Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean fitzpatrick's bankruptcy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Paid for in the wife's name I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Sure bankrupt is just a word as we have all found out in the last 4 years. It often has little or no effect on the individual, who has long before the title, bestowed his/her wealth to close relatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

rodento wrote: »
    Anyone know how Sean Fitzpatrick can afford to go on so many lavish holidays if he is declared bankrupt????

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/tanned-fitzpatrick-bailed-after-facing-bank-fraud-charges-3179074.html

He was arrested after returning from holidays in the states after already declaring himself bankrupt

http://m.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/jul/12/sean-fitzpatrick-bankrupt-anglo-irish?cat=business&type=article

Surely if he couldn't afford to pay for the holiday he would be subject to benefit in kind tax?????

Where does it say he was returning from a lavish holiday? It is not conceivable he was in NY trying to figure out how to earn a living again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

SBWife wrote: »
    Where does it say he was returning from a lavish holiday? It is not conceivable he was in NY trying to figure out how to earn a living again?

Says it all here

Most people thought bankruptcy would mean the end to his [COLOR=#009900 ! important]luxury[/COLOR] lifestyle, but 'Seanie', as he is universally known, is still living in a fashion most of us can only dream of.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/bankruptcy-hasnt-curbed-luxury-lifestyle-of-outsider-sean-fitzpatrick-3179760.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

he'd be a dab hand at making license plates !

I'd rather see him in a chain gang, or doing fence/lawn upkeep on some ghost estates, we could all bring our dogs for a sh1te on the lawns he has to cut.

Either way the chap has a brass neck and a pair of brass cohones to go with it. pox on him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Dont want to appear a Fitzy apologist.....but the fact is that anyone on here would do the same in his position. If you did not make efforts to transfer some of your assets prior to bankruptcy I would suggest you are a fool....

The only difference here is the scale of his assets....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Bankrupt??? My Hole sure isnt Shane Filan bankrupt also.. lol...
    Yeah ...yeah he is..
    These individual have plenty of £££ put aside in untouchable places and in other peoples names :cool:
    It does leave a sour taste in the mouth ill admit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I could care less how much he has stashed away. I want to see him put away for 10 or 15 years. And not in the semi holiday resort open prisons like Quinn junior. These guys are real criminals and deserve to do hard time.
    Stick him in a cell with a rapist or junkie or some other "not very nice person" he deserves as company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭GSF

SBWife wrote: »
    That must have been what he was doing in Poland in early June?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

He didn't look too upset being marched into court. I doubt he'll do any time, will probably spend the next few years fighting any accusations with free legal aid of course he being bankrupt and all that, The laugh really is on us at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

GSF wrote: »
    That must have been what he was doing in Poland in early June?

Same as Mick Wallace.

"Honestly lads, I'm bust, bankrupt, haven't a cent. Now excuse me, got to head of to the Euros for a fortnight for a bit of sun and a few scoops".

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Probably over meeting a "friend" in New York that he used to work with.I can see a show trial next year and the prosecution case falling apart after a week because,the dodgy financial regulater said to them,the dodgy dept of finance said to them,being encouraged to help team Ireland and so on and so on and will all collapse in a shambles.Would much prefer to see all of them prosecuted for their personal borrowings which were dodgy to say the least and using Anglo Irish as their own personal investment vehicle and hiding it from the shareholders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I still don't understand how I'm considered financially responsible for my other half because we co-habit but Mr Fitzpatrick's wife isn't responsible for his debts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭creedp

Sleepy wrote: »
    I still don't understand how I'm considered financially responsible for my other half because we co-habit but Mr Fitzpatrick's wife isn't responsible for his debts...

In fairness if you were a high flying entrepreneur, creator of jobs and have world class financial expertise, you would be able to shirk your rsponsibility to society also and live the highlife on somebody else's money but Hey this is Ireland and that kind of activity is celebrated here amongst the elite and their hangers on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

NIMAN wrote: »
    Same as Mick Wallace.

"Honestly lads, I'm bust, bankrupt, haven't a cent. Now excuse me, got to head of to the Euros for a fortnight for a bit of sun and a few scoops".

:rolleyes:

When was Mick Wallace declared bankrupt ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Sorry everyone, but OP does not meet the standards as laid down by the Charter and really, we don't need another thread for people to rant/give out in.

Cheers

DrG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement