?? So uncomfortable compared to last week.

Excuse genuine ignorance - if ur dilating are U not in labour? I'm clueless as had section last time!

dublinlady wrote: »

Excuse genuine ignorance - if ur dilating are U not in labour? I'm clueless as had section last time!

I dont know...as far as i know i need regular and strong contractions in order to progress further.

Nead did your doc give you any opinion? I remember asking my consultant at 30 week apt about checks etc as I'd been reading about them online (mostly American posters) and he said they don't do them unless you're in "active" labour as women can be walking around 1-2cm dilated for weeks and it means nothing. Don't know bout your cervix shortening etc this might be another factor? Hopefully baba will hang on until they're ready, these last few weeks are torture though, I wish pregnancy tests came with a little note to tell you when baby would be here, just over 2 weeks to due date I can just about take, it's the 4 weeks until overdue induction date that freaks me.

My husband as a "joke" brought me home one of those extendable hand things old people use to pick up stuff. Jokes on him, best present ever. I had gotten to the stage if I dropped something I looked at it, whimpered or cried depending on what it was and walked away or if it was food called the dog.

Consultant said that because the cervix has shortened and softened he thinks that once i actually start to go into labour it could be quite fast. Because i had a small show and some contractions i was brought in last to be observed. I this all means ill go soon. Im very ready now especially haven been in hospital and having to finish work...bring it on ha!

I hear you on the picking up things Digs it's just cruel when something falls.

You've lots of signs, that's great!! A reasonably swift labour is a nice prospect too :) apart from BH and back ache the last 2-3 days I gots nothing!! I'm having loads of discharge too but have done all along so can't say that's a sign :(

My sister in law sent me the link below, a study on women who ate dates in the last weeks of pregnancy showed 96% went into spontaneous labour compared to 79% of women who didn't eat them. I know I'm always suggesting these mad old wives tales but my goal is to try and avoid induction so I'll try anything. Have been eating 6 dates a day for the last few days. Could be a complete load of rubbish but the fibre won't do me any harm! I believe alot of Arabic women swear by it. Husband thinks I'm mad, you ladies will prob agree :D

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21280989/

Constant Braxton hicks all last night now again today but no sign of the real thing. Iv had enough practice I want the real thing now!!!

So ready for baby now 2 and half weeks is too long if I don't go over that is. Both my cousins have given birth I feel left out now

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Guys what do BH really feel like? I get cramps, and backache like I have my period, but I can't tell if it's the 'might be something I ate' type cramps (digestivey, like), or something pregnancy related.

There're when your bump goes really hard and you feel pressure. Mine have gone from varying degrees of just feeling a bit uncomfortable when it happens to feeling like they are very intense and sore, and stopping me in my tracks.

Id say keep an eye on yourself and if you're worried contact hospital or GP.

• Advertisement

Yea there noticeable at best of times. And like nead mine are upping there game. Think I'll start all the old wives tales this week to try and coax baby out :-)

If your unsure of the cramps I'd at least ring your GP and they may want to to come in to get examined

Advertisement