Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Nead did you ever get the tens machine? It can be used after 36 weeks for strong braxton hicks. I ordered mine this morning from inhealth, they emailed me a discount code EASTER for 10% off so I took it as a sign :) should have it tomo.

Holding the pains I have sound more like yours. Mine don't stop me in my tracks, although the lightening does. I have increasing back ache and pains down my side and front. Nothing regular though, don't think this baby is going anywhere soon! Back in hospital tomo, I'm sure to be told baby is comfy and see you back next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

No didnt get TENS yet, although maybe i should now!

Increased aches and pains too, especially down low. Bags are fully packed now, although after last week i'm confused that i wont actually know i'm in labour, if that makes any sense? I hope i get a clear sign, like waters breaking when the time happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Digs I'm in clinic tomorrow too I'm praying I get some good news all my pains are low and a bit leaky (tmi) at the same time I hope to go by week 40 at latest

SS hope you get some good news, it's not nice being uncomfortable! I just have to err on the side of pessimism and train myself to think baby will be overdue or I will drive myself demented. Any earlier and it will be a bonus. I have the 12th April in my head for some reason! I was fantasising last night about being able to turn over in bed again.....sad.

Nead I know how you feel and I haven't had any of the practise you have so can only imagine. I've read numerous times you "just know" but not sure I believe that!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Thanks girls. So hard to know. There are so many different aches and pains and movements, that I've no idea what's going on at the best of times!

Digs, totally hear you on the fantasizing about turning over in bed easily, sleeping on my front etc. Can't wait to do those again!

• Advertisement

Three times in a week I dreamt baby was here then got woke up to baby kicking me and realised nope still not here. Dreams are so real at the moment though I could cry at times. Hubby wants baby here now every Braxton hicks I have its like YES! But then I go no where has to be as hard for the dad's too in a way. Every night the last week he's slept with hand on my belly falls asleep to baby moving round!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We were told in our ante natal class last time around if you're asking if it's a Braxton hicks or a labour contraction then you're not in labour. You'll definitely know if you're in labour especially on the first.

A clear sign is an increase in the intensity of the contractions (you'll know to breath through them) and the space between them getting shorter. If they're 5-7 minutes apart you need to think about going to the hospital especially if you live a good drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hi girls,well not much happening here either,11 days to due and apart from a major burst of energy and cleaning frenzy,i haven't had much of anything else,no major BH or cramping the last few days,baby has long periods of quiet time also which i'm told happens towards the end as they have more longer sleep patterns just like new borns-which is usually during the day,she will always move once I sit down so it hasn't caused any worry.
    I have docs on thurs,i will be 38+6 so will probably asked to be checked and go from there,Doc had mentioned early on that because I had clicky hips as a new born and I'm having a girl,they are more likely to inherit it if they stay to long past due date in cramped uterus,so I guess we will know more on Thursday whether or not he recommends induction at due.we are all nearly there now and i'm sure like me you will all be very happy to go any time from now on:)

Had the clinic today and she said I may go early and that baby should be 7 lb or so full term.
    I'm now on the couch I lost all energy when I was in the clinic and blood pressure is up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

@meggysmom sounds like you're in that "nesting phase" with all your energy to clean! Labour mustn't be far off! :)

I STILL can't get my head around the fact it's almost April and this is all about to happen really soon! I'm due April 12th. My 25th bday is on the 20th, I wonder does baby plan on being my birthday twin?!

• Advertisement

Pink heels I'm the same, cannot get my head around it. Visited my friend and her gorgeous 4 week old baba today and while I was holding him I just couldn't believe I would have my own shortly. It's a surreal feeling!

Hosp apt went grand, glad to be outta there. Consultant said pains, lightening crotch and back ache all good signs. Told him to shush and not get my hopes up, he laughed.

MM my babs is same, she was creating a racket Sunday, yest and today she's been v quite. Not enough to worry me, a bit of a poke and she pokes back :P

Had my midwives clinic today. They think the baby is a bit big for his size, so I have to go back to them next week instead of going to the GP. I already had the diabetes test in Feb, and was fine, but if he is bigger again next week, they'll redo it. Midwife said not to worry at all, but am a bit worried now that this may mean a C section? Anyway, everything else is grand with him, the trainee midwife said that there were no reasons to worry unless he was less active than he is, and he's super active! So that's ok :)

holding don't worry too much about the size until they scan you. I was told by the midwife that the baby was measuring 3 weeks ahead but when I was scanned the baby was the size it should be. I've had two scans since then and have been told each time that the baby is fine size wise and is in the 50th centile.

Thanks How Strange, the midwife did say that they might scan me on Tuesday next to make sure. I think I'm also just realizing how soon things are going to happen, and how unprepared I am! :)

holding insist they scan you preferably in the ultrasound dept so they can do all the necessary measurements.

In my opinion, and because I was pestered about big babies on my son (who was a modest 7lb) and this time around too, it's ridiculous to add to a mothers stress if they aren't going to use the available technology to find out for sure.

Thanks How Strange, will do. There is a thing at the Rotunda at the moment anyway where they are offering very late scans for some study or other. I might pop in to the study office tomorrow and ask about it, get proactive etc :)

I have been told for last couple of weeks that baby is measuring 2wks ahead but at appointment yesterday i was told baby is measuring 35wks?? Im trying to take it with a pinch of salt as i know they cant really tell the size, but it still has me a bit worried that baby has stopped growing.

Hope your scan goes well on tues Holding and they re able to tell you a bit more.

Im feeling very uneasy the last 2days...like butterflies in my tummy and my legs are really aching :-(

On the plus side...only a couple more days till its our month!!

I've 4 weeks to my due date but the baby seems to have dropped a bit since yesterday. The bump is definitely lower and I'm feeling the pressure deep down. Sometimes it takes my breath away and its more intense than before.

Can't believe it's now 4 weeks to go!!!

Nead I have the achey legs too and uneasy feeling, my oh had a brainwave and gave me a hot water bottle to put between my legs, pure heaven.

Very nauseous the last few days and was vomiting last night, was a relief really. My mum was sayin she remembers feeling like that towards the end.

My WTE app switched to 1 week 6 days til due date today, can't believe it's so close but very welcome. I am feeling so uncomfortable and very weepy. Night time is horrible, my SPD had calmed for a while but is unreal now.

Nead don't stress yourself too much, if baby moves into a different position rf stretches out your belly can measure differently. I have measured about a week behind all along but I'm tall at 5ft7 so doc said plenty of room for her to hide.

Hope everyone is well. Holding good luck tues, you get a good look at babs before the big event :)

My spd is cruel since baby's head has dropped right down walking the last few days is killing me. But with all the Braxton hicks and nausea I was told I could go any day now so I'm hoping it's true.

I stupidly said to hubby the other day on the topic of waters breaking I said it will prob be somewhere like a church even though we have no reason in the next two weeks until I got a txt the next mornin sayin my friends dad had passed now I gotta go to the church. Ever get a bad feeling? Last time I comment on anything like that again.

• Advertisement

Pelvic pain has hit me today! Feeling really achy in bed and when I'm walking around. I'm 37wks 6 days. My GP keeps telling me first time moms often are overdue. I can't imagine another 4 wks of this!!

Digs ive been doing that too with the hot water bottle ha! God the relief is great.

SS you may stay at the back of the church!! :-)

Oh iv my place worked out in the church right beside door which is beside toilet and exit. I live a minutes walk from church but gonna drive me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Oh girls the last few weeks are painful,I was full sure something was happening last night,had consultant this morn,did scan and sweep,nothing happening down there yet,no dilation,all that pain and lightening crotch and Nada,ah well,maybe sweep will start something,if not I am booked for induction the morning of April 8th so the end is near.......totally exhausted today,up most of the night with false labour,started around 8pm and ended at 3am
    ,it was uncomfortable but just not painful enough,it didn't convince me it was the real thing which was confirmed this morn.....

Sorry you had a bad night MM but yay you have an end date woo hoo!! What I'd give for a date :D hope you have a better night tonight

Oh wow MM just over 1week to go, if you dont go yourself before then :-)

Woken up at 4.30am by bad stomach cramps. I haven't really had BH before maybe it's that? I'm 38wks1 day today. I've had bad pelvic pain for 3 days now but this is definitely cramping in my tummy.
    Hope I can get back to sleep!! I'm not sure I'm ready for an Easter bunny baby!

pinkheels88, the early contractions are period like cramps so it could be the start for you!!! Try get as much rest as possible, eat well and do some exercise like walking and bouncing on your ball.

However they could stop and start for a day or two so it doesn't necessarily mean anything until the intensity and regularity both increase.

You'll be in no doubt when they become full labour contractions and start timing them if you're getting them regularly.

On your first you should go to hospital when they're 5-7 mins apart.

Good luck!!

Pinkheels how are you feeling now? Are you still getting pains?

• Advertisement

Nead21 wrote: »
    Pinkheels how are you feeling now? Are you still getting pains?

Nope they stopped after that incident early this morning. The pelvic pain is still there though. Whenever I've felt the baby move today the first thought is "oh no it's starting again!"
    If it was just BH I'm afraid now I've a crap pain threshold because it was pretty sore. I've a tattoo on my ribs I thought I was made of stronger stuff lol!

Advertisement