Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of my baby leg is shorter

Options
  • 25-07-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I notice that one of my baby legs is shorter and she don't like to put weight on it. She is 7 months old. We inform the nurse at the health center and she confirm that and directed us to a Dr in one of the health center in my area. The Dr checked her hip and said all was fine that maybe when she get older it will be ok,But she said we should go for X-ray to be very sure about the hip. i am kind of worried now. I just want know if anyone here as similar problem and if it can be corrected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we bring our son to the chiropractor every 3 months for an adjustment.
    it could be just that something is out of place.
    We started bringing him at 3 months.The birth itself can put bones out of place.

Note:
    I am in no way advising or recommending this practice only relating my experience in line with boards policy of not giving medical advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I had problems with my hip from birth which resulted in a difference in the length of my legs. I initially had prescribed inserts in my shoes until I was old enough to have surgery and the surgery corrected the length of my leg.

It was a pretty big operation but I've had no problems since and that was a good 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have a look at this thread, there's loads of information on it - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056017665

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

we bring our son to the chiropractor every 3 months for an adjustment.
    it could be just that something is out of place.
    We started bringing him at 3 months.The birth itself can put bones out of place.

Forget about chiropractors and other quackery. I'd be doing what my doctor suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

MrCreosote wrote: »
    Forget about chiropractors and other quackery. I'd be doing what my doctor suggested.

And that's your opinion.
    I just said what we did and was not offering any medical advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

And that's your opinion.
    I just said what we did and was not offering any medical advice.

By even posting what you did you're suggesting the chiropractor is an option.

All I'm saying is that there's no way a chiropractor should do any "adjustments" on an infant ahead of getting a proper doctor to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I ended up with 3 slipped discs in my neck from a chiropractic manipulation so I would second the advice not to take the risk with this sort of thing. Not going to get into a debate about it - it happened to me 5 years ago and I still have a lot of pain despite surgery and repeated nerve blocks etc.

Back to the op - my baby's leg was a bit shorter at her 3 month check but has grown down now. Apparently its very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 johnkenn

I am waiting on the scan result and then the Dr will decide what next to do. thanks all for the message

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just to reiterate the warnings about chiropractors; you do *not* need a qualification to call yourself a chiropractor; it is not a regulated practice as it is not a medically valid one.
    according to ben goldacre, the canadian version of the HSE has estimated that 20% of strokes in young people are due to chiropractic visits.

Advertisement