Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get a cable moved ..... for months now

Options
  • 25-07-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

A few months ago we contacted Eircom about getting a cable moved off a chimney that was in danger of falling.

Before someone called it got so dangerous that we had to suspend the cable and remove the dangerous blockwork

Everything works fine and when the Eircom man called he suggested bringing the cable in elsewhere and asked that we run a cable inside the house to allow for this

The cable is ran but we can't get him to come and do the job

He left us his mobile number and he does answer it when I ring (or if he's on holidays he does leave an alternative contact) but nobody is coming to do the job

They said it'll cost €100 for this and I had no problem with that but in now getting well and truly p!ssed off waiting

If I didn't need the landline I'd be telling Eircom where to go at this stage

Is there any other way of contacting Eircom other than these mobiles or that annoying automated answering service?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Cerbera wrote: »
    A few months ago we contacted Eircom about getting a cable moved off a chimney that was in danger of falling.

Before someone called it got so dangerous that we had to suspend the cable and remove the dangerous blockwork

Everything works fine and when the Eircom man called he suggested bringing the cable in elsewhere and asked that we run a cable inside the house to allow for this

The cable is ran but we can't get him to come and do the job

He left us his mobile number and he does answer it when I ring (or if he's on holidays he does leave an alternative contact) but nobody is coming to do the job

They said it'll cost €100 for this and I had no problem with that but in now getting well and truly p!ssed off waiting

If I didn't need the landline I'd be telling Eircom where to go at this stage

Is there any other way of contacting Eircom other than these mobiles or that annoying automated answering service?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Cerbera,

Apologies for the hassle you've had trying to get this issue resolved. I will look into this for you and chase it with our repairs section. Could you PM me with your address, eircom account number and a mobile contact number please. I'll check with the team in here and see what the problem is.

Thanks

James

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

PM sent.

Thanks.

PM sent.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for PM. Have sent some emails to get to the bottom of this for you so I will hopefully have a reply for you tomorrow. Will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

James

Thanks.

I can't find the customer number but I'll get my glamourous assistant to get it for me tomorrow and I'll PM it to you.

Thanks.

I can't find the customer number but I'll get my glamourous assistant to get it for me tomorrow and I'll PM it to you.

Hi Cerbera,

I got the PM you sent earlier, thanks for that. Got a reply to my email from the area manager about this today stating that someone will be in contact early next week to get this sorted for you. If you don't hear anything by Wed. let me know and I'll chase it further. Let us know how it goes for you and if you need anything else get in touch here and we'll pass it on for you.

Regards

James

• Advertisement

Great stuff.

Thanks.

This job was done today.

Thanks for the help in getting it sorted, much appreciated.

This job was done today.

Thanks for the help in getting it sorted, much appreciated.

You beat me to it! Just got an email saying job done so came here to let you know. Glad it's sorted now anyway and apologies again for the delays you had. Any problems let me know.

James

Advertisement