Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Premier League Week 11 Results

Options
  • 24-07-2012 10:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

NO@ NE

Scores:

NO 0/7/0/21 = 28
    NE 7/0/3/14 = 24

Passing:

NO 16/27 321 yards 3 TD's 2 INT 4 Sacks
    NE 16/27 262 yards 1 TD 2 INT 0 sacks

Rushing:

NO 13 atts 80 yards 0 TD's 0 fumbles
    NE 14 atts 101 yards 1 TD 0 fumbles

Turnovers:

NE 2
    NO 2

Good game here, both offenses struggling early on, everything going nuts in the 4th quarter.

After 3 quarters the score was NE 10 NO 7.

With 7:51 remaining Brees hits Colston for a 69 yard TD. 14-10
    Inside 5 mins, NO are moving the ball trying to kill the clock when Brees throws a pick 6. 17-14 NE.

The Saints get into FG range and Brees hits Colston on a very risky pass to take the lead inside the 2 min warning. 21-17.

Brady hits Hernandez with an 80 yard pass with 1:44 to go.

Saints march down the field again, are in FG range but go for the win. Brees hits Colston again for the winning score with 0:02 remaining.

Wild 4th quarter to say the least.

Final: 28-24 NO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ravens 24 - 0 49ers

Stats:

Passing:

Ravenes 4/8, 110 yds, 1 TD 0 INT
    SF 11/19, 117 yrds, 0 TD 1 INT

Rushing:

Ravens: 28 atts, 166 yds 2 TD
    49ers: 19 atts, 107 yds 0 TD

Defensive

Ravens 6 sacks, 1 INT, 2 Fumbles recovered
    49ers 2 Sacks 0 INT 0 Fumble recovered

Score:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    BR 7 10 0 7 24
    SF 0 0 0 0 0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

4 completions? Tebow in disguise

Haha, didn't need to pass, so why take the risk. :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Indeed, like me all of season 2 with Charles, though he lost his mojo(and speed) this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I did lose my first and second rbs whilst using a run heavy playbook....

• Advertisement

Ravens 24 - 21 Texans

Stats:

Passing:

Ravens 13/20, 292 yds,3 TD 1 INT
    Texans 8/12, 203 yrds,3 TD 1 INT

Rushing:

Ravens: 18 atts, 79 yds 2 TD
    Texans: 20 atts, 127 yds 1 TD

Defensive

Ravens 1 sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fumbles recovered
    Texans 2 Sacks 1 INT 0 Fumble recovered

Score:
    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    BR 7 10 0 7 24
    HT 7 0 7 7 21

Madden is so retarded. I was entering the scores for the quarters and it says 27-24. I had to get ET on in a party and double check that I actually won. Haha. It was saying he got 13 points in the first quarter. He didn't even get 1 field goal. I also finished the game on his 1 yard line, and I was thinking was that the stupidest play ever.

But nope I wont 24-21. Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons 24
    Ravens 17

Good game there Raoul. It was close enough and apart from those 2 INTs I thought Flacco played really well. Here are some of the stats from the game.

Passing
    M. Ryan 17/24 257YDs, 0 INTs, 1TD, 119.6
    J. Flacco 16/23 291 YDs, 2INTs, 2TDs, 104.8

Rushing
    M. Turner 18Att, 66YDs, 1TD
    J. Rodgers 4Att, 22YDs, 1TD
    O. Mughelli 2Att, 7YDs
    M. Ryan 2Att, -4YDs

R. Rice 9Att, 39YDs
    V. Leach 2Att, 11YDs

Defense

ATL 2INTs, 1 Sack
    BAL 0INTs, 2 Sacks

ATL 3/7/7/7
    BAL 0/10/0/7

Super close game between the 49ers and Falcons. In the end it came down to a FG with 2 seconds on the clock! Here's some stats

Passing
    M. Ryan 107.7, 20/29, 355YDs, 1TD, 1INT
    A. Smith 129.1 14/20, 278YDs, 1TD, 0INT

Rushing
    M. Turner 14Att, 88YDs, 1TD
    J. Rodgers 4Att, 11YDs, 0TD, 1Fumble
    O. Mughelli 2Att, 14YDs, 1TD

F. Gore 14Att, 50YDs, 3TD
    A. Smith 4Att, 6YDs, 0TD
    Miller 2Att, 1YD, 1TD

Defense

ATL 1sack, 1FF (Out of bounds)
    SF 1sack, 1INT, 1FF

Special Teams
    Eric Weems 1TD of 101YDs

ATL 14/10/7/6 37
    SF 0/14/14/7 35

Like I said, a close game in the end which game down to a Matt Bryant field goal with 2 seconds on the clock. After the first quarter I thought this would be an easy game but I underestimated you Ali, you came back and almost beat me, which you'd have deserved. Good game and good luck with the rest of your games.

Only one left...was very close, judging by how this finished it looks like I should have gone for those five yards in the forth....That davis boyo is a good player for sf.

Another win for Atlanta. I get the impression, Santry, that you weren't happy with the way I played? I do dropback with my QB but I have played the same way all year and have received no complaints. I received one last night from Raoul and then yourself on the mic. Wasn't aware that I was breaking the rules and considering I'm 7th last in Human vs. Human games I don't really see how it's making that much difference. However, if I am breaking the rules then I'll look to improve on it. Anyway, in M13 I think the dropbacks are set so shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, close enough game towards the end, here's the stats.

Passing
    M. Ryan 108.5, 16/23, 311YDs, 1TD, 1INT
    A. Dalton 53.2, 18/33. 245YDs, 0TDs, 2INTs

Rushing
    M. Turner 11Att, 95YDs, 1TD
    J. Rodgers 4Att, 13YDs, 1TD
    O. Mughelli 1 Att, 1YD
    J. Snelling 1Att, 1YD, 1TD

C. Benson 15Att, 80YDs, 2TDs
    B. Scott 2Att, 10YDs, 1TD
    C. Pressley 1Att, 8YDs

Defense
    ATL 5Sacks, 2INTs
    CIN 3Sacks, 1INT, 1FF (Recovered by Atlanta)

ATL 7/7/14/0-->28
    CIN 0/7/0/14-->21

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My curse of Madden runs on and on. Booted for excessive greeving against madalig as my controller decides to disconnect and not reconnect.

Final Score: Bengals 43-6 49ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

If he's complaining in game that's not on. It's off-putting and can ruin the game. I was pretty annoyed when Dave complained about my dropbacks during a friendly a while ago. Can't say I noticed Fitz dropping back too far in my 2 games against you.

Dropping the QB back more than 5 yards should be the exception rather than the rule.
    Dropping the QB back more than 10 yards should never happen.

It just makes defense too difficult and its pretty unrealistic. I know some people do this out of habit and may not realise they are even doing it but it is something that I find very annoying about Madden 12 as it takes all blitzes completely out of the game.

I think it's something we should try to avoid in our leagues and hopefully Madden 13 will be a bit better in that if you throw while running backwards your throw will be pretty poor.

Matthew, I don't think there is anything wrong with mentioning something like that over the mic if you feel there is an issue, as I said before with a lot of people it may be more of a habit rather than trying to exploit the shortcomings of the game.

matthew8 wrote: »
    If he's complaining in game that's not on. It's off-putting and can ruin the game. I was pretty annoyed when Dave complained about my dropbacks during a friendly a while ago. Can't say I noticed Fitz dropping back too far in my 2 games against you.

How the fcuk is it not on? When I send a blitz and someone runs back an extra 10 yards and then throws it am I not supposed to say anything? It was fcuking infuriating. Or when they take a snap and inch left or right immediately meaning my zones become redundant? Do I just sit back and let myself get beat? :confused:

SantryRed wrote: »
    How the fcuk is it not on? When I send a blitz and someone runs back an extra 10 yards and then throws it am I not supposed to say anything? It was fcuking infuriating. Or when they take a snap and inch left or right immediately meaning my zones become redundant? Do I just sit back and let myself get beat? :confused:

In fairness it is just habit with me and once you said it I did try to hold off on it. Besides, plenty of people have still beaten me and there have been a good few times when I've been sacked and had like 3rd and 20 etc so it's not all win win.

Lukebray wrote: »
    Another win for Atlanta. I get the impression, Santry, that you weren't happy with the way I played? I do dropback with my QB but I have played the same way all year and have received no complaints. I received one last night from Raoul and then yourself on the mic. Wasn't aware that I was breaking the rules and considering I'm 7th last in Human vs. Human games I don't really see how it's making that much difference. However, if I am breaking the rules then I'll look to improve on it. Anyway, in M13 I think the dropbacks are set so shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, close enough game towards the end, here's the stats.

Passing
    M. Ryan 108.5, 16/23, 311YDs, 1TD, 1INT
    A. Dalton 53.2, 18/33. 245YDs, 0TDs, 2INTs

Rushing
    M. Turner 11Att, 95YDs, 1TD
    J. Rodgers 4Att, 13YDs, 1TD
    O. Mughelli 1 Att, 1YD
    J. Snelling 1Att, 1YD, 1TD

C. Benson 15Att, 80YDs, 2TDs
    B. Scott 2Att, 10YDs, 1TD
    C. Pressley 1Att, 8YDs

Defense
    ATL 5Sacks, 2INTs
    CIN 3Sacks, 1INT, 1FF (Recovered by Atlanta)

ATL 7/7/14/0-->28
    CIN 0/7/0/14-->21

I really wasn't happy at all man. The drop backs, particularly on the Reggie White out routes were ridiculous and I couldn't get near you to cut it out. Even when I blitzed six as that is a slow route to develop. I get more annoyed when sh1t like that happens and the other person doesn't have a mic as it feels like your playing the CPU. Why did you change to red as well? It's always dark against lights?

In fairness it is just habit with me and once you said it I did try to hold off on it. Besides, plenty of people have still beaten me and there have been a good few times when I've been sacked and had like 3rd and 20 etc so it's not all win win.

Well it's a habit that a good few people in this league have got to lose. I've played a good few people in the past months who aren't, imo, letting the QB do his natural dropback and are going all places before hand. This will be getting cracked down on for Madden 13 as it is a pain in the hole for the opposition.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I really wasn't happy at all man. The drop backs, particularly on the Reggie White out routes were ridiculous and I couldn't get near you to cut it out. Even when I blitzed six as that is a slow route to develop. I get more annoyed when sh1t like that happens and the other person doesn't have a mic as it feels like your playing the CPU. Why did you change to red as well? It's always dark against lights?

Yeah I realised once the game started that this was a bad choice but thought it was too much bother to restart the game.

You sacked me 3 times and when you started blitzing my production went down. You can see in the box scores that once you started blitzing me with 6 then I started scoring less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Complaining about it in the middle of the game is a major jerk move though. I have no problem with it being mentioned outside of a game, and it's a habit I dropped, but it's rude to complain about in the middle of the game.

Complaining about it in the middle of the game is a major jerk move though. I have no problem with it being mentioned outside of a game, and it's a habit I dropped, but it's rude to complain about in the middle of the game.

Ah I don't mind that so much, it's understandable. But like nobody else has complained apart from Raoul last night. The stats clearly show that I've been quite poor in Human vs. Human games so I didn't see the problem. Like I said, I'll work on it and cut out the habit. No point arguing over it now.

• Advertisement

I just can't understand your thinking on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Bobby Unkempt Visitor

if its mentioned after its viewed as someone being a sore loser.

i think rules need to be cracked down on iv played 2-3 games against people doing things like this and i havent said anything because id feel like i was being a dick and to be honest i dont know what im like myself at it but it makes the game very frustrating if you cant stop someone because there dropping 20 yards every time linemen are not fast enough so it makes them pointless.
    Ah I don't mind that so much, it's understandable. But like nobody else has complained apart from Raoul last night. The stats clearly show that I've been quite poor in Human vs. Human games so I didn't see the problem. Like I said, I'll work on it and cut out the habit. No point arguing over it now.

to be honest dude you did the same against me i just didnt say it when you snapped the ball matt ryan was sprinting back or right or left straight away so my d-line became pointless. i prob should have said it at the time because its cant be on you if you didnt realise it and i definetley dont think it was intentional

Just to throw in my two cents....I did notice luke doing this during two early plays and had a little outburst (which he may or may not have heard) but I can say that I didn't see anything out of the ordinary after that. He can definitly play the game correctly. Is it not the case during screen plays that you should back off to let the blitz come then chuck it sideways. exception but not the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

If it gives an unfair advantage, it needs to be said during a game. A lot of people don't realise they are doing these things. I know I would prefer it to be said to me over a mic as opposed to having a mad row on boards.

Matthew, dont understand your thinking at all. if someone is playing against the rules you should say it asap.

As luke said, i also said it to him during the game, also said it to adrian after.

Think nerd said what i also feel. Sometimes you feel like you are being a sore loser if you say it. I have also noticed it with other people when they are losing they tend to drop back and i sometimes left them away with it as i dont want to be a sore winner.

If you drop back about 15 yards, its using a type of glitch in madden, for some reason the cb doesnt follow the wr as he should and the wr can get separation. As i said to adrian, i was already through to the playoffs so not that big of a deal to me, but The falcons just beat the top two seeds and this will affect people that were trying to get a playoff spot.

Luke you are a good player, great running game, i really dont think you need to drop back.

Ohwell, hopefully it isn't possible in M13.

Thanks everyone for contributing to this discussion. At the end of the day what we are trying to do is to make the league more enjoyable for everyone.

Hopefully people can take this feedback and adjust their game if necessary. It shouldn't be seen as someone throwing a tantrum or being a sore loser.

For future reference if you have an issue with someone in the BPL can you fire me off a PM and I'll do my best to deal with it via PM rather then getting into an argument on the thread.

I understand what you are saying adrian and would have 100percent agreed with you at the start of the game but in some way mentioning it publicly actually could help. I know you have pmmed me before with players you werent happy with, but as nobody else complained to me there wasnt much i could do. But perhaps if it was mentioned publicly everyone would know what to watch out for.

It is tough to know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Bobby Unkempt Visitor

i think at the very least people will notice it now that its been said i know im playing santry sunday and il be watching myself big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Used to do this myself but Adrian (IIRC) sent me a PM telling me about it and I've adapted (at least I think I have anyway) since then.

Regarding the Madden 13 dropbacks, if it's the same as NCAA if you press the A button to snap the ball the QB does the dropback automatically (1, 3, 5 or 7 steps based on the type of play called). I think you can still move the QB all over the place though, I'll play around with it during the weekend and report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I'm not going to play a game 40mins to an hour against someone who's playing against the spirit of the community. 99/100 they don't realize it. It is not rude, its understandable someone does not wanna play a game when a bug is being exploited.

When I first joined the leagues I had a problem with my drop backs. As in going to far back the other Guy said it to me. I was shocked that i was doing it so much. I made a focused effort to stay in the pocket from then on.

If I've ever had a problem that's more against the spirit of the game ill tell the person and I'd like to think they'd do the same.

Advertisement