Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Irelands

Options
  • 25-07-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Good afternoon all,

For anyone who made the trip to Limerick Race-course, what did everyone think of the event?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What event was this?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

The NARGC club and county All Irelands.
    Was there Saturday and Sunday spectating. Was a nice set up and all the traps were laid out well. Would have prefered to see lads getting five pairs instead of three. Well done Laois on the County win and Wexford on the club win.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Good afternoon all,

For anyone who made the trip to Limerick Race-course, what did everyone think of the event?
    I taught it was a great set up and a great place to have it my only problem was the traps going wrong we got stuck at 1 trap for an hour and a quarter and about an hour at an other which kinda ruined it but overall I enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

having 3 pairs in some stands allows the 50 bird to be shot over 8 stands in stead of the usual 5. which i suppose seperates the teams that can concentrate from the get go and those that cant.thats what determines the best team in my opinion.ya it was a good lay out alright ,that jack rabbit was not for the faint hearted !!shootable targets though:)

charlie10 wrote: »
    that jack rabbit was not for the faint hearted !!shootable targets though:)

Lads were hitting the first one no bother and missing the second which was a far slower clay.

How did ye get on with the flush. That was an interesting trap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

homerhop wrote: »
    charlie10 wrote: »
    that jack rabbit was not for the faint hearted !!shootable targets though:)

Lads were hitting the first one no bother and missing the second which was a far slower clay.

How did ye get on with the flush. That was an interesting trap
    When we shot it the first one was a real slow one rolling across the ground and the second one was the jack rabbit it came across nearly like a looper. I taught they were ok the dropping duck were quick

must have reversed it on Sunday, first one was a rocket second one bobbled along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

img0821t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

homerhop wrote: »
    must have reversed it on Sunday, first one was a rocket second one bobbled along.

On the Saturday the first rabbit was the slowest clay I ever saw in my life, I think the reason so many missed it was because was it was so slow and lads were looking for a usual fast one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

ya saturday the fast one was second,i think alot of people forgot the "shoot the feet off the rabbit"approach looked to me they were firing over it,that second rabbit was more like a looper alright .no real far out target there but i suppose pressuse is what catchs people,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

It was a great weekend. Great shooting too.

I pulled together the venue hire cash and sponsorship for Limerick RGC and presented the prizes on the Saturday.

Everyone was well catered for food wise and it was a great venue.

well done Limerick RGC for the brilliant job they did over the weekend and well done to the NARGC for the work they did too, good event.

Advertisement