Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Habits you learned "foreign" and can see yourself using for the rest of your life.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

beks101 wrote: »
    After two years in Canada...

- I say 'please' and 'thank you' at least once per sentence
    - I apologize profusely even if it's not my fault
    - I spell 'apologize' with a Z
    - I pronounce R as 'arrrrr' and H as 'aytch'
    - I swear differently...namely, 'fack!'
    - I eat sushi several times a week

Is there any other way to pronounce them (other than the way they do in infant class)??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

IrishAm wrote: »
    Remember to say sorry whilst getting the barman's attention to order vastly over priced slop in a bar. Then thank him profusely as he takes your cash off you.

T'is the Irish way.:)

I remember years ago in a loud busy student bar this barman went mental and ranted at me for not saying thanks. "what did you forget to say" kind of stuff ?!?!?! And Im bascially stood there confused as its sooooooo loud I'm not throwing in superfluous words so that he can lipread my order if possible. Fecking idiot. I think I did say thanks because I wanted my drinks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Taking my shoes off when I come in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Wibbs wrote: »
    Never mind the beer and lemonade, what about that odd Spanish(in some areas) of coke and red wine. Kalimocho? IIRC. Tastes better than it sounds and I've been a bit hazy of eye on it more than once. :D

tis lovely alright but you have to add a dash of Vermouth for the best taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Cedrus wrote: »
    Is there any other way to pronounce them (other than the way they do in infant class)??:confused:
    In Ireland 'H' is 'haitch' - for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

Only drink cappuccino at breakfast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Looking for 'chinos' on the street to sell me beer on my way home at 5 a.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I buy beer in the offlicense at 3 in the morning.
    I get from one side of the city in abotu 30 mins, without having to buy two tickets.
    I don't eat breakfast rolls (I miss breakfast rolls).
    I don't watch television.
    I go swimming naked with attractive people :D
    I read the RTE News website...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Wibbs wrote: »
    Never mind the beer and lemonade, what about that odd Spanish(in some areas) of coke and red wine. Kalimocho? IIRC. Tastes better than it sounds and I've been a bit hazy of eye on it more than once. :D

Oh god, the memories (or lack thereof! :o )

We used to drink this in college. We'd get a 2L bottle of Coke, empty half out, pour in a full bottle of red wine, chuck in a generous amount of sugar too (WHY?!), and then down it as fast as possible.

I'm actually feeling nauseous even at the thought of it! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Put beetroot on my burgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I do lots of business with Germans and noted that they often end their emails with "Greetz" or "Greetz from...." So when placing orders or talking with them via email I'll often end the 1st email with this, as a well the last one once our business is done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I buy beer in the offlicense at 3 in the morning.
    I get from one side of the city in abotu 30 mins, without having to buy two tickets.
    I don't eat breakfast rolls (I miss breakfast rolls).
    I don't watch television.
    I go swimming naked with attractive people :D
    I read the RTE News website...

Read the thread title.:pac:

Advertisement