Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor to charge for Voicemail

Options
  • 25-07-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

From 28th August next, calls to voicemail will cost 15c per call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

craoltoir wrote: »
    From 28th August next, calls to voicemail will cost 15c per call.
    Does this apply to bill-pay?
    http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/meteor_prepay_customer_notification/
    Meteor Prepay Customer Notification

Meteor Prepay Customer Notification

We wish to advise all customers on Meteor's Pay As You Go tariffs of the following price changes:

Voicemail access will change to 15c per call.

The changes will take effect on 26th August 2012

Under Regulation 14 of the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Universal Services and Users' Rights) Regulations 2003, an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification.
    If you are a subscriber to the services affected by these changes and if you do not accept these changes, you may therefore cease to use the service without penalty imposed, by giving us written notice, received at any time prior to the implementation of the change. Should such notice be received, your account will be terminated in line with our normal provisions. Please note that continued usage of the services at any stage after the implementation of changes, shall be taken as acceptance of same.
    I always thought it was regulation 17 of the European Communities Regulations 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Can't find info on the website but just received a text with the info from Meteor. No mention whether it applies to PAYG, Bill-Pay or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Are EMobile doing the same?

I have just signed up for a further 12 months with meteor so am wondering will this change allow me get out of the contract without penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I have just signed up for a further 12 months with meteor so am wondering will this change allow me get out of the contract without penalty?

i believe so yes, if the changes are applied to PostPay customers.

• Advertisement

i believe so yes, if the changes are applied to PostPay customers.
    appears to be just for prepay customers:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

It says for prepay customers so wouldnt be able to get out of contract due to this unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Guess I'll be leaving meteor so. It's already a pain in the backside trying to get through to customer care when you have no credit, since they now charge for that too.

After about 7 years with Meteor, it's off to Vodafone or Three I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Guess I'll be leaving meteor so. It's already a pain in the backside trying to get through to customer care when you have no credit, since they now charge for that too.

After about 7 years with Meteor, it's off to Vodafone or Three I go.

Vodafone charge 15c/min for prepay voicemail.
    Three don't charge anything though for prepay users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Kensington wrote: »
    Vodafone charge 15c/min for prepay voicemail.
    Three don't charge anything though for prepay users.

shows how much I know about VF. Three it is! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Vodafone dont charge for voicemail on all their plans. The base plans have free calls to voicemail

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/pricing/talk-text/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

here is the offending sms?
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Out of interest does anyone know have Meteor changed any terms for Post Pay customers over the past year or so? I'm signed up since last August and would very much like to tell them to **** off given the ****e service I've been subjected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Advertisement