Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do take aways in Rosslare strand close so early ?

Options
  • 25-07-2012 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

HI folks have been down to Rosslare a few times this year and intend to go for a few weeks in August . While I was down there in winter I noticed peppermils and the chipper beside brady's close at ten o clock .

presumed this was normal for winter months , but a friend tells me they were down the june bank holiday weekend and they couldn't get a takeaway as they closed at ten . That's very early for a holiday resort in summer time surely ? will they open later for summer months ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Hi
    Residential issues, i heard. The locals run a pretty tight ship down there.
    I'm a frequent visitor also. Try the take-away at the Ceaders hotel end of the stand, you might be lucky in the high-season. But don't expect anything past eleven.
    The place in general do close down pretty early, personally i think its part of its appeal.
    I hope you enjoy the few weeks regardless...(and get the weather);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

Haruki wrote: »
    Hi
    Residential issues, i heard. The locals run a pretty tight ship down there.
    I'm a frequent visitor also. Try the take-away at the Ceaders hotel end of the stand, you might be lucky in the high-season. But don't expect anything past eleven.
    The place in general do close down pretty early, personally i think its part of its appeal.
    I hope you enjoy the few weeks regardless...(and get the weather);)

Hi thanks for the reply , fingers and toes are crossed for the weather but I won't hold my breath ! Isn't the take away near Ceader's closed down ? I'm sure that's what the locals said .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Awww, i apologise, i wasn't aware of that. I was under the assumption it would be open for the summer months.
    That's a shame.

maybe you're right could be open for the summer , it was around march someone said it was closed so maybe open for summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Did the local Chinese guys here in town not take it over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did the local Chinese guys here in town not take it over?

Raymond Chan bought the Cedars hotel.

Yes I'm glad to see Ceader's hotel is re opened , its very nice .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

shooter57 wrote: »
    Yes I'm glad to see Ceader's hotel is re opened , its very nice .

Has it been renovated? what's food like?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Has it been renovated? what's food like?

yes , it's been completely re-done . I was delighted to hear it was back open after seeing it delapidated a few months ago . went down to have a few pints in it to watch one of the Ireland matches and the place looked lovely , nice pint too :) .Haven't had the chance to eat there yet , but have heard from locals the resturant is called the lemon tree and is supposed to be lovely , locals said was very busy .

just to say I have no connection with the hotel , just happy to see it back open and bring more life to Rosslare .

Advertisement