Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

components in my check-in luggage

Options
  • 24-07-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm in the U.S. atm and the prices of computer parts over here are much cheaper than at home.

I want to get a few parts for building my first pc and bring them home with me in my check-in luggage.

The only problem is I'm not sure whether a) I'm gonna get charged import tax and b) the parts (not fully sure but probably just a cpu and gpu) will get damaged by x-rays etc. when put on the plane. :confused:

Anyone know whether or not its worth it or is there a high chance the stuff will get damaged or in the end I'll be paying the same amount if I get hit with import tax??? Also will there be hassle with the airline/security due to having electronics i.e. suspicious looking device in my bag?:confused:

Thanks!!

Comments

Advertisement