Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Health Insurance Thread

Options
  • 25-07-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

Last year I got hammered by VHI with massive increase and i moved to Aviva. Paying around 900 for Level 2 hospital.

They have hiked it up now nearly 1200 quid and there is no chance in hell I am paying that.

I am 22 year old male, I am in perfect health and being a pilot i hold a Class 1 medical. I am not involved in any contact sport. I would would imagine insurance companies would love my "low risk profile" on their books to help pay for all the people that fit their "high risk" profile.

These fees are just absurd and really are forcing people away.

What makes it all worse is the number of plans and options. It is a complete joke and complete scam!! You can't compare and most of us can't even understand the difference so will go up rather then down out of pure fear of being to cheap and paying for the wrong one!!!:mad:

Something needs to be done:roll eyes:

The thoughts of spending the week looking at 100 "similar plans" across 3 or 4 companies is a disaster!

😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Last year I got hammered by VHI with massive increase and i moved to Aviva. Paying around 900 for Level 2 hospital.

They have hiked it up now nearly 1200 quid and there is no chance in hell I am paying that.

I am 22 year old male, I am in perfect health and being a pilot i hold a Class 1 medical. I am not involved in any contact sport. I would would imagine insurance companies would love my "low risk profile" on their books to help pay for all the people that fit their "high risk" profile.

These fees are just absurd and really are forcing people away.

What makes it all worse is the number of plans and options. It is a complete joke and complete scam!! You can't compare and most of us can't even understand the difference so will go up rather then down out of pure fear of being to cheap and paying for the wrong one!!!:mad:

Something needs to be done:roll eyes:

The thoughts of spending the week looking at 100 "similar plans" across 3 or 4 companies is a disaster!

The important bit is how many days are you living away from Ireland in a year and how many in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

total time approaching 6 months. Spend 5 out of 9 days abroad!

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

well it seems quite simple then you need a global plan...only one option with each company. A standard Irish policy would be no use in your case I would think...

Advertisement