Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Current Account Closing My Account

Options
  • 24-07-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Here is my questions im actually thinking if closing this account going to Ulster Bank, i know i know but they dont charge current account fees?

but in mean time as i have it as a current account anyway if i cancel the card can i just have this current account without a atm card or debit card ???

Also i wrote to this bank of Ireland bank three weeks ago complaining about current account fees they never answered my letter i then rang the bank and the guy said he would look into it as it is a back room decision i still have had no reply its a disgrace,,,,

ps: Do i have to give notice of Closing Bank of Ireland Current Account ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

If you wan to move banks, just go into the new bank and tell them. They'll walk you through it. There is a system in place between banks that takes care of transferring direct debits and closing your old account without any hassle for you (in theory, sometimes there are a few problems along the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

You actually think ulster bank won't start charging fees in the very near future??! They are facing closure due to events of last few weeks, compensating not only their only.customers but those of other banks for fees charged, and facing a huge penalty from the central bank! They're not going to raise it through a cake sale! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They are not "facing closure". Please do not post unsubstantiated rubbish on this forum.

Advertisement