Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 20) July 27-29 2012

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Honestly cant see it, was never a big fan just think he doesnt do enough in games altho only see him 3 or 4 times season.

Would have agreed last season but he's seriously stepped up this year. Although going over as an attacking midfielder is a big step up from wingers and full backs.

Always though Chambers would have made it and moved on in Scotland. Just wouldn't stay fit I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    Always though Chambers would have made it and moved on in Scotland. Just wouldn't stay fit I assume.

Must have lost about 4 stone whilst injured, hes looks fit now. Believe he may be Tallaght bound Kenny offered 2 players for him but think he will sign for you at end of season.

Smashing player but you have to accomdate him with 2 others which we do.

Smashing player but you have to accomdate him with 2 others which we do.

Never fully fit when with us I felt but smashing little player. Scored 7 or 8 goals. Actually ended up playing wide or at full-back for us a fair bit IIRC. You're right though: needs protection when he plays centre. Cam't see a need for him with Finn there though. And what's SK trying to line up players for next season. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

stovelid wrote: »

Finn next for magic airplane I think.

I like Finn as a player but he's too slight physically to make it in Britland - some other league, maybe
    Honestly cant see it, was never a big fan just think he doesnt do enough in games altho only see him 3 or 4 times season.

Forrester has been rubbish in every game hes been watched, 7 scouts other night watching him. Bradford seemingly made contact.

Imo Russell or Chambers should be next from us for the magic plane.

From what I've seen of Chambers I don't rate him - he's very predictable in that every single pass he plays goes to his right. I'd love to play against him. (This opinion is based on a handful of matches so it's sound ;) )

Forrester is a different matter - even on a bad day you can see he's class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

think Forrester is being told by his agent beforehand and ****s himself, smashing smashing talent and Bohs deserve money for playing him last season.

Chambers is brilliant but we rely on Bolger and Russell to ensure he works, Corry off UCD is a must sign player for us......absolute must sign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Keep falling? The have lost a total of one league game this season.

They've drawn two home games in a row to teams they should easily be putting away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    And we've a game in hand

Is there?

Same games played as far as I can make out..

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

dfx- wrote: »
    Is there?

Same games played as far as I can make out..

Sorry, you're correct, it's Pats we've a game in hand over ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Interesting reading... 6 wins on the trot for Drogs, 8 if you include the FAI and LC wins.

Huge game in Sligo next weekend.

3aHWD.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Sorry, you're correct, it's Pats we've a game in hand over ;)

Shels I think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nice to get another win under the belts. Played some absolutely brilliant stuff at times. Great to watch. They put an awful lot of pressure on themselves in the last 10 minutes or so but rode it out... just about.
    Dundalk just shaded the first 20 and last 20 but Bohs were by far the better side in the middle and deserved winners.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Ref was awful. I thouht the ref V Rovers was bad but this was just a shambolic display. Gave Bohs little or nothing despite blatant crunching challenges regularly occuring.

Are you serious? He was bad for both teams. Mountney was taken out of the game by a bad tackle ref plays on and then books Shiels for a harmless trip a little further up the pitch. There was a few other dodge frees given to Bohs in the first half. Maybe the assessor or something had a word with him at half time as he did try to even things up in the second half and the decision for the corner at the end was baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah poxy late start for MNS this week... 11.45 for all interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tommy Dunne wasn't a happy camper with Parker! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Tommy Dunne wasn't a happy camper with Parker! :D

Tommy has sized this fella up pretty quick by the looks of it.

No surprise if he is shown where the gate is.

We've been blessed down the years to have had top strikers (Morley, O'Flynn, O'Donovan, Mooney, Cummins).

The search continues for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

?????Shels "supporters" let down their club with moronic chanting.

A Cork scumbag involved with his mates in attacking people with their kids got his comeuppance.

Hardly the worst thing to be singing about. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Zebra3 wrote: »
    A Cork scumbag involved with his mates in attacking people with their kids got his comeuppance.

Hardly the worst thing to be singing about. :rolleyes:

So now you are condoning violence?

Very well done.

And for the record, he was an "a" student, and his dreams of continuing to be an "A" student were dashed that awful night in Shelbourne.

gimmick wrote: »

Very well done.

And for the record, he was an "a" student, and his dreams of continuing to be an "A" student were dashed that awful night in Shelbourne.

Is an 'A' student what you graduate on to when you finish your 'a' studies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

From someone who saw him in action and definitely doesn't condone any of the violence from either side, I really don't think those were his dreams. He shouldn't be in the state he is, but let's not describe him as an innocent victim either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Us Cork fans should be more worried about our performances and lack of ability to kill off teams then having pop at Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Very well done.

"A" student or not this fella was a fcuking gob****e. Must have left his brain in Cork that night. Him and his buddies were attacking men and women of all ages and kids into the bargain.

Whatever about the state he ended up in (and I was sick when I heard) if you witnessed his actions you would have wanted to give him a slap yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

What's this about? some Cork lad having a bad night at the dogs?

CSF wrote: »
    From someone who saw him in action and definitely doesn't condone any of the violence from either side, I really don't think those were his dreams. He shouldn't be in the state he is, but let's not describe him as an innocent victim either.

The chap is grand now, not a bother on him! Sure his bro is due up in court when he returns to Ireland for violent disorder from that night, a model family for all to follow!

My god, where do we find the time? If they are not chasing buses with bricks, our schooligans are hassling wimmin and children. What an awful bunch we are.

My god, where do we find the time? If they are not chasing buses with bricks, our schooligans are hassling wimmin and children. What an awful bunch we are.

Some man, me and CSF were standing metres from where it kicked off, we stopped and watched it unfold as he was with his younger bro, but sure it didn't happen....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I hereby declare my attendance for the match on October 13th ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Pathetic response!

You would have been better off not posting again instead of trying to make out Shels fans are generalising about Cork fans.

Are you related to the dickheads in question or something?

Some man, me and CSF were standing metres from where it kicked off, we stopped and watched it unfold as he was with his younger bro, but sure it didn't happen....:confused:

When did I ever allude to it not happening? I know it happened. It was someone else brought it back up earlier, saying it was deserved, thereby condoning what happened.

But the last week has been fun. I look forward to the next meeting.

I can't even figure out what your argument is here

Very well done.

I have no sympathy for those who go to football matches with the intent of attacking innocent people getting a taste of their own medicine.

And if some fans want to slag off the so-called hard men about running away and leaving their mate behind when their attack with weapons on people with their kids went wrong, I don't have a problem with it either.

And feel free to tell us who is to blame for his dreams being dashed?

• Advertisement

Point is, your prats could easily have started it on a much larger scale by starting singing what they did in the Horseshoe before the game. Luckily sense prevailed and a few of our older fans sheperded them out the door before it went on for too long.

But I am sure that their baiting of City fans in our own pub is acceptable to you as well, because some teenage idiot acted the prick in Dublin a year ago?

There is a difference between having no sympathy, which I do not have either by the way, and saying a fella got what he deserved. Even bigger when fellas try and get it all started again a long time after the fact.

Point is, your prats could easily have started it on a much larger scale by starting singing what they did in the Horseshoe before the game. Luckily sense prevailed and a few of our older fans sheperded them out the door before it went on for too long.

But I am sure that their baiting of City fans in our own pub is acceptable to you as well, because some teenage idiot acted the prick in Dublin a year ago?

There is a difference between having no sympathy, which I do not have either by the way, and saying a fella got what he deserved. Even bigger when fellas try and get it all started again a long time after the fact.
    I don't think anyone is using the word acceptable, if you look around our forums it is full of people who had to travel with these people, calling them idiots. Myself included.

But it isn't on the same level as milling anything in sight indiscriminately at families, and when the 2 things are part of the same conversation, the comparison is going to shine massively on one compared to the other.

If you think singing songs is the same as throwing bricks and bottles at people with their kids, you are totally deluded.

Why he got away with it I'll never understand. The justice system is ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

CSF wrote: »
    Why he got away with it I'll never understand. The justice system is ****ed.

While the Airtricity League Premium Division football supporter did not receive a conviction. Based on the evidence presented in court and not contested by Graham O'Rourke (20), decisions within football environments can be made to prevent him from attending any games he may attend.

Football Clubs liable for Negligence:
    There may be an onus on football clubs to prevent him attending games, because of his history. If a football club is aware of his presence they may have little Defence if there is an incident involving Mr. O'Rourke.

• Advertisement

EDIT: Screw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

EDIT: Screw it.

I read that before your edit.

You really are extremely bitter.

That Lemon picture you usually trot out really does suit you.

Yet it took you 11 minutes to come up with that witty and profoundly insulting retort. Well done.

Good day.

Leave Britney alone!!!!!

Advertisement