Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac to reform in 2013

Options
  • 25-07-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

http://musicscene.ie/2012/07/fleetwood-mac-set-to-tour-again-in-2013/

Music Scene is delighted to reveal that plans are on the horizon for the legendary Fleetwood Mac reform to tour again in 2013! Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks confirmed the news in an interview with American news channel CBS earlier this week. Stating that Fleetwood Mac are already planning to reunite once she and Lindsey Buckingham complete their current solo touring schedules, Stevie Nicks said: “It’s the plan. Because that’s what we do. I do my thing. And Lindsey is out doing his thing now. Everybody’s on board.”

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, considering how iconic and popular this band remains. I'm delighted they'll regroup and am very hopeful they'll play a Irish gig. It's sad that Christine McVie never returned to the fold. I always preferred her to the highly talented but somewhat cold and aloof Stevie Nicks. Lindsey Buckingham is the most underrated guitarist ever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wouldn't class myself as a fan but loved a lot of their 70s and 80s stuff. Also like Nicks and Buckinghams solo stuff.

tbh not overly excited about the reformation. Will they ever do anything as good again? Who knows?

But agree about Buckingham, he is a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

NIMAN wrote: »
    tbh not overly excited about the reformation. Will they ever do anything as good again? Who knows?.
    Their last studio album from 2003, Say You Will, was excellent. Mind you that was crafted when Christine was still in the band. Hard to believe she's one year short of her 70th birthday, she doesn't look a day over 50. Still think there's one last good album left in them. Buckingham and Fleetwood have alluded to this in recent interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Wasn't aware they had split up.

EchoO wrote: »
    Wasn't aware they had split up.
    They toured last in 2009. Afterwards, they went their separate ways. Nicks and Buckingham concentrated on solo projects. John McVie and Mick Fleetwood did guest appearances with other artists like Dave Gilmour and Tom Petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Big fan of their 75-87 period work. Buckingham is one of my favourite guitarists, very underrated alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,891 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rumours album is one of my favs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Great news. I really hope they come to Ireland. Tickets were hugely expensive last time.

Great news. I really hope they come to Ireland. Tickets were hugely expensive last time.
    I would glady shell out €100+ to see them in action. Any opportunity to see classic bands like FM, the Stones, The Who, etc should never be passed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I was hoping it was the Peter Green era.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

Buckingham is underrated! I read that they were touring next year in NME. I really hope they come to Ireland!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 28 ping123

This is the first I've heard of this, brilliant if they do but honestly have my doubts!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

ping123 wrote: »
    This is the first I've heard of this, brilliant if they do but honestly have my doubts!

They have already announced a North American tour for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Catch 'em while you can, they ain't getting any younger!

'Say You Will' hasn't left my car since 2003, as well as - whisper it - 'Tusk'.

If I remember correctly when they toured last time, they announced the entire setlist to the press before the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

ping123 wrote: »
    They have already announced a North American tour for this year.
    Yup, it's not just rumours anymore....

ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

This isn't SECOND HAND NEWS!
    The RUMOURS are true!
    I'm not telling LITTLE LIES!
    This is not a MIRAGE!
    GO YOUR OWN WAY to the o2 on Friday 20th. September!
    DON'T STOP checking ticketmaster.ie!

Ok, I'll stop now.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Fleetwood-Mac-tickets/artist/735087?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_4_f1

Advertisement