Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refworks Help

Options
  • 19-07-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi Just starting out,

Trying to get to grips with the software before i begin research and writing. I'm using Refworks at the moment and i managed to get Cite N Write to work with windows 2012. However i can't manage to get RefGrab-it to work with Firefox. I have it in my bookmarks toolbar but it won't do anything, i have spent days with this, i up dated firefox then down dated it to a previous version nothing. I have tried the plug-in version of RefGrab-It for firefox that wouldn't work either and it won't work from my bookmarks toolbar.

Any ideas.

Evelyn.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Windows 2012? Do you mean Office 2012?
    All these applications and extensions seem like a lot of hassle when you can just grab bibtex entries from most journals for any decent reference manager.

IMHO I would advise you not to use Word and opt for LaTeX when it comes to academic writing. A small bit of learning now will serve you a lot better down the road when it comes to preparing manuscripts for journals and conferences and particular for your thesis. I find Word to be a clumsy, clunky way to write, but others here will disagree.

Advertisement