Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Football Club

• 25-07-2012 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi All,

Long time lurker and haven't posted very often but ye seem like a knowledgeable sort. I've recently been press ganged into becoming secretary of a local (Irish) Football (Assoc) club. Finances are tight this year as every year and we need lots of the following:

Training gear (balls, bibs, cones)
    New kits
    Medical supplies

I've been looking around for a few weeks now as the funds haven't been available and have found some good prices in both the Stg and Eur zones but as i'm new to this i'm unsure of the quality of some of the stuff. For example, has anyone ever used these training footballs http://www.sportsballshop.co.uk/acatalog/Precision-Training-Vortex-Training-Football.html ?

If anyone has any info or can give me feedback on quality it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. If anyone has any good fundraising ideas it would be more than helpful....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

if you'll pardon the pun, join the club. people dont realise how much it takes to run a local club. where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 i_see_a_darknes

Based in Wexford. And in a GAA hotbed too so interest is not what it might be from the patrons.

It's expensive, difficult, time consuming, soul destroying at times but easily the most worthwhile thing i've done in years (which is a sad indictment mind).

Based in Wexford. And in a GAA hotbed too so interest is not what it might be from the patrons.

It's expensive, difficult, time consuming, soul destroying at times but easily the most worthwhile thing i've done in years (which is a sad indictment mind).

i know the feeling i run a club myself and we're in the shadow of a club thats been on the go for years they get everything handed to them we have to work our arse off for scraps, only this week we lost 3 of our schoolboy managers who were managing good little sides to this club and the managers brought most of the kids they were managing with them its fvcking heart breaking you can trust nobody

Yep, funny thing is that if you have no success then no one cares. As soon as you start getting results then the vultures start circling.

For me it's all about the young lads and lassies. As long as they enjoy it and learn to play and love the game then we're doing what we set out to do. Of course if they can do that and win a few games as well then happy days.

If you can get the right people involved then your job is so much easier but sometimes getting people involved at all is the best that you can do.

Yep, funny thing is that if you have no success then no one cares. As soon as you start getting results then the vultures start circling.

For me it's all about the young lads and lassies. As long as they enjoy it and learn to play and love the game then we're doing what we set out to do. Of course if they can do that and win a few games as well then happy days.

If you can get the right people involved then your job is so much easier but sometimes getting people involved at all is the best that you can do.

you have to be very careful who you get, i had a guy i made secretary a couple of years back he was managing the third team himself two years ago, last year he fvcked off to set his own team up it turned out he was skimming money all the time to do this, end result his new team only lasted one season and finished bottom of their league hes now managing another local side. then as i mentioned the three managers that left us during the week as it happened they were also on the committee so like i said trust nobody. as of now its really only myself that does anything, i have two other friends of mine who are also on the committee but tbh they dont really do a whole lot

• Advertisement

Can be a thankless task alright. And loyalty is a 4 letter word to some people.

You're due a bit of good luck anyway so I hope it works out for you and your club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Hi All,

Long time lurker and haven't posted very often but ye seem like a knowledgeable sort. I've recently been press ganged into becoming secretary of a local (Irish) Football (Assoc) club. Finances are tight this year as every year and we need lots of the following:

Training gear (balls, bibs, cones)
    New kits
    Medical supplies

I've been looking around for a few weeks now as the funds haven't been available and have found some good prices in both the Stg and Eur zones but as i'm new to this i'm unsure of the quality of some of the stuff. For example, has anyone ever used these training footballs http://www.sportsballshop.co.uk/acatalog/Precision-Training-Vortex-Training-Football.html ?

If anyone has any info or can give me feedback on quality it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. If anyone has any good fundraising ideas it would be more than helpful....

Hi,

try here too for balls: http://www.sportsfront.co.uk - we used them for bibs (hurling team) earlier this year. Postage is expensive but quality was good (contrary to the ****e website). You'll have to ring to order I think.

On the Precision stuff. The only product I've seen/used from that brand name was water bottles, which were good quality in fairness. We can do balls but would be a good bit more expensive than this (quality is good though).

New Kits, I'll send you a PM. We're planning on launching a new brand in the next few weeks called Rocco Sportswear and can do kits (socks, shorts and jersey) for around €400. Kits are top quality, much better than a lot of what's going around at the moment (if I do say so myself).

Medical bag: http://directsoccer.co.uk/acatalog/medical.html - Good website which I ordered water bottles from earlier this year. Quality of water bottle not great though (although this was down to throwing them 20 and 30 yards and them hitting the ground rather than anything else). I actually dropped my own GAA club Juvenile medical bag in to be refilled today and reckon it's going to cost the bones of €50 to do. We also got cones from these earlier in the year and they're decent enough quality.

Fundraising: Check out http://www.loveyourclub.ie/ and https://www.facebook.com/loveyourclub (I'm involved in this so hope it's OK. We only launched it within the last two weeks and the club that we have in it from the start has earned over €60 already [GAA club]).
    We're aimed at GAA clubs but can also cater for soccer clubs and have recently signed up one of the biggest clubs in Irish Junior Soccer at the moment (Carrick United AFC from the Waterford league) - their site will be live before the week is out). We've another 3 GAA clubs signed up waiting for their sites to go live in the next week or so. The idea behind it is that the club gets a percentage of all sales (15%). The products are aimed at supporters and are a massive hit with female supporters especially as they aren't really catered for when it comes to club gear in 99% of clubs throughout the country. The iPhone covers are flying out the door too. There's no set up costs and no contracts so it costs the club nothing to try it for a few months. If it doesn't work, they can stop it. Even if it only pays for a bit of training gear for the year, it's worthwhile as it's getting supporters wearing and buying club products which leads to a greater loyalty towards the club itself. PM me if anybody wants more details.

Hope the above helps and I'll send on a PM in the next few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Looder - i'd be interested in that PM too if u dont mind!!

Ta vm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

alproctor wrote: »
    Looder - i'd be interested in that PM too if u dont mind!!

Ta vm.
    PM Sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Mod note:

According to the forum charter, there are no soccer threads in the sports forum. Please contact a mod from the soccer forum to request access to discuss soccer issues in that forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Again as with other threads that were moved here, I am closing this as the OP does not have enough posts to even request access to Soccer and therefore will not be responding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement