Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speed up your ban??

• 24-07-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

see QPR are sending barton out on loan for start of the season to speed up his 12 game ban. apparently he's off to macclesfield town league 2 i think its them anyway think hes meant to be training wit them.

but back to my point, they'll play 12 league games faster than QPR will in the prem league. so lets say they get thru 12 games halfway thru sept give or take so that means ban is over and straight back to QPR when they prob will only have played maybe 8 games by then.

clever so and so's QPR

wonder what scheme other teams will come up wit to get by bans or fines or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

see QPR are sending barton out on loan for start of the season to speed up his 12 game ban. apparently he's off to macclesfield town league 2 i think its them anyway think hes meant to be training wit them.

but back to my point, they'll play 12 league games faster than QPR will in the prem league. so lets say they get thru 12 games halfway thru sept give or take so that means ban is over and straight back to QPR when they prob will only have played maybe 8 games by then.

clever so and so's QPR

wonder what scheme other teams will come up wit to get by bans or fines or whatever.

No, I don't think so.

He is training with Fleetwood Town because QPR wouldn't bring him on tour due to his idiocy against Man City at the end of the season.

He reckons the experience will get him back in touch with the real reason he plays football, passion.
    There’s been a lot of interest regarding me training with Fleetwood, it wasn’t something that I was so bothered to talk about and I’m surprised by the level of interest, naive of me maybe.

The simple fact is that on top of my much deserved punishment by the FA and then of course QPR, I’ve also been omitted from the senior QPR squad that are now out in Asia, which is of course even more gutting than the original punishment. I respect that Mark Hughes makes his own decisions of course, and fair play to him for doing what he believes is right.

QPR want me to train with the young guys and the reserves in the meantime. The possibility of a loan move has been mentioned, where there’s been interest from several European clubs and a lot of Championship clubs too, as you may expect.
    So, why would I train with Fleetwood?

I have become a little disenchanted with the game in the last 6 months after what I have put myself through and I desperately want to fall back in love with the game. I feel that training in the lower leagues will give me a reality check and maybe help me become a better person, a little more humility will serve me well. The lower leagues is where the hunger for the game is at its greatest, at least where players are concerned.

I want to re-ignite that passion for the game, something that I ordinarily have an abundance of. No monetary bull****. No media bollocks (though apparently there still is!). No prima donnas. Just pure, old school, mortgage/livelihoods on the line, balls-out football.

It’ll help me appreciate all that the Premier league offers me now and in the future.

What else can I do? Work hard, fall back in love with the game and keep my fingers crossed that I can once again earn my place in a QPR shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

just saw it on sky sports news i knew i got the team wrong but yeah thats what they reported, they want to loan him out to speed up his ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Hopefully it's with a view to a permanent move.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I presume as a true method actor of the game he'll be taking a 94% wage cut and hiring bailiffs to come around and threaten his missus with eviction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I presume as a true method actor of the game he'll be taking a 94% wage cut and hiring bailiffs to come around and threaten his missus with eviction.

That would still be a pretty decent wedge!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Neil3030 wrote: »
    That would still be a pretty decent wedge!!

Actually yeah, it would be a very nice pay packet come to think of it!

Advertisement