Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 20) July 27-29 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

kksaints wrote: »
    Corkies. Do ye have a friendly on the 12th? Will that effect our match against ye that weekend?

they have a game on the sunday vs someone. so we should move it to the 21 days we have without a game timeframe.

no clue who they playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dreamers75 wrote: »
    they have a game on the sunday vs someone. so we should move it to the 21 days we have without a game timeframe.

no clue who they playing.

Playing Blackburn on the 12th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Corkies. Do ye have a friendly on the 12th? Will that effect our match against ye that weekend?

Blackburn.
    It should have no effect at all. We bate Utd a few days ago and have shels tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Blackburn.
    It should have no effect at all. We bate Utd a few days ago and have shels tonight.

I meant the day the match is played actually. What day would our match be then?

FAI could be ***** and make them cancel....actually......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

dreamers75 wrote: »
    FAI could be ***** and make them cancel....actually......

Hope not. Extra days rest would do us good. Might go to this any decent hotels in Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

btw, many congrats to Pats. Best footballing team I saw at the Brandywell this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

NIMAN wrote: »
    btw, many congrats to Pats. Best footballing team I saw at the Brandywell this season.

Wait till you see our billionaire Limerick side next season:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Monday afaik. Total pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

As one players said after our win in Tolka.

Present City side have a psychological edge over this Shels team.

2-0

Daryl, Davin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Have a feeling that our mini revival may grind to a halt tonight against Bohs. Missing Burns and McLaughlin in defence with Osbourne also on the injured list.

In other news the Dundalk FC Community Trust had their relaunch last night and it was very heartening to see a great crowd turn up for it. Sean O'Connell from FORAS Cork was at it and he gave a great speech outlining the positives of a supporter run club. Spoke very well for a langer in fairness to him. Inspirational stuff.

Optimism and hope abound in Oriel at the moment. Long may it last.

gimmick wrote: »
    Monday afaik. Total pain in the arse.

we want it moved to end of august, no clue how you feel about that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pighead wrote: »
    Have a feeling that our mini revival may grind to a halt tonight against Bohs. Missing Burns and McLaughlin in defence with Osbourne also on the injured list.

In other news the Dundalk FC Community Trust had their relaunch last night and it was very heartening to see a great crowd turn up for it. Sean O'Connell from FORAS Cork was at it and he gave a great speech outlining the positives of a supporter run club. Spoke very well for a langer in fairness to him. Inspirational stuff.

Optimism and hope abound in Oriel at the moment. Long may it last.
    #

Good buddy of mine. He is the brains behind FORAS, and does it completely without ego. Some are in it for themselves, not Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

#

Good buddy of mine. He is the brains behind FORAS, and does it completely without ego. Some are in it for themselves, not Sean.
    Yeah, he spoke very passionately about the club and it was obvious he has a great love for the club. He went down really well with our crowd. Fair play to him for making the trip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Last thing Rovers need is a match of any sort, a home game, an away game, a visit to the Brandywell.

• Advertisement

North out for the season, thats sligo bollixed.

Wouldnt surprise me if Rovers went on a decent run.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big chance for Quigley to prove himself. He has the talent, just needs to apply it consistently.

As I said in a different thread, I can see Rovers still challenging this season, but not with Kenny in charge.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We're done unless we manage to sign another striker and he turns out to be great. Not confident Quigley will do it.

Gutted for North. Hopefully he'll be back just as strong next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Looking forward to getting back to Dalymount this evening. Missed the UCD game as I was sick and last week was a "bye week".

Dundalk been stringing some decent results together over the last couple of weeks so I'm expecting a pretty tight game tonight. They actually look a proper team since McCaffrey stepped aside. ;)

Scrappy 1-0 win would be great. At least Scully won't be playing. Useless fúcker.

EDIT: Just noticed they're showing the 4-0 win over Rovers in the Pheonix Bar after the game.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    We're done unless we manage to sign another striker and he turns out to be great. Not confident Quigley will do it.

Gutted for North. Hopefully he'll be back just as strong next season.

window closes on tuesday unless the player is unattached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

needs it's own thread?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

If Michael Carrick gets its own thread than I don't see why this shouldn't..

Anyway, big blow for Sligo. They really need Ventre or someone to step up to the plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Massive blow indeed.

Quigley needs to prove himself now.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    If Michael Carrick gets its own thread than I don't see why this shouldn't..

Anyway, big blow for Sligo. They really need Ventre or someone to step up to the plate.

Ventre plays in midfield and is the least attacking of them. You must mean Quigley or Cretaro :)

Ventre has been fantastic this season though. A different player compared to previous years.

Ventre plays in midfield and is the least attacking of them. You must mean Quigley or Cretaro :)

Ventre has been fantastic this season though. A different player compared to previous years.
    Them too. Quigley is having his problems and Cretaro has been on the slide for the past season or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

Massive blow indeed.

Quigley needs to prove himself now.

He has needed to do that the last couple of seasons. Bags of talent but doesn't always produce and can be so annoying to watch.

This is a big loss for Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is Quigley the guy with the poodle shaped hairstyle?

Mars Bar wrote: »

All natural!
    1343018459.jpg

North thread merged.
    Mars Bar wrote: »

Poodle-shaped is one of the kinder words I've heard for it:D

• Advertisement

We're looking to sign someone if the right guy is available apparently.

Heskey is still looking. Failing to land someone of his caliber, I would be fine with somone like Louis Saha or even Ivan Klasnic.

Wonder when the Michael Carrick thread will get merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Funny I can't remember a major piece of EPL news that was made into a thread being merged into that weeks EPL match thread :confused:

All natural!
    1343018459.jpg

12264-6196.gif

gustavo wrote: »
    Funny I can't remember a major piece of EPL news that was made into a thread being merged into that weeks EPL match thread :confused:

It had been mentioned already in this thread. Natural place for it would be a Sligo Rovers superthread, but there isn't one....

gustavo wrote: »

The injury has also got little relevance to this weekends fixtures as Slgo are not playing this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dfx- wrote: »
    North thread merged.

Poodle-shaped is one of the kinder words I've heard for it:D

Why the hell is the North thread merged? It is MASSIVE news that he is out for the season and it deserves it's own thread. I hope all EPL threads like that are merged too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It had been mentioned already in this thread. Natural place for it would be a Sligo Rovers superthread, but there isn't one....

It's massive news for the league. It should have it's own thread. What a joke.

DFX out :D

• Advertisement

Better place would be in the League of Ireland forum, but there isn't one.

Seems to be one totally dedicated to Tottenham though.

( not having a personnal go btw, just staring facts )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Better place would be in the League of Ireland forum, but there isn't one.

Seems to be one totally dedicated to Tottenham though.

( not having a personnal go btw, just staring facts )

boards is an Irish forum, if anything the epl should be a subforum.

Teamnews ( Taken from RTE )

Drogheda United: Gabriel Sava; Eric Foley, Alan McNally, Derek Prendergast, Philip Hand; Cathal Brady, Paul Crowley, Sean Brennan, Conor McMahon; Peter Hynes, Declan O'Brien.

UCD: Mark McGinley; Hugh Douglas, Daniel Ledwith, David O'Connor, Michael Leahy; Paul Corry, Paul O'Conor, Robbie Benson; Samir Belhout, David McMillan.
    Referee: Tom Connolly (Dublin).

Derry City: Gerard Doherty, Simon Madden, Ryan McBride, Shane McEleney, Dermot McCaffrey; Patrick McEleney, Barry Molloy, Ruaidhri Higgins, Owen Morrison, Stephen McLaughlin, David McDaid.
    Subs: Eddie McCallion, Mark Farren, Barry McNamee, Michael Duffy, Matthew Rooney, Eugene Ferry.

Shamrock Rovers: Oskar Jannson, Conor Powell, Craig Sives, Stephen Rice, Gary McCabe, Gary Twigg, Daryl Kavanagh, Chris Turner, Ronan Finn, Colin Hawkins, Pat Sullivan.
    Subs: Kerrea Gilbert, Gary O'Neill, Ciaran Kilduff, Lorcan Shannon, Killian Brennan, Conor McCormick, Reynard Pieterse.
    Referee: Mr Derek Tomney (Dublin).

Cork City: Mark McNulty, Ian Turner, Danny Murphy, Colin Healy, Shane Duggan, Davin O'Neill, Vinny Sullivan, John Dunleavy, Dan Murray, Kevin Murray, Daryl Horgan.

Shelbourne: Chris Bennion, Lorcan Fitzgerald, Andy Boyle, Conan Byrne, Philip Hughes, Kevin Dawson, Brian Shortall, Barry Clancy, Stephen Hurley, Sean Byrne, Philip Gorman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Stolen from extratime.ie ;)

There's quite a good atmosphere in the stadium - mainly from the excitable family enclosure left to me

Who is sitting there? The Shels supporters, or Cork Suppoerters, being pested by their kids moaning for a soft drink? ;)

:D

Latest:
    Bohemians 2-0 Dundalk
    Cork City 0-0 Shelbourne
    Derry City 0-0 Shamrock Rovers
    Drogheda United 1-0 UCD

Bohemians 2-0 Dundalk
    Cork City 0-0 Shelbourne
    Derry City 0-1 Shamrock Rovers
    Drogheda United 1-0 UCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Cork down to 10 now. This can both ways now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

#

Good buddy of mine also. He really is seriously passionate about the club. I reckon if and when he ties the knot, he'll have the photo shoot form the X.

Loads of chances tonight, should have taken a few, 2 points dropped.

Drogs were poor tonight. UCD deserved a point but I'm not complaining.

Keigan Parker has played less than 20 minutes of football for Cork, he picked up a yellow last week and was sent off tonight :pac:.

Pity it ended in a stalemate. I was looking forward to a good argument in here.

Keigan Parker has played less than 20 minutes of football for Cork, he picked up a yellow last week and was sent off tonight :pac:.

Pity it ended in a stalemate. I was looking forward to a good argument in here.

shels aren't worth arguing over......

• Advertisement
Advertisement