Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good place for spectacles?

• 24-07-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I've had a look around lately and I'm having trouble finding anything interesting. A lot of them have hundreds but they're all just variations on the wide rectangular look that been in for the last 10 years. Was looking for somewhere with a bit more variety. Maybe some rounder ones that don't make me look like I'm into steampunk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

try zennioptical.com if you need prescription specs - really cheap and lots of variety - just need your prescription from your optician and then carefully measure a pair of glasses that fit you well.

For clear specs or sunglasses this site has a good variety - http://www.giantvintage.com/,

My friend bought a pair from there recently with the intention to bring them to an opticians to get fitted with lenses - not sure if you could do that with all styles though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Yeah I meant prescription. I wouldn't buy something like glasses online because I'd want to try them on. When you wear them 24/7 don't wanna get stuck with a pair you don't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

You don't mention your budget or your taste (besides non-steampunk?), but my dream specs would be Cutler and Goss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Yeah I meant prescription. I wouldn't buy something like glasses online because I'd want to try them on. When you wear them 24/7 don't wanna get stuck with a pair you don't like.

I've been buying mine from zennioptical for a few years now - I was lucky though and found a pair that really suited me. They cost $12 - I just can't find anything as good in an opticians and randomly get people coming up to me in the street telling me they like my glasses. I've rebought them a few times.

So its worth a shot - I generally buy three pairs for < $50 and if I get one pair I really like Im happy with that and donate the others to the charity box in specsavers for children in Africa.

Advertisement