Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin with dog, is that possible?

Options
  • 24-07-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Got a job, go me!! Yeah!
    is it possible to rent these days and be able to take a medium sized dog with me, to the south part of the city really. A freindly Labrador, playful etc useless as a guard dog as he never barks. Daft has a option "pets allowed" but tha can mean goldfish or cats, is there anywhere that lists places for this exact situation? Also need to keep costs low.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Kwak.ie wrote: »
    Got a job, go me!! Yeah!
    is it possible to rent these days and be able to take a medium sized dog with me, to the south part of the city really. A freindly Labrador, playful etc useless as a guard dog as he never barks. Daft has a option "pets allowed" but tha can mean goldfish or cats, is there anywhere that lists places for this exact situation? Also need to keep costs low.

If it says "pets allowed", then dogs are allowed. The only problem might be choice is limited and you may have to rent a whole property.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What friends of mine have done is found somewhere and then said 'oh, the dog's ok, yeah?' when they're handing over the deposit and first month's rent. Landlords are a lot more amenable to pets when you've a big wad of cash in your hand. You could also offer an extra sum as a pet deposit and/or references from your old housemates and neighbours about the dog's behaviour; the landlord will worry that it'll chew everything, pee all over the house, and annoy the neighbours, if you can guarantee that won't happen (as much as one can guarantee those things) you shouldn't have a problem.

Generally though, with so many people moving for work and due to mortgage problems, there are more people looking to keep their animals, so the landlords seem to be getting more accomodating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It depends if you are just looking at renting a room as I will tell as someone who still shares I wouldn't be overly fussed at having a dog in my flat. Many apartment blocks don't allow pets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tbriody

Im having the same problem myself I want to get a small dog but am finding it hard to find places in south dublin that are reasonably priced and will allow a pet :(

Advertisement