Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi Fi Westport - Dublin train

Options
  • 25-07-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anybody know if this is yet available?

If so, how does one access it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Wasn't when I travelled on it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

According to Irish Rail, it is. Announcement.
    Connecting to Free WiFi on Iarnród Éireann Intercity services

Connection to the system is easy, with on-screen assistance for customers on board. Simply turn on your laptop, connect to 'IRISHRAIL- WIFI' and open your internet brower.

Customers who encounter any problems can call the WiFi Support team on 0818 333 388 (Monday-Friday 06.00 - 23.00) or email support@fleetconnect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Was working when I was on the train a few weeks ago , though wasn't 100% reliable - You had to submit your e-mail address to access it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

gustavo wrote: »
    Was working when I was on the train a few weeks ago , though wasn't 100% reliable - You had to submit your e-mail address to access it also.

surely a precaution incase anyone is up to no good with it.

a@b.com usually does for such things :D

Its available on the Westport - Dublin Train.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Many thanks guys for the prompt and helpful replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I was on the train to Dublin 2 days ago and was working all the way. Great stuff it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

Train has wifi alright. I didn't realise it until I was nearly in Westport :mad:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's not up to much. I tried it for a while at the weekend, then realised it only worked where there is mobile coverage, so I turned it off and just used the mobile connection instead - which worked better. Shame, really.

Advertisement