Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange toilet behaviours

• 25-07-2012 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Ever notice how some people have strange things they like to do while going to the toilet? I know quite a few people like to do their business, and shower with no lights on, in the pitch dark.
    I never really understood why to be honest. (and before anybody makes a smart comment, you just notice these things when walking past the door etc, so shut up :p)

Another thing I have noticed people doing is refusing to close the door fully, which to be honest I find downright disgusting. They just leave it slightly ajar, no more than a cm or 2.

Something I find quite enjoyable is taking off my t-shirt and wristwatch. :o I dont always do it but Ive heard of others doing this too, so maybe I'm not alone.

So AH, have you any weird toiletry habbits you are willing to share with us?

Embarrassing thread? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Ever notice how some people have strange things they like to do while going to the toilet? I know quite a few people like to do their business, and shower with no lights on, in the pitch dark.
    I never really understood why to be honest. (and before anybody makes a smart comment, you just notice these things when walking past the door etc, so shut up :p)

Another thing I have noticed people doing is refusing to close the door fully, which to be honest I find downright disgusting. They just leave it slightly ajar, no more than a cm or 2.

Something I find quite enjoyable is taking off my t-shirt and wristwatch. :o I dont always do it but Ive heard of others doing this too, so maybe I'm not alone.

So AH, have you any weird toiletry habbits you are willing to share with us?

Embarrassing thread? :)

I shít you not !

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Something I find quite enjoyable is taking off my t-shirt and wristwatch. :o

What the fcuk to you be gettin' up to atall!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I only find it strange when I don't make it to the pot in time. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Poop in the shower and force it down the plughole with my big toe.

But really, for a #2, I take off my shoes and take one leg completely out of my pants, its more comfortable that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I prefer to use the cubicles.

I get stage-fright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

benwavner wrote: »
    Poop in the shower and force it down the plughole with my big toe.

Gah, Ive heard lots of people talking about ****ting and pissing in the shower. An act which is bloody manky imo. I prefer my wash area not to be splattered and smelling like faeces, also I dont particularly want shíte on my feet either.
    But really, for a #2, I take off my shoes and take one leg completely out of my pants, its more comfortable that way.

I hear ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

brummytom wrote: »

I get stage-fright.

I'm the opposite!

Although, sometimes I get weird looks for sh*tting in the urinals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I take off my t-shirt for the more challenging excretions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Gah, Ive heard lots of people talking about ****ting and pissing in the shower. An act which is bloody manky imo. I prefer my wash area not to be splattered and smelling like faeces, also I dont particularly want shíte on my feet either.

I agree. I have heard it mentioned before but cant imagine anyone doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

brummytom wrote: »

I get stage-fright.

you are whats known as a 'scuttler' because you scuttle off to the trap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Leaving the door ajar makes sense; if you need the use of a mirror, you leave the door open so the steam can dissipate. Or, top tip - smear the mirror with shaving foam, prior to showering, then, when you're done and are ready to shave, wipe the mirror clean of the shaving foam. HEY PRESTO! The mirror won't fog up and you can shave away. Ungrateful bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

First time a saw a daber i was surprised, I'm more of a shaker.

By that I mean after a male pees he uses a piece of toilet paper to dry it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

You probably don't want to know how much fecal matter is on your toothbrush if you leave it in the bathroom then...

ArseBurger wrote: »
    You probably don't want to know how much fecal matter is on your toothbrush if you leave it in the bathroom then...

Im actually well aware of that, but I think its a little bit, no, a lot different than dumping clumps of sticky shít briquettes on the floor of your shower, only to mash them down with your foot for them to fester in the drain for weeks on end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Leaving the door ajar makes sense; if you need the use of a mirror, you leave the door open so the steam can dissipate. Or, top tip - smear the mirror with shaving foam, prior to showering, then, when you're done and are ready to shave, wipe the mirror clean of the shaving foam. HEY PRESTO! The mirror won't fog up and you can shave away. Ungrateful bastards.

You shower then shave? WTF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

johnnykilo wrote: »

i often shave after a shower if i've missed a few days. find it far easier after the shower, maybe the hair is softened up a bit or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

i often shave after a shower if i've missed a few days. find it far easier after the shower, maybe the hair is softened up a bit or something

your pores were opened up in the hot air

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Them peoplemen who, at the urinals, open their belt completely and with some gusto then proceed to undo their fly all the way and appear to half undress.
    What's going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

your pores were opened up in the hot air
    makes sense, still a bit easier after a cold shower too tho

humberklog wrote: »
    Them peoplemen who, at the urinals, open their belt completely and with some gusto then proceed to undo their fly all the way and appear to half undress.
    What's going there.

I do that sometimes. Maybe its because their penises are bigger than yours and trying to shove it through a little zipper isnt very easy. :pac:

I jest, I jest!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I can take a pee anywhere but when having a number two, I must have a
    clean cubicle with a cold, clean tile floor so I can take off my clothes down to my undies and rest my bare feet on a cold floor. Don't ask why - it just feels reassuring for me taking a crap in a cool, clean environment.

Needless to say - unless I'm super desperate - I'm very fussy about my choice of toilet.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

humberklog wrote: »
    What's going there.

I do that because nearly all my pants have buttons instead of a zipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I have to go to Paul's house to have a shíte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Needless to say - unless I'm super desperate - I'm very fussy about my choice of toilet.:cool:
    Shitbreak, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

uch wrote: »
    I shít you not !

That line would have worked if the original post was yours, but it wasn't. So instead it looks retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I always push my knob downwards when I'm crapping so that any surprise piss goes in the bowl.

I don't know why exactly. My guess is as a kid, I was crapping and peed at the same time and it shot onto the floor or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I always push my knob downwards when I'm crapping so that any surprise piss goes in the bowl.

I don't know why exactly. My guess is as a kid, I was crapping and peed at the same time and it shot onto the floor or something.

I'd been doing this all my life. I only found out about 2 years ago that it wasn't normal practice after my mate walked in on another mate taking a dump and said "You push your dick down? What a bender!"

(I presume he was calling my friend a "bender" and not his penis)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I don't thinK people really sh!t in the shower.

P!ss is sterile, good for athletes foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,042 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Birneybau wrote: »

Male P!ss is sterile

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I've never shît in a public toilet before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Eathrin wrote: »

Really?
    But what if you have to go and there is no other choice?
    Kind of have to. Can't just run home, drop one and come back to finish the shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I only found out about 2 years ago that it wasn't normal practice

I only found out right now. WTF? Where else would you put it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

johnnykilo wrote: »

That's how you're supposed to do it man. You shower first to give your beard a good soaking; you'll get a better shave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

uch wrote: »
    I shít you not !

Just swallowed a ball of string! I **** you knot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I know quite a few people like to do their business, and shower with no lights on, in the pitch dark.
    I never really understood why to be honest.

I can just imagine it now, get on the 'pot', I take a dump with the lights off then somebody hits the light switch from outside and next thing I realise I'm actually sitting on the sink with a big brown Nike 'swoosh' in the plughole :o

• Advertisement

I like to have an early evening dump in the local around 6pm-ish every Saturday.....I refer to it as the 'mid session interval' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

either have i or in college for that matter! And i dont like doing it in other peoples houses!

Choose some nice ones to get you started. I heartily recommend The Westin hotel in Dublin, or the Merrion if you're passing. The Fitzwilliam was my city centre crapper of choice for a while, but I find the temperature too high in there these days. After all, it's unseemly to emerge from the cubicle covered in perspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Something I find quite enjoyable is taking off my t-shirt and wristwatch. :o

"cue cooing like a happy walrus"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Diapason wrote: »
    After all, it's unseemly to emerge from the cubicle covered in perspiration.

Lends some weight to your manly claim of performing the largest bowel movement known to man.

• Advertisement

either have i or in college for that matter! And i dont like doing it in other peoples houses!

Jaysus you used to be able to set your watch by my arse in College, always in for a early morning 'evacuation' at 10.05am after the first lecture....I was as regular as a Kennedy Funeral back then :D

you're all strange

Seriously though, where are people putting their knobs? Don't leave me dangling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I lived with a guy who couldn't aim his shìtes into the bowl to save his life.

Always got smears on the back of the toilet SEAT! :(

As for me, I don't last very long in a toilet. Never did that reading on the bowl or playing with the phone thing. Just get in, do my business and be out again in a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I flush with my elbow, not sure why.

kfallon wrote: »
    Jaysus you used to be able to set your watch by my arse in College, always in for a early morning 'evacuation' at 10.05am after the first lecture....I was as regular as a Kennedy Funeral back then :D

Nope i couldnt bring myself to do it! Too paranoid someone would here me :pac:

Nope i couldnt bring myself to do it! Too paranoid someone would here me :pac:

Courtesy flush ;)

Just beware the splashback :eek:

In other news, my bowels know the exact moment when the cleaner in the office has just finished the toilets. Doesn't matter what time she does it, she'll walk out and I'll walk in.

kfallon wrote: »
    Courtesy flush ;)

Just beware the splashback :eek:

splashback......*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

sitting on the toilet facing the cistern. you need to try it before you debunk it. Nice ledge to lean on. You can even nap for a bit. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement