Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing DOE with Damaged Window (Help Wanted)

Options
  • 25-07-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

The front window of my camper is damaged (ie the window for the double bed area above the drivers cabin). There are bits cracked off around the perimeter of the glass frame (ie its rectangular appearance is dented).
    As far as I know, It will be quite expensive to replace as it will involve sending the original window by courier to England and then having the replacement window couriered back.

I am about to do the DOE for the camper and have some questions.
    • Is this likely to be failed at the DOE. If yes, would it most likely be a compulsory fail or only an advisory fail (ie something you can change at your discretion).
    • Is there anything I can do with the window beforehand to minimise the chance of the tester noticing. I was thinking of putting black tape underneath the broken off areas to give the window the appearance of being fully rectangular.
    Any pointers on how to get around this problem at minimum expense would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance for all Responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

It shouldn't fail as long as the window has the proper markings on it. The damage doesn't sound too bad. I would not try to cover it up with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Rather than risk a fail why not pop in to centre where you are going to get it tested, beforehand, and, if they're friendly the way the people are in the place I use, just ask their opinion.

You've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I'd clean it up with a file so it's not sharp and put it in for test you have 21 days to fix it and get a retest, if it's an inspection then it's free if they need to use a lane they charge about 27 euros I think.

They may let it go and fail you for something else! But good lucl

Advertisement