Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Clash - 11th August '12, 12pm

Options
  • 24-07-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

My goodbye present to the community before I leave the emerald isle~ Bringing to you another Northern event run by yours truly!! Keeping it short and sweet with the roster this time with just two games--AE 2012 and UMvC3. I'm not entering either, just gonna keep the event running smoothly so we hopefully get finished at a reasonable hour!

fb event: https://www.facebook.com/events/269881119794196/

Doors open at 12:00 for casuals at the usual spot up north (The Space @ QUB Student's Union). Registration is open until 12:45. Marvel will get started at 13:00 whilst AE will get started at 13:30. Hopefully, we can be all done and dusted by around 18:00-18:30ish so there is time for a post-tournament salty dinner!

Entry is £5 for each tournament game. The venue itself will be free for those that wish to spectate or play casuals. Prize split will be 70/20/10 amongst top 3 in both games.

Gonna try an interesting thing with the seeding based not only on results in recent locals (including down south) but also by region as to try and avoid the problem of many friends playing each other. Bear in mind with a player pool our size that it's quite difficult, but I will try to do my best. Other than that, the usual groups into top 8 double elimination.

If you're gonna be late, contact me and we'll try to get you sorted but no guarantees. If you're going to be entering both games, get here on time.

RULES:
    General:
    - All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified, below.
    - All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
    - Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
    - Accidentally pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round (at the discretion of the other player and the group judge).
    - Any player using “Random Select” to pick their character, must “Random Select” again if they win the match, provided that there is no way to pick a certain character in the random box.
    - You must provide your own controller for games played on the required console. If you need a converter, please bring your own. This allows the groups to run smoothly.
    - All converters are the responsibility of the player. Ensure that they are functional before the tournament.

AE:
    - Game version: XBox 360
    - Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap
    - Grand finals will be 3/5 games.
    - If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
    - Winner may change ultra if the loser changes character.

Marvel:
    - Game version: XBox 360
    - Game Settings: 99 Seconds, 3/5 Games, Default Handicap, Default Damage
    - Grand finals will be 4/7 games.
    - You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
    - TAC infinites are allowed.
    - Kubotae glitch is allowed.
    - Winner must keep same starting character and the same assists on their team, but can switch the order of assists.

The rules above are basically a copy of EVO rules with some small tweaks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Good stuff man, I'm not 100% sure I'll be in Belfast that day but if I am I'll be sure to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Im up for this if anyone going from dublin :P

If theres a car going from Dublin and it has a free spot please let me in

Or If there is a Bus going and a few are taking it id like to join :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Will be there. Roogle kumite too plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Colour me interested. I'll see if I can't make the arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Also interested

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I already said yes to Roogle but I will be there, recording kit in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MellowToast

i would like to make my way to this. though I would like to make my way to all the tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Wanna try attend this

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I'm looking into travel arrangements for this, but it doesn't look *too* helpful. I'd like to be able to travel from Cork to Belfast in the morning and arrive in the afternoon, but unless I leave at 5 or 6 in the morning that isn't going to happen. My next best bet would be to travel up on Friday night and stay somewhere until morning. In case I were to do that, could any of you guys recommend me a cheap, safe place to stay at?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I missed the last Inferno and would like to get to this, have no idea how to get there.. Train or bus? Directions to the place? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Pot monster reporting for duty, it's been a while. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

I'm woeful, but I'ma try and get up, even if just to see you lot. Schwing!

Lads, a return trip to Belfast is only 20 euro on irishrail.ie right now from Connolly :0

This is great value, if you want to go, GET THIS.

Can someone book that for me plz

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Can someone book that for me plz

Done.

I THINK I got you a booked seat at the same table... not sure though, hard to tell from the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Lads, a return trip to Belfast is only 20 euro on irishrail.ie right now from Connolly :0

This is great value, if you want to go, GET THIS.

Great tip Doom, thanks

So we're on

Outward Journey
    11 Aug 2012 Departing: Dublin Connolly at 09:35.
    Arriving Belfast Central at 11:50
    Return Journey
    11 Aug 2012 Departing: Belfast Central at 20:10.
    Arriving Dublin Connolly at 22:18

If anyone else is booking.
    I recommend you do so now if you're coming as from the "Pick your own seat" thing it looks like there's not many seats left on either train.

Also I've spent 100 quid on booking tickets for people now, my card is about to explode, so I'm done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

best-of-the-spiderman-meme-16-280e6413-sz500x375-animate.jpg

ive booked a seat :)

i hope there is a decent showing for Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

nissanpussay.jpg

Might drive up to this. Pick up a few wetsers on the way.

Cheers Doom, sorry I haven't been around the net to say thanks, back in action on Tuesday, can give you the cash whenever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Trains booked :D I'll be coming up Friday afternoon if people are up for casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Got my shift swapped, btw. Definitely coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

It's been a while since I've done anything with the community...I might make my way to this. Any more train prices going, or would it be possible to get a lift for petrol monies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Do you and Ken still owe me petrol money from the last time?

Voa wrote: »
    It's been a while since I've done anything with the community...I might make my way to this. Any more train prices going, or would it be possible to get a lift for petrol monies?

Doyler may be driving up, train is only 20 quid though, loads of people going.

Do you and Ken still owe me petrol money from the last time?
    ...yes. Catch me at some point and I'll pay you back, I keep forgetting about it myself.

And doomy, do you have to book it with a credit card? Or is that just the price of the ticket?

Voa wrote: »
    ...yes. Catch me at some point and I'll pay you back, I keep forgetting about it myself.

And doomy, do you have to book it with a credit card? Or is that just the price of the ticket?

I booked with my debit card, I'd bet it's not as cheap on the day at the station.

Could I be a jerk and ask you to pretty please nab a ticket for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Oh man we are gonna storm the **** out of this tourney.

Belfast Marvel scene won't know what hit it.

• Advertisement

Train's booked out...is there still a lift on offer? :o

Advertisement