Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shorts for under dress

• 25-07-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

I got a dress recently that has jagged edges at the bottom, some of the material is see-through, I was clearly taller than the model wearing it coz the see-through bits go up too far on me and as a result I'm flashing my bum a bit :o I'm thinking some kind of shorts for under it would be good, I would need ones that wouldn't show through my dress though. Otherwise some light, short leggings. My dress is an olive green but I don't have to limit myself to getting something in that colour although that would be preferable. Anyone know of anywhere that is good for stuff like that? Already been on the american apparel site, the olive ones here are the same colour as my dress but those are way too short. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

Without having seen the dress it sounds like maybe some leggings underneath may be the way to go. In the past with black dresses I've used a kind of slip / lingerie thing underneath, but I don't know what to say about an olive dress other than the leggings route. Would some patterned tights even do the trick I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

would love recommendations on this too. I am looking for soemthing like bicycle shorts or shorts with legging type material to wear under dresses. need them as my thighs are fat and rub together and get quite sore and get a rash. I would wear tights here in Ireland with dresses but going on holidays soon so need advice asap. Tried Next Dunnes and awear but they had nothing. might just have to buy leggings and cut them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Terri26 wrote: »
    would love recommendations on this too. I am looking for soemthing like bicycle shorts or shorts with legging type material to wear under dresses. need them as my thighs are fat and rub together and get quite sore and get a rash. I would wear tights here in Ireland with dresses but going on holidays soon so need advice asap. Tried Next Dunnes and awear but they had nothing. might just have to buy leggings and cut them

Terri, you can buy stuff called Bodyglide that would stop chaffing, you can get it in a good sports shop

body-glide.jpg

thanks for both those suggestions. do you think they body glide would work as I find it so sore not wearing tights etc under dresses? thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

and what good sports shops would have them? assume you don't mean chains like Champion Sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Terri26 wrote: »
    and what good sports shops would have them? assume you don't mean chains like Champion Sports?

I don't think champion do it, but I have a feeling elverys do. Runners use it, so if I was doing a race and wearing short shorts I'd put it on my inner thighs. I think it would work for your problem.

thanks dotcomdolly! I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorita

penneys, 4 euro....cycle shorts with a lace trim. perfect!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

that sounds good ^^

anyway I picked up some short leggings in forever 21, same colour as my dress \o/ Actually they had loads of browns/greens to choose from and they were under a fiver :)

• Advertisement

thanks for teh Pennys suggestion. i went into Blanch and didnt see them and a worker told me to look in the work-out gear section so picked out a couple of those. hope they work as they were bulkier than I was looking for. will try another Pennys if I get a chance!.

Advertisement