Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 20) July 27-29 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Pity it ended in a stalemate. I was looking forward to a good argument in here.

give it time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Drogs were poor tonight. UCD deserved a point but I'm not complaining.
    Deserved all three to be honest. UCD completely dominated the game. Very unlucky to go home empty handed. They really are a lovely team to watch. Drogs spent the entire second half defending deep and belting balls long inviting UCD to attack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Good result, ref shocking as usual. Up to 5th! Super effort considering we'd 1 point from first 5 games and it took us 495 minutes to score our first goal of the season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You think ref in your game was bad? If he was half as bad as the one in the Brandywell.

I honestly despair of the standard of ref'ing in this league.

Having said that Derry poor again tonight, and a very average looking Rovers side won easy enough. We spared Kenny the sack tonight. Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pighead wrote: »
    Deserved all three to be honest. UCD completely dominated the game. Very unlucky to go home empty handed. They really are a lovely team to watch. Drogs spent the entire second half defending deep and belting balls long inviting UCD to attack them.
    UCD played some nice stuff but didn't quite create enough to say that they should have gotten 3. Definitely deserved a share of the spoils though but they weren't creative enough. Sava had two great saves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

NIMAN wrote: »
    We spared Kenny the sack tonight. Pity.

No, it's great. ;)
    The breakdancer survives to wreak yet more havoc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

The Super Blues beat Athlone 1-0 tonight to remain top of the 1st division.

You think ref in your game was bad? If he was half as bad as the one in the Brandywell.

Yep, he gave Dundalk a free when their player fell over himself which they scored from. In the 93rd minute he gave them s corner, which was 5 yards in from the tochline, which they almost scored from

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Keigan Parker has played less than 20 minutes of football for Cork, he picked up a yellow last week and was sent off tonight :pac:.

Pity it ended in a stalemate. I was looking forward to a good argument in here.

Hopefully it was a controversial red card which shows clear anti-Cork or anti-Dublin bias. :)

No matter what the situation, Rovers winning in Derry is always good. Too many Liam Coyle inspired comebacks to think otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What's with the breakdancer jokes about Kenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dfx- wrote: »
    Hopefully it was a controversial red card which shows clear anti-Cork or anti-Dublin bias. :)

No matter what the situation, Rovers winning in Derry is always good. Too many Liam Coyle inspired comebacks to think otherwise.

Didn't quite see it, but Parker didn't have much of a reaction so he was probably guilty. Shels didnt do anything after it though, or before it. Should have hit 4 there tonight, but seem to be wanting a world record amount of draws this season instead. Shels showed no intent of doing anything really, which showed how poor we were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Massive news today that Danny North will miss the rest of the season after rupturing his cruciate ligament. 15 goals already in the league for Sligo so if they're going to keep going they need Quigley to take over from North.

Will this actually give Drogheda the chance to mount a league title push? :eek:

Link: http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/8590/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

There was a thread about this earlier but it was merged with this week's LOI thread.

Stupid.

BKC wrote: »
    There was a thread about this earlier but it was merged with this week's LOI thread.

Stupid.

I made another thread and it was merged again. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Feel like a Liverpool fan posting this, robbed from the Bohs forum but here's the league table without March.

CustomTable.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

SantryRed wrote: »
    I made another thread and it was merged again. Ridiculous.

They need to keep room on the first page for love ins about average players like Michael Carrick.

If it was a world class striker like Gary 'Still no European goals' Twigg it wouldn't be merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Unbeaten run continues:o

We created loads of chances over the 90 minutes but noone had shooting boots on tonight. Gearoid Morrissey was a big loss in midfield. Noone in there was able to get on the ball and control the game.

Shels were disappointing and never showed enough ambition to play. It took from the game unfortunately. A good point for them.

Good result for Finn Harps tonight to get a point down in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

When we lost Amond at around this time a couple of seasons ago we all assumed our season was over. He'd scored nearly all our goals to that point. But the team gelled well without a real scorer and we managed to really kick on. Hopefully we can do the same again. Quigley, Raf, Boco, Pascal, Cawley and Lynch amongst others will chip in with a few. I'd like to see us sign a forward if one is available but I don't think we're out of it without one.

It'll be tough, but we can do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

bohsman wrote: »
    Feel like a Liverpool fan posting this, robbed from the Bohs forum but here's the league table without March.

Thankfully March is part of the season:)

Fair point though..after the 2-0 game in Tallaght:

Rovers 13pts
    Bohs 0pts

Now, just a four point gap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BOHtox wrote: »

Maybe its the team being associated with so many heavy beats.

Stupid.

In fairness, it would vanish a lot quicker off the front page than a thread about a united player.

The weekly match thread of ours tends to stay up on the first page or two so is probably a better bet. Or even a loi gossip and news hread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Drogs were very lucky to come away with the points last night. Very lethargic display from them. UCD deserved at least a point and on another night they would have won the match. Sava made a couple of good saves, one in particular that looked to be nestling in the top corner. Thought Belhout was very good for UCD. Very nice goal that Fabio scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

BOHtox wrote: »

Was a well known "street performer" up around Grafton Street in the 80's with a group of lads that used to breakdance when it was all the craze. He would be seen every Saturday morning on the bus into town with his patch of lino he would later spin on.

Its just funny as he cracks up anytime anyone mentions it to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Stupid.

LOI stuff will probably be moved to the off topic thread soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nice to get another win under the belts. Played some absolutely brilliant stuff at times. Great to watch. They put an awful lot of pressure on themselves in the last 10 minutes or so but rode it out... just about.

Ref was awful. I thouht the ref V Rovers was bad but this was just a shambolic display. Gave Bohs little or nothing despite blatant crunching challenges regularly occuring.

Would be nice to grab 3 more against Bray next week with a difficult enough schedule looming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We had enough chances to win the rest of our games this season last night, but once again we didn't even work shells keeper. We were appalling.

Shells were an embarrassment on and off the pitch. They didn't even try to win that game. We went down to 10 men, and they sat back even further. That's Mathews for ya though.

The red was spot on, and I hope that gob****e never plays for us again. Useless prick. Ryanair flights are cheap, get one Parker.

As for shells off the pitch, they went into the horseshoe singing about how they beat the crap out of that idiot last year. They also brought in their own cans and I saw one gentleman flinging a can at a passing car. How they managed this while we were thowing bricks at them Ill never know, but well done shells. Very well done.

gimmick wrote: »
    We had enough chances to win the rest of our games this season last night, but once again we didn't even work shells keeper. We were appalling.

Shells were an embarrassment on and off the pitch. They didn't even try to win that game. We went down to 10 men, and they sat back even further. That's Mathews for ya though.

The red was spot on, and I hope that gob****e never plays for us again. Useless prick. Ryanair flights are cheap, get one Parker.

As for shells off the pitch, they went into the horseshoe singing about how they beat the crap out of that idiot last year. They also brought in their own cans and I saw one gentleman flinging a can at a passing car. How they managed this while we were thowing bricks at them Ill never know, but well done shells. Very well done.

You've such a chip on your shoulder :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Going to take a trip down to Bray to see them take on Bradford City.

dfx- wrote: »
    Thankfully March is part of the season:)

Fair point though..after the 2-0 game in Tallaght:

Rovers 13pts
    Bohs 0pts

Now, just a four point gap.

And we've a game in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gimmick wrote: »

I usually think the 'obsessed' line is cringy but ****in hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Is it a gimmick or o.c.d?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

CSF wrote: »
    I usually think the 'obsessed' line is cringy but ****in hell.

?????

Summed up the whole match for me.

We missed chances.
    Shels were muck
    Parker is a gowl
    Shels "supporters" let down their club with moronic chanting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Corholio wrote: »
    Didn't quite see it, but Parker didn't have much of a reaction so he was probably guilty. Shels didnt do anything after it though, or before it. Should have hit 4 there tonight, but seem to be wanting a world record amount of draws this season instead. Shels showed no intent of doing anything really, which showed how poor we were.

We were dire, once you's went down to 10 we seemed to just hold out for the draw! :confused:

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Stolen from extratime.ie ;)

There's quite a good atmosphere in the stadium - mainly from the excitable family enclosure left to me

Who is sitting there? The Shels supporters, or Cork Suppoerters, being pested by their kids moaning for a soft drink? ;)

:D

Cork fans, wtf is with all the random flags in that section by the way? Left wing kids? Can't remember seeing any foreign flags in that section before.

As for the lads who went into the Horseshoe, I heard there was a few drunken lads on the official bus so I'm guessing it was them tools!

?????

We missed chances.
    Shels were muck
    Parker is a gowl
    We were only slightly worse than you which is to be expected with you being the home team who should be winning, lets not get away from the fact that we're 4 points ahead of you in the league. Matthews is of course clueless, and you still couldn't really get the better of us, so I don't understand all this 'Shels were muck' talk. I think y'all would be much better served looking at your own gaping weaknesses.

As for our fans, I 100% agree that singing about the lad from the busstop is in horribly bad taste. There were a few lads on our bus that would never normally be anywhere and it made the journey both ways very unpleasant. Still though, there was no fighting as far as I know, so I think it passed over ok enough. Just for the record, some of your little knackers tried to brick our bus on the way out, I'd consider that worse than those chants but realistically I don't want to get into an argument of defending people I don't want at my club, against people you most likely don't want at your club.

I just thought gimmick's post had a massive case of the blindfold in there, and to be honest I think I've seen the chap talk as much about Shels on this forum as he has Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Pighead wrote: »

Drogs where better in the first half but ucd totally dominated the second :eek: Thats the blip over with and we still got the 3 points . Good sign for us . Onto to sligo on saturday cant wait ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

?????

We missed chances.
    Shels were muck
    Parker is a gowl

What about your lot singing about Shels during the friendly? Moronic? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Massive news today that Danny North will miss the rest of the season after rupturing his cruciate ligament. 15 goals already in the league for Sligo so if they're going to keep going they need Quigley to take over from North.

Will this actually give Drogheda the chance to mount a league title push? :eek:

Link: http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/8590/

Is that not what we are doing already ? No doubt his injury is a good thing for us but have to go and win games regardless . 6 on the trot now so showing signs of consistency . Sligo next weekend is a massive one for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that not what we are doing already ? No doubt his injury is a good thing for us but have to go and win games regardless . 6 on the trot now so showing signs of consistency . Sligo next weekend is a massive one for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that team you'll be expected to drop off in all fairness. But if Sligo keep falling it could become very close!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

CSF wrote: »

I just thought gimmick's post had a massive case of the blindfold in there, and to be honest I think I've seen the chap talk as much about Shels on this forum as he has Cork.

you do a fair bit of that aswell by the way.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    you do a fair bit of that aswell by the way.
    When we were in the First Division, when ourselves and yourselves were the only 2 teams in the league that were relevant, perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

But if Sligo keep falling it could become very close!

Keep falling? The have lost a total of one league game this season.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Was a well known "street performer" up around Grafton Street in the 80's with a group of lads that used to breakdance when it was all the craze. He would be seen every Saturday morning on the bus into town with his patch of lino he would later spin on.

Along with about half of Tallaght and no doubt any working class area of Dublin at the time. It's like having a laugh at a player in his early 30s for been a Oasis head in his teens. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Keep falling? The have lost a total of one league game this season.

But what effect will losing the leagues top scorer have on them?

Losing North must be a huge impact on paper. He's scored a huge amoutn of their goals and IIRC, he's scored a lot of late winners. Basically their Twigg.

If Pats had either, they'd be flying in the league.

But you can never assess these things until Sligo have played a few games without him. Other players/formations could no doubt come into it now that he's out. A goalscorer like North is like Twigg in that so much ends up going through him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

But what effect will losing the leagues top scorer have on them?

No doubt about it, North's injury is a massive loss but they are not a one man team by any stretch of the imagination.

stovelid wrote: »
    Losing North must be a huge impact on paper. He's scored a huge amoutn of their goals and IIRC, he's scored a lot of late winners. Basically their Twigg.

If Pats had either, they'd be flying in the league.

But you can never assess these things until Sligo have played a few games without him. Other players/formations could no doubt come into it now that he's out. A goalscorer like North is like Twigg in that so much ends up going through him.

As much as i would love someone to score 20 odd goals a season, neither would work for us this season. Honestly think when Fagan doesnt play we struggle big time and its not for his goals.

North is a massive blow to Sligo. Are they linked with anyone?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Are they linked with anyone?

Who would be around now i the league at this late stage?

Unless Barracliough knows somebody out of contract over there.

We've stopped leaking goals but have also stopped scoring them. It's like exploring all possible ways drawing games.

Who would be around now i the league at this late stage?

Unless Barracliough knows somebody out of contract over there.

We've stopped leaking goals but have also stopped scoring them. It's like exploring all possible ways drawing games.

Watch videos of us we are fcking deadly at drawing games.

Only Twigg in the league that play that role. So has to be from outside and they have till tuesday.

And north only signed a new deal recently....thats gonna hurt.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    And north only signed a new deal recently....thats gonna hurt.

He's one to keep or cash-in on long-term in fairness.

It seems like he - like Twigg - has dug them out of a lot of holes this season though. Maybe Barraclough has contacts. Wages must be high seeing as we supposedly couldn't (wouldn't) afford Peers.

Finn next for magic airplane I think.

• Advertisement

Finn next for magic airplane I think.

Honestly cant see it, was never a big fan just think he doesnt do enough in games altho only see him 3 or 4 times season.

Forrester has been rubbish in every game hes been watched, 7 scouts other night watching him. Bradford seemingly made contact.

Imo Russell or Chambers should be next from us for the magic plane.

Advertisement