Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum Fob

Options
  • 25-07-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey All,

Any one know how to program the fob on a HKC Quantum. My fob on has set and unset. The other buttons dont function.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Really ?? That's interesting . I though the quantum was just a compact version of the secure wave . Does the number 9 key on the fob toggle "lights on /off "??
    Try go into RF device options > key fob options .. You could also try deleting the fob and adding it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

inovo wrote: »
    Hey All,

Any one know how to program the fob on a HKC Quantum. My fob on has set and unset. The other buttons dont function.

ON, OFF, PGA, and PGB buttons should work by default once it it enrolled to the system. To have it set up for secure unset then you need to set this up in devices menu, RF devices menu, RF options menu, RF keyfob options. Set code unset to yes to unset using the code. Exit engineering. Press 0 then your user code to unset the alarm using the fob.

Try leaving the key fob alone for about a minute then try the 5/6 and 7/8 keys while the system is unset . If your fob is setup for code unset then pressing 0 turns the fob into a mini keypad and it will only unset the system when your code is entered and by pressing the keys the panel thinks you are trying to disarm the system with a code :-)

If the OP can unset the alarm by pressing the relevant off button once for off on the fob then it is not set up for secure unset ;)

Sorry altor :'-( haha
    What about if the panel isn't setup for 0#7 or 0#8 ?? Would the fob arm the system anyway??

• Advertisement

Sorry altor :'-( haha
    What about if the panel isn't setup for 0#7 or 0#8 ?? Would the fob arm the system anyway??

Yes, it will arm the system as it is set up by default.
    It wont inhibit any zone as this would have to be set up by the installer ;)

But even if it's not possible to arm 0#7 or 0#8 via the keypad ? Hmmmm what else could it be :/

But even if it's not possible to arm 0#7 or 0#8 via the keypad ? Hmmmm what else could it be :/

They are set up by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Thanks all. I'll try all of the above and report back. Thanks again. Very helpful indeed.

inovo wrote: »
    Thanks all. I'll try all of the above and report back. Thanks again. Very helpful indeed.
    Are you able to arm the system by entering 0#7 or 0#8 on the keypad ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement