Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are UPC launching the BBC Olympic channels?

• 25-07-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knew if UPC were going to support the dedicated Olympic channels that BBc have set up to cover the Olympcs,
    I see that Sky will host the complete 24 channels.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

UPC won't be carrying the channels, they said so on twitter. The channels will also only be available on the red button on Sky and only in SD via other channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

An Tarbh wrote: »
    UPC won't be carrying the channels, they said so on twitter. The channels will also only be available on the red button on Sky and only in SD via other channels.
    In any case I suspect UPC would probably have capacity issues trying to accommodate 24 new channels. Worth noting that RTE plan to have 12 Live HD streams available via the RTE website alongside their TV coverage. This is 7 more then the last Olympics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

You'll also be able to get all the EBU broadcasters streams (bar the country you're in at the time) and the EBU themselves on their website which will be HD as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

This to me annoys me , would much prefer proper interactive bbc than this on demand crack , am sure we will got it but it will be more likely be for the 2020 Olympics !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

I see BBCHD on UPC are showing the opening ceremony in 3D ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Coverage of the Olympics on RTÉ Two (HD) BBC One (HD), BBC Three, BBC HD, and Eurosport. If that isn't enough for you, www.eurovisionsports.tv has twelve live streams, the main feeds of every EBU broadcaster, and there's more on RTÉ.ie.

The above is all very well but today am in someone's house who has sky and just realise the convenience of the red button on bbc , it's brilliant to be fair and UPC have had long enough to get their asses together on this subject !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

icdg wrote: »
    Coverage of the Olympics on RTÉ Two (HD) BBC One (HD), BBC Three, BBC HD, and Eurosport. If that isn't enough for you, www.eurovisionsports.tv has twelve live streams, the main feeds of every EBU broadcaster, and there's more on RTÉ.ie.

And every other channel will probably be showing chick flicks and repeats of Sex and the City for the duration :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

If i wanted to go back and watch an Olympic event that happened this morning can i do it? either online or elsewhere?

I just want to go back and have a look at the shooting competition. I see you can do it in the U.S.A at www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html and i think in the U.K on the BBC website but these are not available here.

Thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

restive wrote: »
    If i wanted to go back and watch an Olympic event that happened this morning can i do it? either online or elsewhere?

I just want to go back and have a look at the shooting competition. I see you can do it in the U.S.A at www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html and i think in the U.K on the BBC website but these are not available here.

Thanks for any replies.

Try rte player

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

RTE stream some events live, but you cannot use the rte player to go back and look at an full event that happened this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Infoanon

decies wrote: »
    The above is all very well but today am in someone's house who has sky and just realise the convenience of the red button on bbc , it's brilliant to be fair and UPC have had long enough to get their asses together on this subject !!

Agree - the interactive button on BBC is brilliant for sport fans in general and the Olympics coverage today - 24 feeds ! - has put the coverage on a different plain compared to UPC.

Even the free sat lads are boasting you can add all those bbc streams to your box .

Advertisement