Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA cctv licence

Options
  • 24-07-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

I will soon be applying for a licence to install alarms. On the PSA website it says a cctv licence is no extra charge if you already hold an alarm one. It's not clear if this is the case for new applicants. Could anyone tell me is there an additional charge for cctv and if so how much?

no luck gettin through to them today.

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The one fee covers both but your certification company will charge you extra as there's two separate audits annually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The one fee covers both but your certification company will charge you extra as there's two desperate audits annually.

There not that bad.....are they

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jnealon wrote: »
    There not that bad.....are they

Ha ha. Bloody auto speller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elewis

Do qualified Electrician's (RECI authorised) also need a PSA licence in order to install CCTV cameras or Security gates? There was some talk about this a few months ago but has it actually come into effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Elewis wrote: »
    Do qualified Electrician's (RECI authorised) also need a PSA licence in order to install CCTV cameras or Security gates? There was some talk about this a few months ago but has it actually come into effect?

They do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    Hi,

I will soon be applying for a licence to install alarms. On the PSA website it says a cctv licence is no extra charge if you already hold an alarm one. It's not clear if this is the case for new applicants. Could anyone tell me is there an additional charge for cctv and if so how much?

no luck gettin through to them today.

Thanks....

All depends, EQA have told me there is no extra charge for the alarm and CCTV audit.

Advertisement