Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 April2013

Hey,
    Had Hcg blood tests Wednesday and Friday of last week. Thankfully the results have doubled so I'm cautiously joining the thread. I'm nearly 5 weeks by my dates. I will be going through the high risk clinic in CUMH as I have a couple of underlying issues. Been a bit of a stressful first week but hopefully it'll be worth it all in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Rang the hospital today after putting it off for a week (to decide whether to go private or public - going public in the end) and they said they would post my app to me by letter. Hope it arrives soon! Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

welcome to the newbies on this thread,how is everyone doing?I'm 8 weeks today and have my 1st scan on saturday(can't wait):)I have been feeling much better,still nauseous throughout the day but not as bad as week 5 and 6.Food is my best friend,I usually don't eat bread but it's the best thing to keep away the nausea but the bad side affect of that is i've put on 3-4 lbs the same as with my last pregnancy at 8 weeks.I hear anywhere from 0-5 lbs is normal for the 1st trimester so I need to keep an eye on that.I still find myself dreaming of bed from about 4pm onwards and boobs have gone from a b cup to a c cup....Anyone have stabbing pains in breasts-ouch!!The ache of round ligament pain has disapeared this week but still getting the odd stab when I get up to quick or move suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi to all new peeps in April 2013!

I'm feeling phantom preggers today! Thankfully the cramps have died down a bit but not feeling sick or anything today? God the paranoia of the first few months is awful!

Re. weight just thought I'd let you know last time around I NEVER got weighed at appointments, the doc said she would only consider it necessary if is was visibly an issue i.e. the person was WAY under or over weight, she said it was just another thing that she thought pregnant women should not be stressed over! I like her style :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭corkgirl17

Hope everyone is doing well!! So far I've been feeling fine, been getting headaches and the odd dizzy spell but other than that I can't complain.. I'm very lucky but I'm still nervous cos I associate symptoms with everything going well so my lack of them worries me!!

Roll on Friday for my scan, put my mind at rest for now!!

• Advertisement

holding wrote: »
    Rang the hospital today after putting it off for a week (to decide whether to go private or public - going public in the end) and they said they would post my app to me by letter. Hope it arrives soon! Can't wait.

It came this morning! That was crazy fast. Roll on October now, as that's when my first scan is! Can't WAIT :D

Glad to hear the nausea has eased up Meggysmom. I'm still finding it difficult - going to google some 'cures' for it tonight. I heard ginger tea is good - going to try buying it in bulk at the 24 hour Tesco tonight I think!

I have the ligamenty pain thing too when I move suddenly. It makes me grab my tummy in reaction, and then I'm sure people guess that I'm pregnant. I hope not, as it's too early for everyone to know.

Tomorrow is officially 8 weeks/ 2 months for me!

PS if anyone is looking for a pregnancy app, I have been finding Baby Bump (I think is the name) excellent. Great pictures, and tip-of-the-day function.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Kilkenny68

I hope everyone is well? Ginger Tea is now officially my very best friend, i do not leave home without it, it has made a huge difference...... I am also wearing "accustrap" on my wrists, these are for travel sickness but google says they help with morning sickness too, i tried both accustrap & ginger tea on the same day and every day since, i am unsure which one is actually working but why change a winning formula!!! Im keeping both! Im drinking ginger & lemon tea, very drinkable! Hope this helps.......

Kilkenny68 wrote: »
    I hope everyone is well? Ginger Tea is now officially my very best friend, i do not leave home without it, it has made a huge difference...... I am also wearing "accustrap" on my wrists, these are for travel sickness but google says they help with morning sickness too, i tried both accustrap & ginger tea on the same day and every day since, i am unsure which one is actually working but why change a winning formula!!! Im keeping both! Im drinking ginger & lemon tea, very drinkable! Hope this helps.......

Definitely going to try this. This morning sickness malarkey feels like a massive hangover, all the freaking time. Getting really sick of feeling like crap, especially in work every day /glum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hi girls

Nice to see everyone's updates! A few scans coming up very exciting :) am wishing I hadn't had mine already (never happy!!)

I feel like I have the flu the last two days, my body is aching....don't know if it's exhaustion or what but all I do is sleep, work is impossible, I work with mostly men and they are terrified of me, am not able for any messing at all lately! I'll apologise when Im able to tell them the reason haha

Anyone else skin a mess? I made it 27 years without getting spots and bam they are popping up on my chin, chest and back!! Skin is dry blotchy and flaky in places to, I look very attractive :D

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Hi girls

Nice to see everyone's updates! A few scans coming up very exciting :) am wishing I hadn't had mine already (never happy!!)

I feel like I have the flu the last two days, my body is aching....don't know if it's exhaustion or what but all I do is sleep, work is impossible, I work with mostly men and they are terrified of me, am not able for any messing at all lately! I'll apologise when Im able to tell them the reason haha

Anyone else skin a mess? I made it 27 years without getting spots and bam they are popping up on my chin, chest and back!! Skin is dry blotchy and flaky in places to, I look very attractive :D
    Hey digs, yes my skin isn't the greatest at the moment, gotten a good few spots, sore ones that start under the skin.. Very annoying.. Looking forward to the glow we're supposed to get!!

Yes bring on the glow corkgirl, and not the red glow I'm sporting now haha

hey girls,just a quick update,had my scan today,baby is looking great.We saw heartbeat and yolk sac and tiny little arms,one of which kinda gave a wave-very sweet,we are thrilled:)time to relax now...my due date has moved which I was suspecting,i'm a little further along at 8 weeks and 5 days today,due date april 8th:)

Ah congrats Meggysmom you must be thrilled and relieved. I'm really anxious about that first scan, can't come quick enough but I've another 2 weeks to go. enjoy the rest of the weekend, nice to be able to relax a bit more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    hey girls,just a quick update,had my scan today,baby is looking great.We saw heartbeat and yolk sac and tiny little arms,one of which kinda gave a wave-very sweet,we are thrilled:)time to relax now...my due date has moved which I was suspecting,i'm a little further along at 8 weeks and 5 days today,due date april 8th:)

Delighted to hear it meggysmom. It is such a relief isn't it? I sometimes feel so normal and like the old me that I think I'm going find out I'm not pregnant and it was all a mistake! Makes it real to see something on a screen. Have you told your little one yet?

Meggysmom, that's great, delighted that you saw the little wave, that sounds fantastic! Mine feels like years away (Oct) :/

Aww that's great meggysmom..
    My scan didn't go well, they couldn't find anything in the sac so I must go back in a week to confirm its gone.. It was awful, wasn't a huge shock cos for some reason I expected it.. Very upsetting though, but we'll try again as soon as we can..

Oh god corkgirl that's awful... Are they sure? Did you have any symptoms that made you feel like that might have been the case? You poor thing I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Sending thoughts and hugs your way...

thanks girls,we haven't told our little one yet,we will wait until the scan at 12 weeks at the hospital,she's 3 and half and 9 months is such a long time for her to get her head around it all,i have a couple of books with stories about new babies put away,i'm not too worried,she would really love a sibling:)

Corkgirl I'm so sorry to hear that,it must be devastating to get that news.My thoughts are with you!

Thanks girls, started bleeding today so I'm glad I don't have to wait the week to get it confirmed.. Had visitors for the weekend, wasn't great timing but it kept me occupied and I had a few glasses of wine seeing as I was able to!!
    Will ring the hospital once they leave and see what I need to do next..

Chuchu, didn't have much symptoms, think that's why I was a bit nervous.. Thought I was too lucky to escape nearly all the unpleasantness..

• Advertisement

Corkgirl I am so sorry to hear that, that must have been horrible to find out. Sending you hugs and I hope you feel better soon

Meggysmom glad everything went well yesterday and hope you enjoyed the day out :)

Oh Corkgirl that's awful... at least like you said a few glasses of wine can be had and might try to relax you... God with visitors on top of it all, you must be wrecked not only physically but emotionally. Hang in there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Kilkenny68

So sorry to hear your news Corkgirl........ X

Oh Corkgirl that's just awful, really upset for you here. Can't imagine what you're going through. Fingers crossed that your next try goes well. Awful stuff, big hugs from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

just marking my spot!! Im nine weeks today and Im due the 10th of April :)

Congratulations Synester! Hope you're not feeling too bad with morning sickness/ tiredness.

The sickness is starting to go for the second time fingers crossed it wont come back again :) as for tiredness come 3pm I'm wreaked :( but can only get better

Hi girls

Hope everyone is well?

I was talking to my friend who is pregnant with her second and has gone to Holles street both times and it turns out they don't scan you at the 13 week booking apt. Trying to decide whether to wait it out until the big scan at 20weeks or book another private one!!

I am feeling ok lately, ms is now dry heaving for about ten mins after I get up and subsides after I have my breakfast!! Appetite is definitely coming back!! Boobies are just huge now, definitely will be going bra shopping this weekend!! Most embarressingly though, this week I seem to be suffering from copious amounts of gas, pretty embarressing when you work in an office situation!!:o:o

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Hi girls

Hope everyone is well?

I was talking to my friend who is pregnant with her second and has gone to Holles street both times and it turns out they don't scan you at the 13 week booking apt. Trying to decide whether to wait it out until the big scan at 20weeks or book another private one!!

I am feeling ok lately, ms is now dry heaving for about ten mins after I get up and subsides after I have my breakfast!! Appetite is definitely coming back!! Boobies are just huge now, definitely will be going bra shopping this weekend!! Most embarressingly though, this week I seem to be suffering from copious amounts of gas, pretty embarressing when you work in an office situation!!:o:o

I really thought I was the only one with the gas problem... as for bra shopping I needed that at 6 weeks they didnt get big until now but all my bra's were snug and made them more sore than they were so I went for comfort

Advertisement