Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy maternity clothes?

Options
  • 24-07-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies can you recommend a few places that do nice maternity clothes?
    I know:
    • H&M
    • New Look
    • Dorothy Perkins
    • Asos.com (have a small maternity section although i like to try jeans on before hand)
    These shops do them, anybody know of a few more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

the misus bought all hers off e-bay from china for pennies..... if you want i could get her to reccomend a user she dealt with?? pm me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I did not know PEnneys did.

Top Shop
    M & S
    Mothercare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Next (only stocked in some stores but you can buy online).

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Oooops you are right Moonbeam, penneys dont, i was thinking in my head at the time that i must go into penneys and get a few longer t-shirts and i ended up typing it obviously. :rolleyes:

Thanks thats great, i was looking at some online like asos and H&M and its very hard to get size 10/12. Whether they re-order there stock frequently i dont know but i thought i was hard to find my size in stock in stuff i liked.

Thanks everybody. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

Benetton, but they are a bit hit and miss with some of their stuff.

• Advertisement

Princessa wrote: »
    Oooops you are right Moonbeam, penneys dont, i was thinking in my head at the time that i must go into penneys and get a few longer t-shirts and i ended up typing it obviously. :rolleyes:

Vero Moda do a very long vest & t-shirt (both short & long sleeves) in every colour under the sun. I think it's the Only brand so it might be in other stores aside from Vero Moda (e.g. Born). I've lived in the these vests/long-sleeves tops, they still go well down over my bump which is rapidly expanding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Excited

Princessa wrote: »
    Hi ladies can you recommend a few places that do nice maternity clothes?
    I know:
    • H&M
    • New Look
    • Dorothy Perkins
    • Asos.com (have a small maternity section although i like to try jeans on before hand)
    These shops do them, anybody know of a few more?

Choice is quite limited Princessa alright!! Got bits from Dorothy Perk & Asos on-line. Also got jeans in Debenhams. Choice is limited but at least you can try them on in advance!

Found another on-line co good .. 'Elora'. Think I saw that they're based in Wicklow. Had no probs returning and receiving a refund for a top that I didn't like, which is always reassuring when buying on-line! Fairly decent choices and reasonably priced.

Think M&S have a maternity section but I haven't looked there myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    the misus bought all hers off e-bay from china for pennies..... if you want i could get her to reccomend a user she dealt with?? pm me

sorry just informed me it was baby clothes she got sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Could you PM me the seller for the baby clothes and i have a nosey FANTAPANTS?

I will look up the elora website thanks.

They actually have nice jeans on the next website and h&m have really nice tops.

Thanks so all the tips everybody. Il keep ye posted if i find anything else nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

I'M finding it very hard to find a pair of skinny maternity jeans, size 12/14 None in Newlook, H&M, or DP and they cost €90 in TopS! Considering I am 5 months I dont see the point in spending that much for 4 months. I got a pair of black ones in New look, so comfy!! I need to try on first so online doesn't suit as in some places size 12 in maternity is grand,, but in other places I have to go to 14. Anyone find anywhere else to recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Have you tried Next or Debenhams?

http://bit.ly/PibZED
    http://bit.ly/Pq3gzy

scrgirl wrote: »
    I'M finding it very hard to find a pair of skinny maternity jeans, size 12/14 None in Newlook, H&M, or DP and they cost €90 in TopS! Considering I am 5 months I dont see the point in spending that much for 4 months. I got a pair of black ones in New look, so comfy!! I need to try on first so online doesn't suit as in some places size 12 in maternity is grand,, but in other places I have to go to 14. Anyone find anywhere else to recommend?

I got a loavely pair Mamalicious brand for 45Euro, they were new stock about 2 months ago. If you google Mamalicious i'm sure you'll find stockists, i got them in a boutique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

I found the next maternity jeans great, I have two pairs, they're nearing the end of their second pregnancy of use and they weren't expensive.

I've bought just about everything I like from either Next or H & M, still needed some work appropriate stuff to see me through the next 4 weeks (last pregnancy was during winter and it's been too warm lately to wear a lot of my favourite pieces from then). I tried every maternity shop in Dundrum SC yesterday after work and was horrified by how unflattering and ugly most of the clothes were. In the end I bought "normal" tops from Monsoon and Pamela Scott which work over 8 month old bump (with enough room to spare for the next 4-6 weeks) and I'll wear again.

I really can't understand the design of some of the maternity dresses in particular. They hang straight down from the bump and hit just below the knee. So you've got no knees and suddenly skinny legs peeking out of what looks most like a circus tent, only in the most disgusting colour choices imaginable. Ok looking face on (if you're colourblind) but from the side just horrific.

Advertisement