Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKYPE message history - IPOD 4g

Options
  • 25-07-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hello,

wonder if anyone can tell me how long SKYPE Instant messages remain (is there a setting somewhere on the IPOD 4G, in SKYPE etc) 'alive'.

Also, is there anyway to extract them individually or all (I assumed a log file somewhere.. :rolleyes:). At the moment, presuming the message is still viewable (alive), you can scroll up & up & up, getting one screen at a time - very labour intensive when viewing a long chat session. If I could extract, it would make it so much simpler.

thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Greenview wrote: »
    Hello,

wonder if anyone can tell me how long SKYPE Instant messages remain (is there a setting somewhere on the IPOD 4G, in SKYPE etc) 'alive'.

Also, is there anyway to extract them individually or all (I assumed a log file somewhere.. :rolleyes:). At the moment, presuming the message is still viewable (alive), you can scroll up & up & up, getting one screen at a time - very labour intensive when viewing a long chat session. If I could extract, it would make it so much simpler.

thanks!

I haven't used skype on an ipod so I can't tell you exactly. There is a "Keep history" option under Setting, you can select 'Forever' if you want to keep messages.

Its a lot easier to use a pc to check the messages.

What I would suggest is to end a chat, and create another one every now and again.

Advertisement