Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Oh no dont be worrying. Ive never been woken up by BH and even being in hospital when they were intense i could sleep, so you probably werent having BH. Id say its closer to prelabour pains or something.

Hope you're getting lots of rest now and you're not as sore :-)

Is anybody else extremely cold all the time? People keep telling about feeling warmer when pregnant but so far ive not experienced any of this extra heat. If anything i feels like the baby is stealing all of my heat!! I was in tears today when i got home cause i just cant keep warm :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Pinkheels hope you're feeling better! Had a funny day myself yesterday, awful pains last night but I think it was her head baring down again. Had alot of painful movement too and had convinced myself she was flipping breech or something but I think at this stage in the game I'm just being paranoid.

Nead I am the opposite, at night anyway. Wake up sweating :eek: between that and the drooling I am literally a hot mess.

The "any baby yet" texts have started...... still 10days to due date people, give me a chance. My Mum is getting phonecalls too!! My husbands 5yr old niece informed me today she is tired of waiting for the baby and could she be here for Easter :p

I am bouncing on my ball, drinking raspberry tea, eating dates and walking as much as the spd will let me to beat the band. Baby Digs your days in my tum are numbered ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I can't tolerate the cold then like a light switch I turn hot all of a sudden then cold again! As for night time I drool so so bad and wake myself up all annoyed I drooled again! I never do this it's awful I usually breath through my nose with mouth shut.

Went to a white collar boxing charity event this evenin and everyone just barged through me. Hubby gave out to one cause they really hit into me just as I was having BH!!! If we weren't there to support the lads I wouldn have gone at all!! Shins hurt from standing. I can't believe how rude people are with pregnant women

Happy April, April mums!! Cant believe our month is finally here :-)

Quiet April so far :) I'm just back from hospital, I swear that place gets busier by the week. All fine, plenty of fluid around baby still, in the right position yadi yada! Had a student doctor in too poking about, lovely fella but odd to have two men poking and prodding you!

Have had two days of on off period like cramping and back pain, feels like I'm actually getting my period, forgot what it felt like!

Don't think baby is going anywhere she is far too comfy :( back to holles street same time next week :(

Hope the rest of ye are good. Meggysmom you must be on a countdown ya lucky duck!

• Advertisement

Digs im getting the same period type pain on and off. I was also thinking id forgotten what this felt like! Back for appt on fri so hopefully there some movement.

I feel like ive gotten bigger in the last week :O

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hi all and happy april to all expectant moms,not much to report here,Digs I feel the same,period like cramping and have episodes of Braxton hicks in the eve but they ease off with rest,don't think this baby is going anywhere anytime soon so looking like induction on Monday,i have to say the days are flying and i'm getting butterflies in my stomach thinking of whats to come,I was induced with my daughter and had a great experience,suits the monica side of me,all planned and that so fingers crossed this time will be the same....not long now girls,just double checked the bag there as feels like so long ago I packed it,forgot what was in it,was reading march thread and bought infacol drops at supermarket today,so all set now:)Hope you are all well.

MM I didn't know about infacol, thanks for the tip will look into it! You will have your baba this time next week, can you believe it!!!

Nead I hear ya, I am shuffling about with all the grace of a baby elephant. My tummy is ginormous.

I hope we won't need them but better to have them in the house and be prepared,they could be the difference to having a few hours sleep some night or none at all so I feel better knowing they are in the press if need be:)

A week till due date and I'm so ready now!!! Period like cramps that come and go and BH in evenings and sometimes at night when I wake a few times but nothing lasting so still waiting. But baby should be here around 20th at latest if I go over! I really hope I don't I want my baby home

• Advertisement

also bought the vitamin D drops,never used them before,no need in the California sun with my daughter but they recommend them here from birth,a drop in the mouth daily,hopefully summer will be good to us and we will all get some much needed sun although babies at least up to 6 months should not be in direct sunlight ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Was in for routine midwife clinic at 37 weeks today & they admitted me with high blood pressure & a possible induction tomorrow!!! Trying not to freak out. Feeling pretty unprepared as wasn't due til 22nd & really thought I'd have more of a chance to read about labour techniques etc. Spent last hour reading up on induction and hyper tension tho & feel a lot better about the whole thing now with some understanding of it all. Wow just goes to show uou never know what is around the corner.

Oh Holding very best of luck. Try not to worry and go with the flow. You re in the best place now and just think you could have your little bundle in your arms soon :-)

Oh Holding very best of luck. Try not to worry and go with the flow. You re in the best place now and just think you could have your little bundle in your arms soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Best of luck Holding. Just think that you'll be cuddling your baby even sooner than you thought.

Holding good luck, you will do great!!! 37 weeks baby is good to go. Baba cuddles for you tomorrow, so exciting :) let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Awww best of luck holding!!

holding wrote: »
    Was in for routine midwife clinic at 37 weeks today & they admitted me with high blood pressure & a possible induction tomorrow!!! Trying not to freak out. Feeling pretty unprepared as wasn't due til 22nd & really thought I'd have more of a chance to read about labour techniques etc. Spent last hour reading up on induction and hyper tension tho & feel a lot better about the whole thing now with some understanding of it all. Wow just goes to show uou never know what is around the corner.

Best of luck holding,hope blood pressure behaves,37 weeks is great,u get to meet your baby a little earlier,try rest as much as you possibly can tonight:-)

Thanks so much girls. They won't decide on whether to induce until the morning, but am getting the feeling that they are determined to evict this little boy sooner rather than later. Will try to go with flow, it's not what I expected at all but will have to roll with things now I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Best of luck Holding! I can only imagine how you're feeling. Soon you'll have your little one with you :)

I have my 38 wk check up tomorrow at the hospital. I wish they could give me some idea of when he's coming!

Anyone else experiencing heavy breathing lately? This past week I feel like I'm breathing so heavy esp in bed.

Baby's been super active lately too which contradicts what my baby books/apps have been telling me about a slowing down in baby's movements.

• Advertisement

Can't sleep either pinkheels?! I am regretting my 3hr evening nap :(

I was with my consultant earlier and he (as he always goes) commented I was pale. I tried telling him its my natural colour but he insisted on me getting bloods done to check my iron levels. When I was shuffling off the bed doing my usual huffing and puffing he asked was I short of breath, I said yes I have been for weeks an didn't mention it as I thought it was normal, he said while it can be it can also indicate low iron. In fairness my husband has been commenting on it for ages. Maybe mention it at your appointment tomorrow?

My babs the same, she has quieter periods much more often but is still super active, kicks and rolls can be really sore!

They are treating me with beta blockers to bring the bp down, and keeping me in another night. So no induction today! Am a little relieved and a little disappointed - I'm not sure which!

They are treating me with beta blockers to bring the bp down, and keeping me in another night. So no induction today! Am a little relieved and a little disappointed - I'm not sure which!

Ah holding I'd be disappointed too! I'm sure you had yourself psyched up. Hope you're not too fed up in there.

I felt the exact same when i was in hospital. It's hard to process whats happening as it happened so quickly.

Keep positive and at 37wks, your baby is term. Everything will go well for you and babs:-)

Hope your feeling better holding,its hard being in hospital when pregnant if not to have baby,you are both in the right place,not long left:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Hope all is well holding and with you other April mommies!
    I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow! I've had bad cramps this morning again from about 6am.
    I had my hospital check up yest. Blood pressure was normal, baby's heartbeat is good and he's hanging out on the westside of my tummy waiting for his exit!
    Doc said the heavy breathing thing was because of baby and uterus talking up all the space inside there. He also said the hospital will allow me to go ten days over before they would intervene,
    C'mon spontaneous labour!!

I was 39 weeks yesterday and I was sure last night I was gonna go in last night. I had strong pressure low down and back hurt the pressure near got to pain after couple hours it stopped so I went to bed and nothin since! Very depressing!! I don't want 10 days over grrr

Hi all,hope you are all well,i'm 2 days to due date today and 4 until induction,crazy,along with this has come terrible insomnia,I will go to bed and be wrecked about 1030pm,wake then about 230pm and the mind races,could be 2-3 hours before I go back to somewhat broken sleep,my little one has been off preschool this week due to hols so not getting the nap during the day either,i am a wreck but full of adrenaline at the same time,hope I can catch some better zzzz's in the next few days or over the weekend when daddys around to prepare for birth,Back at the doc today,but i'm sure it will be just routine,feeling well otherwise,period cramps and Braxton hicks the norm-oh and baby dropped,big space between boobs and belly and I look noticeably smaller-she's getting ready:)

meggysmom wrote: »
    Hi all,hope you are all well,i'm 2 days to due date today and 4 until induction,crazy,along with this has come terrible insomnia,I will go to bed and be wrecked about 1030pm,wake then about 230pm and the mind races,could be 2-3 hours before I go back to somewhat broken sleep,my little one has been off preschool this week due to hols so not getting the nap during the day either,i am a wreck but full of adrenaline at the same time,hope I can catch some better zzzz's in the next few days or over the weekend when daddys around to prepare for birth,Back at the doc today,but i'm sure it will be just routine,feeling well otherwise,period cramps and Braxton hicks the norm-oh and baby dropped,big space between boobs and belly and I look noticeably smaller-she's getting ready:)

+1 on the sleeping MM!! It's so frustrating lying there knowing I should be sleeping but can't, think I dropped off at 4am this morning :(! 4 days, jeepers!! The end is in sight :) haven't a clue myself, just taking it a day at a time, baby will come when she's ready I suppose!

Holding hope you're ok today??

• Advertisement

Just back from appointment and baby is engaged so im delighted. Ive also been getting strong period like pains for last hour...im clearly watching everything ha.

I went to a La Leche coffee morning yesterday and it was lovely to meet other mums and the leaders. They offered good advice and it's nice to know i can ring them if im having difficulty feeding.

Holding you've gone all quiet....hope all is well with you and babs.

Advertisement