Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After the UPC upgraded to 30Mb my gaming ping is higher

• 25-07-2012 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello

Ive noticed that after the recent upc upgraded me to the 30Mb package my ganing performance is decrease. My location is Cork City area, using upc 30Mb.

The ping to the same BF3 server in Germany is about 40-45 (before is about 30-35) but however while ingame I dont feel like it only 5-10 ping higher as it give me a feeling that I am playing in a 80-100 ping server...Its not just happening to one server but every server and every games that I am playing (MP).

Later on I did a quick speedtest in speedtest.net

To Cork the ping is about 35 and the down speed is about 22Mb, up speed is 3.3Mb

To Dublin (All 3) the avg ping is about 47 and the down speed is about 17Mb, up speed is 3.1Mb

And so I take another speed test from upc ie and it said my down speed is 32Mb and up speed is 3.5Mb

All the other downloading speed is fine (slightly improve than before.) just the gaming problem.

Anyone have a similar problem? or you guys have some other suggestion?

Addtional info, my router is the one it come with the 15Mb package 3 years ago.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Are you connecting your pc to the router wirelessly or with an ethernet cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

Are you connecting your pc to the router wirelessly or with an ethernet cable?
    with an ethernet cable

Advertisement