Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice guys finish last?

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    And I'm not the moaner here, pal. :cool:

Nice guys love a good moaner. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    You keep telling yourself that. Don't worry Eve, I won't get on your tits anymore. :cool:
    In fairness man, that's not exactly true. You seem to bring back a lot of threads to this same point that all women only want tall, hung and great looking guys when it's been proved again and again with a lot of girls opinions here that that's not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'm not ranting, I'm describing my experiences. Sure its an unpopular opinion that some will disagree with, but I'm certainly not alone and I know many guys IRL that have the same opinion as myself.

This is real life. Where are they all? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Quorum wrote: »
    This is real life. Where are they all? :cool:

Showing their willies to strangers on Omegle.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Glenn_Flinn

Millicent wrote: »
    you ignored the first part of my point -- do you really think Irish culture encourages boastfulness?

I NEVER said Irish people are boastful, I said they're narcissistic, there's a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I NEVER said Irish people are boastful, I said they're narcissistic, there's a big difference.

Yourself included?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I'd like to think its just "Nice guys finish last".

But really I know its just because I'm a fvcking weirdo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Nice guys do finish last a lot of the time. There can be multiple reasons for this:

They're fugly
    Awkward
    They smell
    No confidence
    Too sensitive
    Not funny

Its possible to be none of the above and nice. Its great I'm tellin ya!

:P

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Showing their willies to strangers on Omegle.

Do you watch many of them? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Do you watch many of them? :D

No. Do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

yer missing a treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I hope this isn't true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well define nice guys? If a guy is contasntly trying to be friends with a girl thats all he will be seen as. Throw in the odd flirty comment early before you start acting like the brother she never had!

Why do people fear the friend zone so much? There are definite ways to make it work. Depends on the friendship, but you could have always had a flirty sort of friendship that could go somewhere if you wanted to steer it there.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Why do people fear the friend zone so much? There are definite ways to make it work. Depends on the friendship, but you could have always had a flirty sort of friendship that could go somewhere if you wanted to steer it there.

There are ways to make it work but its making things tougher for yourself!

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Definitely. I think it's stupid to sit back and and let it happen when you want more, but worse comes to worst, it's not the end of the world.

Definitely. I think it's stupid to sit back and and let it happen when you want more, but worse comes to worst, it's not the end of the world.

Well If I become friends with a girl I like I back off to be honest. I know it seems cruel but feck it. You only live once and I dont believe in being friends with a girl im sexually attracted to. Ill always want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vores

I'd probably consider myself a nice guy, and to be honest I don't really mind finishing last. Helping other people and making them happy is what makes me happy really. And since that makes me happy, I'm not really fussed one way or the other if that means I'm "finishing last" :pac:

Although saying that, lately I seem to be attracting girls that are well, the opposite to me if I can call myself a "nice guy". Bit strange for someone like me, considering I'm the kind of guy that loves the general closeness of a committed relationship (yep, you heard me!). For example, a friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that she was going to start talking to me less because she was developing feelings for me while with a boyfriend that she didn't want to leave. She didn't ever start talking to me less, instead started to flirt with me a lot, and say things that... Well let's just say I'm kind of filling up with guilt from all the things she says to me while she has a boyfriend... =\

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

steddyeddy wrote: »

Couldn't agree more, best to set the tone flirty from the beginning. Once she sees you as a friend it's usually not worth the effort getting out of the friend zone. You're at - 20. Just start off at 0 with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

so nice guys let girls finish first? where's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

and Im the most narcisstic, I teach narcissism Im that good at it. I was narcisstic before I could walk, narcisstic people come to me for advice on how to preen

now whats this ballix about boasting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gauss wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, best to set the tone flirty from the beginning. Once she sees you as a friend it's usually not worth the effort getting out of the friend zone. You're at - 20. Just start off at 0 with someone else.

Yes, but you know these things rarely work out as planned. 'Well, I preferred X, but Y was the easier catch so I settled' isn't something you hear, although people have been known to lie about these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Vores wrote: »
    I'd probably consider myself a nice guy, and to be honest I don't really mind finishing last. Helping other people and making them happy is what makes me happy really. And since that makes me happy, I'm not really fussed one way or the other if that means I'm "finishing last" :pac:

Although saying that, lately I seem to be attracting girls that are well, the opposite to me if I can call myself a "nice guy". Bit strange for someone like me, considering I'm the kind of guy that loves the general closeness of a committed relationship (yep, you heard me!). For example, a friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that she was going to start talking to me less because she was developing feelings for me while with a boyfriend that she didn't want to leave. She didn't ever start talking to me less, instead started to flirt with me a lot, and say things that... Well let's just say I'm kind of filling up with guilt from all the things she says to me while she has a boyfriend... =\

Or she is using you as a crutch in a dying relationship .

I used to be like this in a way.

Too put it simply, I cut out the fairying around the place and stopped been used to provide the emotional side of someones relationship while not getting the fruits so to speak. Also taken a break from dating and just playing it as it comes and to be honest I am better off, I have the rest of my life to find someone who loves me just as much as I love them. I was wasting energy with these people who get an ego boost of someone falling at there every move. Tell her to take a hike or get with ye, you'll find yourself without someone to text.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

ehmjay wrote: »
    Anyone ever watch Take me Out? In the English version the girls were up for a laugh, if a guy came on and he was handsome he'd get wolf-whistles, the works, none of the girls minded admitting if they found a guy attractive, there was friendly banter. In the Irish version it was all about the put-downs, god forbid a girl admitted to liking a guy and he didn't pick her, it was like the girls were trying to out-bich each other and you just felt sorry for the Irish guys.

I think a certain percentage of Irish girls just fear rejection and cut a guy down very quickly to be in the Alpha position of power.

When the guy comes back and tries again she knows she owns him and has him by the balls.

I don't agree with previous posters saying Polish, Slovak girls etc are more friendly, nicer, easier to talk to and so on, but I do agree that they are less controlling.

I worked with a good share of Polish, Slovak, Czech guys before and the one thing I noticed is that they are not anywhere near as whipped by their partners as Irish guys are.

Majority of them can go out, do their thing, have a bit of freedom that alot of Irish guys working me couldn't.

They would have to beg to go out, do all kind of favours, make promises what time to come back, needed notice to do anything etc.

Majority of Eastern European lads you could ask them at 6 in the evening after work to meet you for indoor soccer at 8, to go the pub at 9, to go to a mates to watch boxing at 11 and they would always agree.

Irish lads with long term partners like those lads would visibly shake at being asked such a question, a thousand thoughts would go through their minds.

Maybe it was just the place I worked, maybe it's the opposite for others.

RoverZT wrote: »
    I think a certain percentage of Irish girls just fear rejection and cut a guy down very quickly to be in the Alpha position of power.

When the guy comes back and tries again she knows she owns him and has him by the balls.
    Here we go again! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Like a young foal, you need to approach from the rear so as not to startle them, this gives you the upper hand , and allows you to mount them easier.

But in reality, nice guys me arse ... Smart guy's make sure the girl finishes first a few dozen times, then you have her do what ever you want !!

That way a repeat performance is guaranteed unless she's useless, and if so, you can keep her on the reserve list..

Like a young foal, you need to approach from the rear so as not to startle them, this gives you the upper hand , and allows you to mount them easier.

But in reality, nice guys me arse ... Smart guy's make sure the girl finishes first a few dozen times, then you have her do what ever you want !!

That way a repeat performance is guaranteed unless she's useless, and if so, you can keep her on the reserve list..
    Ah, you old charmer you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I don't agree with previous posters saying Polish, Slovak girls etc are more friendly, nicer, easier to talk to and so on, but I do agree that they are less controlling.

I worked with a good share of Polish, Slovak, Czech guys before and the one thing I noticed is that they are not anywhere near as whipped by their partners as Irish guys are.

Majority of them can go out, do their thing, have a bit of freedom that alot of Irish guys working me couldn't.

They would have to beg to go out, do all kind of favours, make promises what time to come back, needed notice to do anything etc.

Majority of Eastern European lads you could ask them at 6 in the evening after work to meet you for indoor soccer at 8, to go the pub at 9, to go to a mates to watch boxing at 11 and they would always agree.

Irish lads with long term partners like those lads would visibly shake at being asked such a question, a thousand thoughts would go through their minds.

Actually, I have noticed it's an irish couple thing. Both partners seem to have to compulsivly check with the other half to make sure it's ok if they do something.
    But guys are worse at it. I think it's half the guys fault. They're pussies and afraid of offending the girlfriend/missus. And half of it is the woman's fault. Irish women in relationships can be quite controling.

The problem is that it's extremely difficult for an average Irish guy to get a relationship/sex, so when he does get one he'll do anything not to lose it, including becoming whipped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

The reserve list hahaha..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I used to go out with nothing but bad boys(too many years ago to mention) but I married a 'nice guy'. Or thats what other people think of him but I know the wee devil inside him;)

The problem is that it's extremely difficult for an average Irish guy to get a relationship/sex, so when he does get one he'll do anything not to lose it, including becoming whipped.
    Stop speaking on behalf of everyone. I know plenty of normal lads, myself included, that do just fine. Whatever issues you have are your own and by no means are all other guys experiencing the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Seriously? I have never been with a man who allowed himself to be whipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Seriously? I have never been with a man who allowed himself to be whipped.

Wel, not in the way Glenn means it:rolleyes:

Madam wrote: »

People aren't mind readers. If you want it, you have to ask for it! :pac:

Madam wrote: »

Plenty of spanking, no whipping ;) - maybe they were too nice?

I don't care, a bit of light S&M is hot! :p

I'm not talking full on BDSM though, there's a difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

You need some proper catholic guilt in your life thats your problem...:pac:

Stop speaking on behalf of everyone. I know plenty of normal lads, myself included, that do just fine. Whatever issues you have are your own and by no means are all other guys experiencing the same thing.

Aren't you the guy who admits openly to being gay? Then how are you relevant to this? There are plenty of the pervs out there who'll go with anyone. It's not like being straight at all

• Advertisement

Snowie wrote: »
    You need some proper catholic guilt in your life thats your problem...:pac:
    I'm going to confession and will then flagellate myself for the rest of the evening!

Aren't you the guy who admits openly to being gay? Then how are you relevant to this? There are plenty of the pervs out there who'll go with anyone. It's not like being straight at all
    He's bisexual and has straight male friends who are able to meet women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

But given that there are approximately equal numbers of Isih men and women of each generation there must logically be just as many available women as there are men - unless some guys are building up giant harems of women and so taking them out of play, relationship-wise.

As many others have said, most people ( men and women ) can find somebody to at least go out with a few times unless their standards are unrealistically high, or they have a personality so unpleasant that most of the other sex would rather stay celibate than give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

-
    leggo wrote: »
    ...There's nothing worse than a girl licking your arse...

Ah there is Ted...

-

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You keep re-regging but no-one ever agrees with what you say, and you've never come close to convincing someone to changing their mind.

Why don't you take your self-loathing somewhere else? Try to find some forum with lots of pathetic men who hate themselves but can't bring themselves to admit it, and blame women for their perceived failing instead.

Stop pissing people off here because that's all you're doing with your nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The problem is that it's extremely difficult for me to get a relationship/sex because I'm so hate-filled and nuts that I'm hardly a "catch" - however, instead of working on my thought processes, I'll just blame everyone else, particularly women and Jews.
    FYP.

Aren't you the guy who admits openly to being gay? Then how are you relevant to this?
    Yeah, I'm open about being gay but I do still get with girls the odd time and have been with them in the past. Not to mention I have a close group of straight lad friends who are open about all this, like all guys are with girls to each other.
    So along with some common sense from being out and my own experiences, I have damn good perspective on things and I can honestly say what you're describing is so far from the reality of things.

And because I'm gay wouldn't that make me the best judge of a man?
    I'm going to be honest with you here, based off your past posts and even about the one about Irish men and the size of their package, I can easily see you're a guy with many chips on his shoulders and are a whinger looking to justify himself by throwing down on everyone around him instead of sorting out the mindset.
    You'll get a lot more done by cutting out the bitterness, stepping back and looking at yourself instead of shifting the blame around on Irish women and even onto Irish men.
    There are plenty of the pervs out there who'll go with anyone. It's not like being straight at all
    And you'd know how it's not like being straight like you know how all Irish women and men operate?
    I've known both ways and that can be said about being straight or gay.
    Clearly that's another deluded perception you have going for you if you think all gay men are "pervs" that will get with anyone. Spiteful/jealous much?
    He's bisexual and has straight male friends who are able to meet women.
    Well, I'm more in between gay and bi :D I'm much more attracted to men and I'll look for relationships with them, which I wouldn't with women, but I still find girls attractive and depending on what I'm feeling, I'll get with them.

Sexuality is very fluid and I don't worry about labels because it would only wreck my head trying to categorise myself when my attraction to women alternates between being low or pretty high depending.
    I'd always choose the guy over the girl though, but would gladly take both given the chance! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

There are plenty of the pervs out there who'll go with anyone.

Delightful.
    It's not like being straight at all

If he can't speak about what it's like in the 'straight' world, how exactly do you feel you can speak of what it's like in the gay world?
    You keep re-regging

Can we say who the re-reg was previously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Too many. Pathtohome was one. Total lunacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Delightful.

If he can't speak about what it's like in the 'straight' world, how exactly do you feel you can speak of what it's like in the gay world?

Madam_X wrote: »
    Too many. Pathtohome was one. Total lunacy.

johnjoe7 and issem were others, but yeah, there's too many to remember. It's very easy to recognise his posting style though.

Advertisement