Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angry man or just right??

• 24-07-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Right all started when this lad took it on himself that he was getting lift with me to work and back.. 1hr or so away with out asking or having manners to text or ring me......long story cut short at end of work explained to him that he wasnt getting home with me and that if he had manners in 1st place even to text and not take for granted i was bringing him it would of been grand so i left him behind. I think im right what i done as this tool has done it a few times on different people( he lost licence drink driving) so hence no car... oh yeah he wont give cash for petrol either:mad::mad::mad::mad:

right or wrong 46 votes

right
    0% 0 votes
    wrong
    100% 46 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Why didn't you tell him that evening he wasn't getting a lift home rather than stranding him there? Or just go straight to work without bringing him in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

How about getting him lift manners and asking me getting home and to text not for granted where behind this tool a few times or ring him.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Not Quite sure I follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Thats an asshole thing to do FANTAPANTS.

I hope he wasnt stranded in one of your imaginary barracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How about getting him lift manners and asking me getting home and to text not for granted where behind this tool a few times or ring him.

Hope this helps.

MAKES NO SENSE,
    LET ALONE HELPS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    ...long story cut short...

Errmm ... maybe tell us the long story?
    Because the short one doesn't really make much sense ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hope this helps.

MAKES NO SENSE,
    LET ALONE HELPS

I think you're missing the point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I don't understand. Did he just show up at your car in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

So at the outset OP did he ask and you said yes or did he state he was getting a lift and you didn't say no to him for the to work journey? Seems to me from the info this is kinda on you for not stating from the beginning that you didn't what to give him a lift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

You did the right thing.

Or maybe it was the wrong thing.

Whatever you did you did something.

I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

In fairness, there was no need to leave the guy and drive off without him, bit wankerish on your part. If it was me I would have at least dropped him to the bus stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wut?

Did you walk out the door and go to sit in your car this morning only to find him plonked in the passenger seat? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Hope this helps.

Diego for Taoiseach!! Diego for Taoiseach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Deffo think the guy was wrong for carjacking you. So that's what I voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

FANTAPANTS,

If the person was a hot female you would not have an issue would ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Does this chap live anywhere near you?

Hope this helps.
    Anyone fancy trying to make a complete and coherent sentence of the above?

You have to use all the words now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Blackjack wrote: »

Hope this helps.

Why what's wrong?

Shryke wrote: »
    Why what's wrong?
    You drunk too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Blackjack wrote: »

I genuinely tried really hard, and managed to comprehend up to the word "granted", I think, but I'm completely stumped by what "where behind this tool a few times or ring him."is supposed to mean!!

Anyway, back to the OP, from my understanding of the situation, it depends on how far away "work" is, but what I would have done is given him the lift home, but then tell him that, on account of him being a mannerless pr**k, you're refusing to give him a lift anymore.

Either that or charge him and make a few bob. That could work too. After all, it's not like he has to spend it on petrol anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I understood what he meant! (Did I? Did You?)It helps if you're drunk too. Damn it took me a while to make sure I fixed my typos. Rant away good sire! Rant away.

Oh yeah! You're a bit of a knobend for leaving him there. Should have brought him home and then either told him he'd have to chip in for petrol or make his own way in future.

Sweet as a mother ****er.

I don't know.

meow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

this thread makes no sense without the hole story

So like this dude walked into a bar right

then he says man that hurt

aint we missing some kind of old gaming cat or something poll option. I'd prefer that tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Grammar Nazi doesn't even know where to begin. I think the hotel was right to post on Facebook, though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

If you communicate like this all the time then there's a good chance he didn't quite understand the arrangment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ok I'll expand the OP's story.

It all start back in the Summer of '97. It was a grand summer, no rain and lots of sun. Fantapants had a horse in the show jumping, his girlfriend was in the crowd. His horse named "looseytittey" jumped 4 clear rounds, rattling a post in the last jump. He got a trophy for the jumping and his girlfriend was all over him that night.

They then went to the cinema to celebrate, Titanic was released that night.

Fantapants and the girlfriend sneaked up the back for a bit of privacy and darkness. He then went to retrieve popcorn and pepsi. Upon return, Fantapants was in the process of saying there was no pepsi so he got fanta instead when he seen his girlfriend already feasting on the lollipop of his brother. Fanta spewed everywhere. To this day he is still called fanta pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Hope this helps.

Because on a Tuesday it's 36 rather than scheduled beef baiting which generally happens on a bus or failing that pancakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wheres FANTAPANTS gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Should of given the lift.
    Sometimes you got to be the better person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

kneemos wrote: »
    Wheres FANTAPANTS gone?

He has multiple accounts, this is his "Troll Account"

Hope this helps.

Ok - this is what I came up with:

How about getting behind this ring or tool a few times and not getting home.
    Hope this asking me to text him lift manners helps and for him granted.

I'm still left with "where"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

kneemos wrote: »
    Wheres FANTAPANTS gone?

Back to collect the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Right all started when this lad took it on himself that he was getting lift with me to work and back.. 1hr or so away with out asking or having manners to text or ring me......long story cut short at end of work explained to him that he wasnt getting home with me and that if he had manners in 1st place even to text and not take for granted i was bringing him it would of been grand so i left him behind. I think im right what i done as this tool has done it a few times on different people( he lost licence drink driving) so hence no car... oh yeah he wont give cash for petrol either:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Never mind all that, I thought you were going to 'Tuesday Club' today :confused:

You lied to me, never mind the guy from work being pissed with you, how do you think I feel now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kfallon wrote: »
    Never mind all that, I thought you were going to 'Tuesday Club' today :confused:

You lied to me, never mind the guy from work being pissed with you, how do you think I feel now :mad:

Maybe he thought it was Monday and you're being the drama queen?

Actually, that's an idea for the OP: do the drive in full drag. Or hit on him. He'll back off.

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Maybe he thought it was Monday and you're being the drama queen?

Actually, that's an idea for the OP: do the drive in full drag. Or hit on him. He'll back off.

Missing The Monday Club is twice the crime of missing TTC

Missing The Monday Club is twice the crime of missing TTC

But if he thought it was Monday club, then maybe he's gone to the Monday Club and missed the Tuesday Club? Maybe he's there right now wondering where the **** you are?!

But if he thought it was Monday club, then maybe he's gone to the Monday Club and missed the Tuesday Club? Maybe he's there right now wondering where the **** you are?!

He was in his own Monday Club yesterday, it had it's own thread on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I think you did the right thing op. especially if wasn't contributing towards fuel

He was in his own Monday Club yesterday, it had it's own thread on here!

Weel if you don;t go to his Monday night, hhow can you expect him to go your Tuesday club?! Come on, man, fair's fair!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Show us on the doll where he touched you.

It's okay - you're safe now.

Weel if you don;t go to his Monday night, hhow can you expect him to go your Tuesday club?! Come on, man, fair's fair!

My days at Monday and Tuesday Club are over....doctor's orders :(

I was hoping to live my drinking life thru the OP now but he fell at the second hurdle :rolleyes:

Actually what are you doing next Monday and Tuesday? :pac:

My days at Monday and Tuesday Club are over....doctor's orders :(

I was hoping to live my drinking life thru the OP now but he fell at the second hurdle :rolleyes:

Actually what are you doing next Monday and Tuesday? :pac:

Washing my hair. Actually, I'll be back in Berlin - do they have a German branch?

Washing my hair. Actually, I'll be back in Berlin - do they have a German branch?

Forget it, the search continues

*crosses Ikky Poo2 off the list*

Forget it, the search continues

*crosses Ikky Poo2 off the list*

****.... I was on a list? Damn, I always wanted to be on a list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

benwavner wrote: »
    I hope he wasnt stranded in one of your imaginary barracks.

With all the places he is working, has worked in and is planning to work in, it's a serious amount of driving and people left behind.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Need moar cat pictures...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

i didnt bring him to work he bummed a lift of some other poor lad..but took it on his own head that he was getting home with me as we would be finished at same time at work. I dont speak to this lad, i work with him which is hard enough but he hadnt the manners to ring or text me the night before to "ASK" for a lift home he just presumed :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

i didnt bring him to work he bummed a lift of some other poor lad..but took it on his own head that he was getting home with me as we would be finished at same time at work. I dont speak to this lad, i work with him which is hard enough but he hadnt the manners to ring or text me the night before to "ASK" for a lift home he just presumed :mad::mad::mad:

If it was a ten minute walk home then whatever but it was an hours car journey so yeah, that was a bit wankerish of you regardless of the situation.

Oh, almost forgot :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

You are totally right, I seemed to find myself in situtations like this over the years witn this giving lift crap. Hate doing it..buy a car or get the bus, bloody cheap ass cnuts. I enjoy the drive in and home alone in my car and it's staying that way. Im my eyes you are a piece of sh1t if you are bumming lifts..get the bus like a normal person!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement