Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mists of Pandaria release date: Confirmed.

• 25-07-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭

Here we go:

Blizzard have confirmed the release date as Sept 25th.

Link and source here

Now, I personally won't be around for it, but as a former player I thought people here may be interested.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll probably get it, but not really that bothered by it to be honest. And it was always going to be within a month of the Guild Wars 2 release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Need something like a TB video to give me a good low down on this new expansion, i know absolutely nothing about this other than it has panda's, even had to google MoP because i didn't even know what it meant. i'm so out of the loop with WoW with about 18 months since i played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Only way I can see this selling well is that if they boost everyone to level 85 by default when you buy it, similar to the scroll they have going at the moment. Any new customer would be totally turned off having to level from 1-90, alone and bored.

Similarly, I can't see former players being arsed to buy the new expansion if they have to buy and level through the last one. I would consider getting it if they did boost you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Upgraded my account to MOP through battlenet just there.

No point in kidding myself, I'll always play wow while its living :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Kirby wrote: »
    Only way I can see this selling well is that if they boost everyone to level 85 by default when you buy it, similar to the scroll they have going at the moment. Any new customer would be totally turned off having to level from 1-90, alone and bored.

Similarly, I can't see former players being arsed to buy the new expansion if they have to buy and level through the last one. I would consider getting it if they did boost you.
    i'd be dead jealous of someone playing this for the first time, they're starting on a massive journey that will lead them to so many cool places and the game is so refined now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

To be fair you will have a lot of people leveling the new race/class. On a full pop server the low levels still have a decent population, I'm tipping away on leveling a rogue and regularly encounter people. I don't think they will be alone for long in the world and certainly not from a guild point of view. I created my character and within a minute of entering the game had 3 guild invites to level 25 guilds for people leveling up. Gold making scheme from their point of view but I'm after doing a few BGs and instances with them and you see people asking silly class / quest specific questions in guild chat that are answered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure if it'll change closer to release but as of right now, I don't think I'll be coming back - even for a new expansion. Wouldn't have thought it possible six months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I resubbed to wow a few weeks ago, and within 2 days i completely lost interest. Sucker that i am i will buy in for the expansion to see what's new, but i doubt very much that it'll have the hold over me that vanilla, TBC, wrath and the beginning of cata had. Handy having a few quid on the battlenet account thanks to diablo3 too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheDoc wrote: »
    Upgraded my account to MOP through battlenet just there.

No point in kidding myself, I'll always play wow while its living :)

we had this conversation on vent few days ago. no one knows much about it, but if other will play, then all will play type thing :D

i preordered today in gamestop. :o i want to have collectors edition as i got the others expansion collector edition too.

we will get few months out of it. i really miss those old days where we played wow together :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

i really miss those old days where we played wow together

Im the same with my mates.. they either lost all interest or just where too awful at the game for me to stay with them...
    Or basicly couldn't be bothered to raid.
    i preordered today in gamestop

Dont suppose you know if they will have any mid night Opening around the country?
    Need to pre-order my copy soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Akarinn wrote: »
    Im the same with my mates.. they either lost all interest or just where too awful at the game for me to stay with them...
    Or basicly couldn't be bothered to raid.

Dont suppose you know if they will have any mid night Opening around the country?
    Need to pre-order my copy soon.

hmm dunno. if its tuesday then it is useless to me. i am working from 5:00 in the morning so no way i will be off for the night to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

meh no point in getting over excited to play at exact point of release, take your time, go to work, stroll into a shop and buy it on your lunch break or way home. Take your time getting home, install it and attempt to login.. There is a chance you wont be able to due to unforeseen tech issues, or if you're lucky you will likely enter a long ass que.

Outland is pretty populated now at the time its usually dead prior to release, i'm not looking forward to the que times for the months following mop release, not one bit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

nix wrote: »
    Outland is pretty populated now at the time its usually dead prior to release, i'm not looking forward to the que times for the months following mop release, not one bit :(

First time in a long time I have seen a queue on login was tonight, 385 in front of me (10 mins ish queue). Expecting 2k+ queues come end of September lasting into the end of October. Think it levelled out in about 3 weeks or so the last time. I'm forever hopeful it won't be as bad this time, but big releases are always horrible. I'm going to miss the first week of it regardless so hopefully it might be just a little less mental :)

witless1 wrote: »
    First time in a long time I have seen a queue on login was tonight, 385 in front of me (10 mins ish queue). Expecting 2k+ queues come end of September lasting into the end of October. Think it levelled out in about 3 weeks or so the last time. I'm forever hopeful it won't be as bad this time, but big releases are always horrible. I'm going to miss the first week of it regardless so hopefully it might be just a little less mental :)

Was very manageable through Cata.

The obvious surge came from 5:30-7pm

I just used to join queue from work with remote access and when I'd get home I'd be in.

Don't remember suffering at all to queues really, Wrath was a different animal all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Don't remember suffering at all to queues really, Wrath was a different animal all together.

MoP will be mental, everyone who said they "wont" buy the game.. Will obv come back just to see if it has improved at all.

Id hate to be in your boots Doc, Outlands on day of release *shudder*

Hour long quess, and server crashes.. Gonna be one hell of a ride (ps, come to Shadowsong) :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

well i played the beta for a while and really lost interest, seeing as i'm back in college this year i've decided not to buy mop.

i would definitely be jealous of someone just starting to play for the first time! i remember thinking that wearing a red defias mask would stop them all from attacking me and being so surprised when they all attacked me as i casually strolled through them haha

Akarinn wrote: »
    MoP will be mental, everyone who said they "wont" buy the game.. Will obv come back just to see if it has improved at all.

Id hate to be in your boots Doc, Outlands on day of release *shudder*

Hour long quess, and server crashes.. Gonna be one hell of a ride (ps, come to Shadowsong) :p

As I said I would join queue through remote access and be fine by the time I got home ;)

the cinematic seems to me to be geared towards a younger audience than they have had for the last 3, see for yourself.

Yeah, it's definitely got a different vibe to any previous cinematic. It's more cartoony then their other ones. Even the animations of the orc/human seem off somehow.

Still though, from a cinematic pov, it looks great.

yeah i liked the animation in that respect, same as i like watching pixar films, but having played wow from the very start and watching this..

..Still brilliant CGI, metamorph into the above, turns the game on it's head for me. I'll buy it anyway, but i doubt very much that it's going to have the same hold it had over me for the last 8 years, and i'm not just basing that on the cinematic. I was dumbfounded when Chris Metzen himself said at blizzcon last year that pokemon or "pet battles" would be a subgame.
    I actually thought it was a joke, and so did the audience.

feck it, it might actually be fun for a while, but the guts of the game from way back when are completely burnt out for me, the new cinematic is just another nail in it's coffin.

• Advertisement

God i remember seeing that cinematic for the first time and being absolutely blown away. Blizz really do fantastic cinematics. Still watch the Warcraft 3 ones from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just imagining the amount of ninja panda's running around on release. I think I'll go for a ninja gnome or some such.. Just to be different..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

I miss playing WoW. Wrath of the Lich King was the last one I played. I miss the game as it is so much fun but it was either play WoW or pass college exams. College reluctantly won out. :( I have watched the new MoP expansion trailer several times and I am just in awe at it. I was playing a night elf rogue.

Advertisement