Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Payback!!

• 24-07-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

So Hershey was neutered yesterday and while he was up in the vets I spent the day cleaning and washing floors and just making the place nice! :) When he came home he had the cone of shame on which he was not happy about and he was mooching about the place bumping the cone into everything! After about 20 mins back in the apartment he managed to bang ( numerous times, I might add) into the little table and knock a glass of orange juice over. Glass smashed, orange juice everywhere including on him and me in a panic trying to get him out of disaster zone without him cutting his feet or me cutting mine. :eek: I reckon it was Payback from him as he seemed quite pleased with himself as he watched me clean it all up! :rolleyes:

So what I was wondering is does anyone else have any stories where they think it was total pet payback for something they weren't happy about! :) Or pictures they're good too!! :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My story, the same I put on your other thread yesterday :P

When my cats came home after being neutered we let them out and put their bed by the fire expecting them to be cold and groggy... the 2 of them climbed to the top of the christmas tree and batted off all the decorations! We actually had a somewhat similar situation to you, they broke a glass ornament and then we had to run around in a panic making sure no paws or feet got cut :rolleyes:

Aww they were so small back then!!

24997_379423393902_4734936_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Seb_bixby wrote: »

So what I was wondering is does anyone else have any stories where they think it was total pet payback for something they weren't happy about! :) Or pictures they're good too!! :D:D:D

When my cat was neutered 12 years ago she came home with a cone on her.

I set her up nice and comfy in her own room, with the litter tray in the bathroom, food, water, everything to keep a kitty happy.

She climbed out the bathroom window, which she had never attempted before, and shimmied down the side of the house between a drain and the side wall. Then she sat on the back wall, obviously woozy with her stitches on display and her cone making it very difficult for her to move properly. Everytime I went to get her she'd move just out of reach so I ended up sitting in the back garden for hours to keep an eye on her.

She was totally tame and never had any issues with being approached so it must have been because she was feeling out of sorts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Seb_bixby wrote: »

Many moons ago, I decided to head off to the pub for a few drinkies, leaving my Manipulating fecker Westie home alone.
    I had a large box of Milk Tray safely hidden on top of the bookcase. It seems, however, that he is SpiderWestie, super hero and expert climber :cool:.
    When I got home, I was faced with a brown-bearded Westie sitting there with a big grin on his face.. kinda like the nun in Father Ted who helped herself to the big easter egg during Lent.
    Now, this might not seem like such a big deal, these things happen. But I had been REALLY looking forward to those chocs, I really love chocolate. There's only one type of choc I absolutely despise, and that's the bloody Turkish Delight ones.
    On closer inspection, it turned out that not all the Milk Tray had been eaten. There was one left sitting in the middle of the mess. Closer examination revealed it to be, you've guessed it, the bloody Turkish Delight.
    And the little fecker had sucked all the chocolate off it before leaving it there to get my hopes up. It appears he has the same taste in chocolate as I do:o

Oh. And he ended up vomiting the lot back up an hour or two later. Of course I had panicked and called the vet, fearing that he'd die of choc poisoning, but I was assured that the worst that would happen would be a sick tummy from all the sugar, Milk Tray containing next to no theobromine.
    So, to add insult to injury, I got to clean up all that chocolate-flavoured puke too.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

It's not really payback, but she looks very smug after she does it...I reckon she just hates the sweeping brush.

My dog follows me around as I sweep hanging around behind me and following at a distance. As soon as I leave my little dust pile unattended for two seconds to reach for the dustpan, she walks through it. EVERY TIME! I could literally move 2 meters away and she'd do it! It is definitely not an accident and she is definitely pretending to look apologetic, but there's a distinct smugness about her too! Little feck :mad: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My boy loves to chase mops and brooms! Speciality is waiting until I've just washed the floor, (preferably when it's wet out! :D) then the little darling demands to go out. He then walks all over the clean floor with his muddy paws. He makes sure I'm watching him do it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

My boy loves to chase mops and brooms! Speciality is waiting until I've just washed the floor, (preferably when it's wet out! :D) then the little darling demands to go out. He then walks all over the clean floor with his muddy paws. He makes sure I'm watching him do it too!

Haha that reminds me- my little madam quite enjoys the fuss after coming in out of the rain- we make her sit, put a big fluffy towel around her and she gives each paw one by one for us to dry off with the towel. She got into a really annoying habit a while back I had to nip in the bud- she'd be dried as normal, then demand to go out the back again. Stand in the rain for 5 seconds. Come back in and have paws dried- and then repeat until I snap. :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

As soon as I leave my little dust pile unattended for two seconds to reach for the dustpan, she walks through it. EVERY TIME!

I feel your pain. I have three here who do it, I think they take turns. They've probably drawn up a roster over a cup of tea and a box of Milk Tray :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

My dog had eaten something of mine, I can't remember what, but I gave out to her so it must have been important enough.
    Later on when I went to bed and put on my nightdress I could feel wet against my skin.
    Horrified I had to repull a stinky , urine soaked nighty off me and discovered the little minx had also peed on my bed!

I always reckon it was payback for shouting at her !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

As soon as I leave my little dust pile unattended for two seconds to reach for the dustpan, she walks through it

My cats do a version of this... when the pile is left unattended, they eat it. :rolleyes: Saves me sweeping it up I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yep, my cats like to investigate the little pile to make sure there isn't anything yummy they've missed. Little feline hoovers, is not like they've known hunger since they were strays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

I'm loving these stories!! :D Really laughed hard at some of them!
    Hershey likes to skid through the dirty pile dragging as much as possible with him! Usually while chasing the sweeping brush! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

when my yorkie was a puppy, got him groomed, dont think he likes it very much(hates water, cant get him out the door when its raining:o), anyway his hair was fairly long and he got a puppy cut, then when i brought him home he was rolling around outside, didnt really mind much as it was on grass wasnt mucky, so he comes into the kitchen and he had a neighbours cat poo all over the side of him:mad:

and he loved me even more when i hosed him down outside:D, then washed him, and then later that day washed him again cause he still smelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

What about pet payback on another pet?

The other evening I gave the dogs - Henry and Jess - a pigs ear each. After a few minutes of happy chomping Henry managed to get his stuck around his lower jaw and came over to me for help. It took a bit of effort to prise it off and when it eventually came loose it flew across the room and landed right in front of Jess, who promptly picked it up and ran off! The look on both their faces was priceless...

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday evening's walk. Jess stopped to sniff a clump of grass and Henry walked over, lifted his leg, and peed on her head! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My dog goes to hydro every week - he splashes me from the pool which is above ground so a tidal waves coming over, he follows me so he can shake and drown me more when he's out of the pool (he does 2 x 10 min sessions with a little break between them) and then when he's getting dried he waits until one side is almost dry then gets out of the shower and leans against my legs - with the soaking wet side! If I'm lucky he'll even try to dry himself by rubbing against my legs :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

More payback from Hershey! He decided that I should not be allowed to use my laptop as punishment so chewed through the charger cable! :rolleyes::eek:
    Thank heavens it wasn't plugged in!
    He also chewed though the charger for the playstation controller. I think that he has a master plan where he will get rid of all the chargers and plugs for everything so we will play with him more!:D:rolleyes:

Advertisement