Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming pc

Options
  • 25-07-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

What is your budget? 750ish

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    yeah

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    nope.

5. Do you need a monitor?
    No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]
    nope

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Whats that??

8. How can you pay?
    any

9. When are you purchasing
    2-3 months

parts cannot be bought online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

tkd93 wrote: »
    parts cannot be bought online.

Any particular reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Any particular reason?
    im guessing because he hasent got a pc (Because he want to buy a pc)

Well to answer your question ,have a look at pc world . i Got a nice gaming pc there for 579 reduced from 979 because it was a display model.

Building pc nowadays cost too much compared to what you can buy them pre-built for -imo

bpb101 wrote: »
    That makes no sense what so ever.
    Building pc nowadays cost too much compared to what you can buy them pre-built for -imo

This is also a ridiculous statement, when in fact the opposite is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

woah woah i have a pc but its getting out of date so id like a new 1??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Yes, that explains it. That also explains how he didn't post this on the internet.

• Advertisement

what???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Well to answer your question ,have a look at pc world . i Got a nice gaming pc there for 579 reduced from 979 because it was a display model.

Someone go and hold down Shadow... we can't loose another one!

Mucker I was selling PCs for years and had the same argument and lost. Any PC you can spec we'll beat - by a mile!

woah woah i have a pc but its getting out of date so id like a new 1??

Why can't parts be bought online though? You're severely limiting yourself and costing yourself money if that's the case.

When you say cant be bought online - would you be prepared to order them wait and then go and pick them up in Blachardstown?

I dont like ordering on line i cant help it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Not willing to buy online really limits you... like makes it not worthwhile, as buying parts in small PC shops (probably only places you'll get everything you need) will cost too much.

I bought a gaming PC a few years back, from Ankermann, and it ended up being cheaper to buy it fully assembled by them, rather than buy the parts from komplett/ebay/amazon.

But that was a one off I reckon, as I checked again recently and it's cheaper to buy from the websites and DIY

Sync wrote: »
    Not willing to buy online really limits you... like makes it not worthwhile, as buying parts in small PC shops (probably only places you'll get everything you need) will cost too much.

I bought a gaming PC a few years back, from Ankermann, and it ended up being cheaper to buy it fully assembled by them, rather than buy the parts from komplett/ebay/amazon.

But that was a one off I reckon, as I checked again recently and it's cheaper to buy from the websites and DIY

This happens with review machines - not so much with the demise of PC mags. Manufacturers used to sell PCs below cost price.

point taken may go for a pre build. if i was to build it meself for say 750 what specs could i expect??

what about using parts off this site ?? http://www.marxcomputers.ie/

Something like this

Item|Price
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€90.77
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€40.99
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€31.57
    Seagate Barracuda Spinpoint HD204UI 2TB SATA II|€97.64
    Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€67.76
    LG GH22NS50/70/90 bare schwarz|€17.78
    4GB Corsair Valueselect DDR3-1333 CL9|€19.44
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€111.64
    MSI R7850 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC, 2048MB DDR5, PCI-Express|€224.43
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€721.01

Which doesn't include windows. Could always drop the SSD which would leave enough in budget for windows

would need a i5 man

would need a i5 man
    For what reason?

Going for an i3 you're able to get a much better graphics card, which matters a lot more in gaming. The i3 isn't a bottleneck for the card.

If you get an i5 you'll have to drop back to a 6870 to keep in budget. That will cause your system to suffer more in gaming.

If you really want you can just upgrade to an i5 down the line

never heard fat gaphics ard in mme life .. whatd e a similar powered amd card?

.... that is an AMD card

srry man read the wrong line . i was thinkng of this prebuild: intel core I5 2320 ,4gb, 500gb AMD RADEON HD 6450 (1GB). its for 550. what you think of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

srry man read the wrong line . i was thinkng of this prebuild: intel core I5 2320 ,4gb, 500gb AMD RADEON HD 6450 (1GB). its for 550. what you think of it
    Is that from Argos? It's crap compared to the build above. You do know that for an extra 20 euro hardwareversand will build it for you.

for like 200 cheaper is it reali that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭M00lers

Yeah, its that bad, not a gaming PC at all!

i gete feeling ill end up building 1 at this rate. maybe ill just upgrade my current pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

You can build a PC just like the one you posted above for the same price when buying from hardwareversand. The only difference is the build from hwvs will be more upgradable as your PSU will be better/more future proof, the motherboard will have more upgrade options & features etc...

The advantage of building over buying a pre built gets smaller when buying such low power systems like the one you posted. When you really see the difference is when you start building more expensive machines. For your original budget of €750 you will get a much better PC if you build it rather than buying off the shelf.

Advertisement