Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A sneaky taste/smell in the supermarket?

• 24-07-2012 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

When I'm buying hair gel or shampoo I sometimes pop open the lip and have a sneaky sniff, same with deodorant. What kind of sneaky things do you get up to in the supermarket?

Comments

i do my shopping and leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I read the paper and then leave it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

**** in the deli counter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Everyone does those things.

My mum is forever stealing grapes. Just walks over to them, breaks off a bunch and walks around the shop eating them. She does the same with mushrooms!! And strawberries.

Im a right cow for deciding I dont want half my basket when i get to the checkout and just dumping it on the end of the belt. I used to hate this when i worked in SV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't think tasting shampoo and deodorant will be good for you in the long run OP.

Just remember, everything in moderation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I sometimes pop open the lip and have a sneaky sniff

I do that when choosing women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I feel like a criminal when I leave without buying anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

When working in a supermarket before, seen a woman drop a jam jar, thought no one was looking and promptly kick it under the shelf!

Easier than just letting a member of staff know apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

When I'm buying hair gel or shampoo I sometimes pop open the lip and have a sneaky sniff, same with deodorant. What's kind of sneaky things do you get up to in the supermarket?

Hardly sneaky - everyone does this. You need to know what this stuff smells like before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Yeah I normally walk right behind them, take a deep sniff and say "aaaahhhhhhh" and then I unbutton my....wait what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dave0301 wrote: »
    When working in a supermarket before, seen a woman drop a jam jar, thought no one was looking and promptly kick it under the shelf!

Easier than just letting a member of staff know apparently!

"member of staff" oh loved that expression- Dunnes, the joys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I've recently started to break the florets of broccoli from the stem.

(it gets weighed at the till y'know) :pac:

I usually only have a sneaky sniff in private, I'm not one of those people who walks around in public with their hands down their kacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

efb wrote: »
    "member of staff" oh loved that expression- Dunnes, the joys!

As of Friday coming I will no longer be a Supervalu "member of staff"

Roll on Friday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I climb into fridge freezers and pretend to be frozen in time like Buck Rogers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Only if its deodrant or something but I rarely do. I find myself picking up loads of random crap that I really dont need but just want, like chocolate and nice looking products. I wish they had more sampling trays set up these days.
    That was my favorite part about going shopping as a kid, as you were always bound to get at least 1 nice sample :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Where To wrote: »
    I check the diddys on page 3 and then leave it back.

fyp

i hunt deals and bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I read 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' in Hughes and Hughes without buying it. My son was browsing at the time and I did buy him a book. I'm a super fast reader so it only took me about an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can't bate a sneaky finger in the supermarket ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

Dave0301 wrote: »
    As of Friday coming I will no longer be a Supervalu "member of staff"

Roll on Friday :pac:

This makes me jealous! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

syndeyfife wrote: »
    My mum is forever stealing grapes. Just walks over to them, breaks off a bunch and walks around the shop eating them. She does the same with mushrooms!! And strawberries.
    eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I once got asked to leave a lingerie shop*

*may or may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

OP, you seem to do a worrying amount of sneaky perving, sniffing, tasting, fondling and fingering judging by your recent posts.

Zab wrote: »
    eh?

She takes a handful of mushrooms and eats them walking around the shop.....I used to do it as a child as well lol

She takes a handful of mushrooms and eats them walking around the shop.....I used to do it as a child as well lol

You're defo your mother's daughter :p

kfallon wrote: »
    You're defo your mother's daughter :p

Youre officially my boards stalker! :D

harney wrote: »
    I once got asked to leave a lingerie shop*

*may or may not be true

Defo true!
    Youre officially my boards stalker! :D

Join the club :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

OP, you seem to do a worrying amount of sneaky perving, sniffing, tasting, fondling and fingering judging by your recent posts.

It's just a phase miss lockhart I'm sure I'll get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Everyone does those things.

Im a right cow for deciding I dont want half my basket when i get to the checkout and just dumping it on the end of the belt. I used to hate this when i worked in SV
    YOU!!!

• Advertisement

jpcarlow wrote: »
    YOU!!!

Yeah i really suck for it. Id get there and be like why the hell did i even put this in the basket!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Read magazine/newspaper and then put it back on shelf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

I do the same with the shower gels and the like, have a smell before I buy.
    A few weeks back in JC's in the baby aisle, saw a pack of nappies had been opened and a rolled up used nappy left on the shelf above it,so someone took the p155 there sampling the goods :(

I do the same with the shower gels and the like, have a smell before I buy.
    A few weeks back in JC's in the baby aisle, saw a pack of nappies had been opened and a rolled up used nappy left on the shelf above it,so someone took the p155 there sampling the goods :(

Did they take a shit too?? i mean if you're gonna sample the goods you may as well do it properly :p

Yeah i really suck for it. Id get there and be like why the hell did i even put this in the basket!!
    that is infuriating. especially hot food or items that need to be kept at a certain temp. If they're not found in time they can go off and if another customer picks them up then that person can get food poisoning and it'll be the store that'll get blamed not the person who decided to dump it in the aisles

that is infuriating. especially hot food or items that need to be kept at a certain temp. If they're not found in time they can go off and if another customer picks them up then that person can get food poisoning and it'll be the store that'll get blamed not the person who decided to dump it in the aisles

Dude nobody picks up a hot food item from anywhere other than where its meant to be.

• Advertisement

Dude nobody picks up a hot food item from anywhere other than where its meant to be.
    Dude nobody brings items to a checkout which they have no intention of buying....oh wait

Dude nobody brings items to a checkout which they have no intention of buying....oh wait

I have every intention of buying it, until I get there.

Let me know where you work so I can get all my friends to go in and do it...

If the shops didnt go out of their way to make me impulse buy it wouldnt happen! :D

I have every intention of buying it, until I get there.

Let me know where you work so I can get all my friends to go in and do it...

If the shops didnt go out of their way to make me impulse buy it wouldnt happen! :D
    Good luck with that in a library :P that's part of my job

Good luck with that in a library :P that's part of my job

My fav thing about the library in College was going in and letting a big ripper off after a few minutes, oh yes it's childish but guaranteed to always get a few laughs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I always read the magazines and then put them back on the shelf.

My local tescos never has enough staff working on the tills. Several times I've gotten so sick of the giant queues that I've just abandoned my trolley/basket and walked out of the shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement