Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor's price hikes

Options
  • 25-07-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭

Today I got a text message from Meteor advising me that from Aug 28th they'll be charging me 15c to access my voicemail.

This is on top of a 10c hike on daily rate for mobile internet usage.

I didn't worry so much about the mobile internet as I only use it now and again but I think charging to access voicemails is a bit Irish. In times like these, are Meteor taking the piss?

Feck it, I'm off to O2....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭thebiglad

o2 charge for voicemail too but only after all bundled credit is used...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Three charge me for voicemail. It wont even come out of my minutes, its just added to my bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DylanII wrote: »
    Three charge me for voicemail. It wont even come out of my minutes, its just added to my bill.

You can get it for free just download Hullomail, that's what everyone else on 3 does, no need to be paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

You can get it for free just download Hullomail, that's what everyone else on 3 does, no need to be paying for it.

Don't think three support this on PAYG?

Don't think three support this on PAYG?

Voicemail is free on PAYG so no need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Voicemail is free on PAYG so no need for it.

Really? It's a bit strange that they charge bill pay customers on not pay as you go!

Really? It's a bit strange that they charge bill pay customers on not pay as you go!

They don't change all bill pay customers only the ones on the max plans, all the rest of the bill pay have free voicemail. You can get hullomail in the app and play stores for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Out of bundle texts going to 13c too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Three's PayG offering is much better value than their contract offering anyway. I started a thread about it on the Three forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

If they change the terms of your bill pay contract, you are entitled to terminate the contract without penalty. This might be a way out for those effected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Re hullomail. It's only good if you've a free landlines add-on, otherwise you will be charged for diverting to a different number other then your voicemail number.

This is only affecting payg meteor customers too. Bill pay customers are unaffected so no one will be able to get out of contract:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79910867

Advertisement